Season 8 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by GoGators, Apr 24, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#2 UF 43
    USF 21

With new QB James Pearson getting his first snaps the UF offense put a whoopin to the Bulls in Tampa. Unfortunately the Gators offense stumbled quite a few times with scoring opportunities resulting in a busy day of FG kicking for senior AA kicker Seth Jones. With around 95+% of the firepower from last years offense now playing in the NFL, it was tough to find playmakers out there today.

The talent on this team is clearly its backfield where Williams, Gallagher and Pearson combine to be quite the threat, but unfortunately it's tough to utilize these guys when the programming of the game doesn't allow you much success running the ball from the shotgun. A couple plays really stood out in todays game. One was on multiple zone read attempts the DE would crash and Pearson would make the right read only to have both DT's and the OLB just stroll right through their blocks crushing Pearson as soon as he pulled the ball. The other lovely play was on triple option looks from the shotgun the pitches were all over the place. Multiple times the pitchman would be wide open but the pitch would take him backwards resulting in 10 yard losses. (I'm getting close to shelfing this game)

Additionally, a fun pattern was noticed in the USF defensive playcalling. If UF called a 4 WR running play on first down then the defense would line up in its 4-3. If UF called a 4 WR play action on first down the defense would play nickel or dime. This was a 100% of the time pattern. Man I hope they fix that crap for next year!

Anyways....

Gameball - HB S. Gallagher 11 car 137 yds TD

Notables
    UF

QB Pearson 134.1, 15/28, 190 yds 2 TDs, 11 car 41 yds TD
    HB C. Williams 8 car 5 yds, 3 rec 39 yds TD

USF
    QB Givens 124.0, 19/35, 236 yds 2 TDs, INT
    HB P. Hawk 19 att 56 yds TD
    WR Jacobs 7 rec 117 yds 2 TDs

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

huh, I never noticed things like that. Good eye, I really don't pick up on the CPU tendencies. TBH I don't really pay much attention during them.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The CPU always does that crap. Can't believe you never noticed before.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm trying to fathom how someone that pays little enough attention to the game to notice something as obvious as that was able to win the national championship...

I'm guessing crappy opponents (especially those bums in the Big 10). (I guess I need to add the token :) otherwise people in the interwebs will think that I'm serious).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    cheese.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alabama - 49

UCLA - 24

Easy win on West Coast

Alabama traveled to the other side of the country and beat the Bruins with ease. Both sides of the ball played pretty well but will prove if they are up to the test next week vs Penn State. As always the offense fired on all cylinders but the rainy conditions did prove nasty with a few overthrown receivers and bad snaps. Thankfully though Alabama did not turn the ball over once while the defense was able to force four.

Up next is Penn State.

Stats

L. Brown - 12/24, 217 yards, 2 TD, 8 Att, 22 yards, TD

A. Bowser - 24 Att, 124 yards, 2 TD
    M. Colbert - 6 Att, 41 yards, TD

D. Simpson - 5 Rec, 93 yards

J. Sanders - 11 Tackles, 5 TFL, FF, Defl
    J. Miller - 10 Tackles, INT, FF, INT-TD
    C. Mills - 6 Tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks
    G. Cole - 4 Tackles, INT, Defl

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 45
    ND 17

MSU's young offense started off very slow. ND jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter after picking off Brunner on his 2nd career pass attempt, trying to hit WR JB Mack in the flat. MSU's defense, on the other hand, showed their experience. After the offense managed to pull it together a bit and tie the game before halftime on a bomb from Brunner to Mack as time expired, MSU's secondary picked off ND QB Tolbert and took it to the house on the 2nd half's first play to put the Spartans up 17-10. The offense then finally started to gel, especially the running game. Nearly three Spartans finished with over 70 yards on the ground. Last years Doak Walker runner up Jason Cook left midway through the 3rd quarter with a scary injury but should be fine, and still totaled 79 yards on the ground. Former 5-star recruit Clay Martindale made his debut and scored on a 50 yard TD run and finished with 69 rushing yards. QB Nicolas Brunner was the 3rd rusher and topped 70 yards as he showed off his athleticism. The Spartan defense only allowed ND to score once more and it was on NDs final drive. As usual, its going to be tough to run on this group, but the secondary also looks much improved although they lack experience.

STATS:
    QB Brunner 12/18 283 2TDs 1INT 22 Carries 79 yards 2TDs
    HB Jason Cook 18 Carries 79 yards
    WR Matthew Fruend 3 Catches 103 yards 1TD
    MLB Randall Bonds 8TKLs 2FF

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Because I'm like rain man on the sticks brah....lol:D

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    What was your QB rating last season? 2chedda8?

Sidenote: Anyone else see the Ben Haumiller video where he said, "If you like to throw the skinny post to the slot receiver, you better find a new offense in '12"?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, yeah..not my MO.

12. GoGators

Can you post a link to the video? Or I'll just find it on EA. That was one thing I noticed on the gameplay video when the Oregon guy makes the INT, there's like a cluster of guys in the middle of the field.

Well if you can't throw the post and you can't throw to the flats and the CBs run the outs and ins before the WRs do, the passing game should be interesting next season. I better start studying the fleXbox One.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

No matter how many changes they make to the game, we all will be pro's a month in(except for dakota).

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It was on OS's front page...

I think it is this one: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52550/ncaa-football-12-gameplay-preview/?quality=hd

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If they implement zone right, and you don't understand combo routes, it could be tough for you. From that one video, it looks like they are going to play the ball a lot more. Imagine if you had 4+ users back there playing DB.

16. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have a feeling that bunch formations are going to be popular and exploitative in 12

17. GoGators

Why would bunch formations be popular and expoitative in `12? That doesn't make sense. Zones are used to stop these formations since the basic design of a bunch formation is to not allow man to man bump and run coverage by creating mesh concepts at the LOS. If they've fixed the zones then these shouldn't be exploitative. Perhaps you meant flood concepts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    So the zone cover, play recognition, and acceleration ratings will be extremely important this year. I cant wait to see it in action.

19. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Cincinnati - 0
    Clemson - 44

As the new season opened up, the Tigers were excited as they returned 8 starters to the defense. This experience showed from the opening kick off as the Clemson D held the no huddle Cincy offense in check throughout the game. HB Jorge Irvin opened up the scoring on a 3 yard toss as he out ran the defense. Things continued to look good on defense, but the Tiger's offense kept stalling inside Bearcat territory. They had to rely on 3 long FGs from kicker Johnny Taylor. Then just before the half ended, the Tigers put together a TD drive as Mark Allen scampered in from 5 yards out. 23-0 Clemson at the half.

As the 2nd half opened up the Tigers were hit with some devastating news when starting HB Mark Allen went down for 7 weeks with a dislocated elbow. The team struggle a little with the loss, but QB Aaron Sanders would hit WR Chris Quinn on a beautiful 25 yard pass (1st video) in the back of the end zone. Then, on the Tiger's next drive, Sanders went to the play action finding his FB in the flat. Albert Jones would scamper 46 yards for the TD (2nd video). Sanders would throw another TD midway through the 4th as he found his freshman TE Mark Rodgers for a 9 yard score.

Sanders finished 13/22 for 247 yards and 3 TDs. Irvin carried 14 times for 63 yards and a TD, while Mark Allen had 11 for 56 and a TD before coming out. Chris Quinn lead the WRs with 3 catches for 52 yards and 1 TD.

20. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Penn St @ Rutgers

Penn St opened up the new season with a beating of Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights were clearly overmatched but this was never more evident when Penn St scored 3 TD's in a matter of 32 seconds late in the second quarter.

Andy Wesley looked great in the first game of his Junior Season. He had a early pick but rebounded nicely and threw 4 TD's in the opening half before taking the entire second half off. New starting HB Stephen Clark was also good even though his stamina rating is the worst I have ever seen for a RB. He is only good for 2 consecutive carries at any time. He broke the 100 yard mark in his first game as a Nittany Lion. OLB Calvin Watson was a beast causing havoc all over the field.. He looks to have a monster season.

Next week, the Nittany Lions travel to Tuscaloosa to face SEC power Alabama. We'll know much more about this season's squad after this big early season battle.

Stats
    Wesley 12-18 250yds 4 TD's 1 INT
    Clark 19-108yds 1 TD (1 Rec TD)
    Stewart 2-99 1 TD
    Riggs 5-76yds 2 TD's
    Gross 40 Rec yds 11 Rushing Yds
    Watson 8 Tackles 2 Sacks Forced Fumble

Scoring Summary

First Quarter

02:26 TD Penn State Aaron Riggs WR #86 12 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​

Second Quarter

05:59 TD Penn State Lawrence Moore FB #27 1 yard rush​
    03:38 FG Rutgers Nick Robinson K #7 19 yard field goal​
    03:15 TD Penn State Lance Stewart WR #4 75 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    00:39 TD Penn State Stephen Clark HB #19 9 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    00:20 TD Penn State Aaron Riggs WR #86 17 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    00:07 TD Penn State Stephen Clark HB #19 10 yard rush​

Third Quarter

06:24 TD Penn State Brandon Wilson HB #34 41 yard rush​

Forth Quarter

04:57 FG Penn State T.J. Williams K #17 22 yard field goal​
    01:36 FG Penn State T.J. Williams K #17 38 yard field goal​

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia - 23
    Kentucky - 17

The Lee Jolly era began as the highly touted Freshman HB made his debut for the Cav's, carrying them a 23-17 victory over the Kentucky Wildcats in Lexington. Jolly had 21 carries for 159 yards and 2 TD's. Redshirt Freshman QB Dan Nixon also made his debut, managing the game, going 8-15 for 99 yards. Nixon did not have a TD but also did not turn the ball over. The kid is very raw (69 OVR) but has some speed to avoid the rush and won the job coming out of spring practice. On defense, the Cav's were able to force one key turnover late in the 4th quarter, allowing them to pad their lead and eventually wrapped up the win. Up next, the LSU Tigers come to Charlottesville. Will be a real test of what this team is made of, thats for sure!!!

22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Flood concepts is what I meant I guess. You know you really come off harsh and argumentative when you comment. Take a second and think of what you are posting and the way you are posting it. If it is coming out this way and you don't mean it to be, then its cool, just let me know or post with a smiley face. Otherwise if you are purposely trying to be a dick, then all your doing is creating unnecessary problems. Just wanting to make sure all is cool.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you think that is harsh...you need thicker skin. He is trying to teach you something...

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

stop trolling shaun

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Florida State knocks off defending champs!

We had a glitch with about a minute to play, but FSU was up 34-14 at the time. I wound up replaying against the CPU to get a result uploaded.

I'm going to bed. I'll post up more tomorrow. Good game nautica, not what I was expecting.