Season 8 scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Drifterbub, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Post em up.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    Iowa CB Ryan Morris recorded 5 tackles and 2 interceptions in the 31-3 win over Troy in Iowa City.

IOWA: 31
    TROY: 3

The Iowa Hawkeyes 1-0 (0-0) jumped out to a hot start with a stellar defense, forcing 3 turnovers and 5 sacks. Defensive End Richard Culver led the Hawkeyes defense as he recorded 8 tackles and 1 sack. CB Ryan Morris had two big interceptions and 5 tackles leading the secondary. The Hawkeyes offense was rough at times but long awaited highlight back Stephen Reddick rushed for 142 yards on 21 carries with 2 TD's. Spell back David Banks had 6 carries for 73 yards with 2 TD's in the game, proving he is ready for the limelight as well. His production has Coach Frisk thinking they need to split more carries. Second year starter QB Travis Robertson completed 9 of 15 passes for 121 yards but stuggled throwing 2 interceptions in the game. Receiver Billy Fox led the receiving core with 42 yards receiving while TE Javon Jean also had a productive day with 39 yards receiving.

The Iowa Hawkeyes 1-0 (0-0) will now get ready for their week 2 battle with the Utah Utes.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Nice win Emmdotfrisk

Unfortunately, I had everything going through the 2nd quarter, then the bottom fell out. It felt great to play again, I am just a bit rusty but I will get the kinks out.

TCU dominates Arizona
    [​IMG]

Lots of injuries throughout the game for Arizona...but no excuse. It was bad playcalling on my part that cost us a shot at winning. Quarterback Bob Williams played great throwing 2 touchdowns and 0 ints. Our defense really needs to step up...38-14 was the final

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Just had to restart against FSU. Apparently the two new heaters I picked up this weekend can't be on at the same time with all my other shit because it flipped the breaker. Damnit.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

6. Emmdotfrisk

yeah TCU is a bitch. 4-2-5 is hard to run and pass on.

7. Keller

My game did not report against FSU - my power was flipped literally as I was uploading highlights. Apparently this little heater is a piece of shit and flips my power regardless.

Bye bye National Championship - I'm not playing that shit again.

Sim my shit Drift.

8. Emmdotfrisk

damn, I wouldn't expect this from you.

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I doubt it's the Heater...

Usually if you plug a heater in its going to pull 7-10 amps of your 15/20 amp circuit..add your tv and xbox to it..prolly pushed it over...that sucks tho man

10. Keller

The circuit has everything on it

My computer shit, my minifridge, tv, xbox... all that shit.

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    damn man...no wonder u tripped it

12. Keller

mancave man... mancave

13. Bondzai

Sounds like a dorm room.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Keller

Since we aren't playing tonight - I'm going to give this one more shot.

I'm going to be extra salty if I lose to FSU after beating them by 2 TD's. I had a late pick six that finally swung the game in my favor - that team is good, I don't care what their ratings are.

15. Bondzai

Come on man, I beat them last year. :)

16. Keller

I don't know what it is - 3 games - all 3 they played me really, really tough. Their QB's are nasty, so fast when they break the pocket (and they do a lot.)

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Happened to me the other day. But it was a combination of my new receiver and my wife plugged the vacuum in on the same breaker, turned on vacuum and poof bye bye power

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Illinois -55
    Maryland - 17

Maryland's first play from scrimmage was a 75 yard QB scramble for a TD. Shit was ridiculous. After that, I QB spied him the rest of the game, and my team just rolled. I brought in the bench the entire 4th quarter and my RS freshman QB was really good. 6-7 for about 140 yards. My Senior HB Myers had a solid game with close to a 100 yards on the ground, and my QB Day had an ok game with about 270 yards and 1 TD with 1 pick.

Defensively my secondary was great. They are young but really locked down Maryland's WR's and for the most part he held Maryland in check. Very happy with the overall performance against an A rated Maryland team.

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Mauling the Hapless
    Indiana rips apart Duke in a 49-7 season-opening victory.
    Duke scored on a bullshit play late in the 2nd quarter where i fell asleep trying to pick off a pass instead of just knocking it down... otherwise this is a through ass whooping.... Freeman went 16 of 24 for 304 and 4tds. Lee Taylor had 18 carries for 107 yards and a score... and my freshman Tony Mitchell had 4 carries for 74 yards and a score.. my other freshman Nate Sledge was the hammer scoring twice on goal line plunges... and finished with 11 carries for 40 yards...

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1

Northwestern - 39
    North Carolina State - 22

It's a new year and a new quarterback for the Northwestern Wildcats. Lance Broussard steps to the helm of the high flying offense looking to improve upon two difficult starts he made last year in relief. Against the Wolfpack, he was efficient moving the ball everywhere except the redzone, ending up 39-54 for 385 yards with 2 touchdowns and an interception. The offense stalled often in the endzone and ended up kicking 6 field goals. The defense added a score and Northwestern cruised out to a big lead through three quarters. The Wolfpack offense came alive in the last stanza, scoring 22 points. Luckily Northwestern kept pace with 17 of their own.

Justin Jackson had a monster game, catching 13 passes for 172 yards. Marquis Nicholson added 12 for 114 yards.

On the downside, Northwestern lost their best athlete for the second season in a row as HB/WR Dan Robinson breaks his ribs and will miss most of the season.

Week 2

Northwestern - 45
    Marshall - 7

Looking for someone to fill the shoes of Dan Robinson in the backfield, Northwestern moves PR/WR Mark Deluca to the back field. The offense really struggles to move the ball in the first quarter. Luckily the defense steps up and starts to force turnovers.

The momentum started to shift after Marquis Nicholson snags a short slant and takes it 90 yards to the house. The Marshall defense is determined to stop the pass and largely accomplished the feat, holding Northwestern to less than 210 yards in the air. However, they tried to use a 2 and 3 man rush and were eaten up by Jerry Whitworth, who after taking his first carry 56 yards ended up at tail back and carried 6 times for 137 yards and two scores. It marks the first time in Coach Mason has had a 100 yard rusher in the Air Raid.

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 1

SDSUSummary.png SDSUStats.png

San Diego State had a very good HB, that ran all over me in the first half. In the 2nd half we settled in a bit and were able to squeak out the victory.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Shit, I think I have SDSU.

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

NDPic.png
    Safety Jim Warren comes up with a big pick over the middle.

NDSummary.png NDStats.png

The students are celebrating in Palo Alto as Stanford comes up with their first win over Notre Dame in 5 years. The defense played outstanding, holding the normally explosive Notre Dame offense to only 17 points. The first TD came after they completed a 40 yard fake punt as the punter was hit(Video on the wire) on 4th and long that set up a TD. Our strategy in this game was clearly to keep the Notre Dame offense off the field, and we did a good job of that possessing the ball for nearly 2/3 of the game. Our young secondary played much better than expected as well, holding the Irish to less than 200 yards and 50% completions.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

That running back broke a crazy amount of tackles in the 1st half. I'm not sure if it was my defense playing poorly, or him just being that good. But it wasn't pretty for a while.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    How's the D?:)