Season 8 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    2019 Kansas State Wildcats
    Offense​
    QB: Going with the same setup as last season with Reed taking most of the snaps and Smith being in on option/trick plays. Reed saw his rating increase from 85 to 91 and while he has no business scrambling, he brings the true meaning to pocket passer as he brings 94 ThP and 94 ThA. #2 on the chart is Nate Smith whole bring 85 ThP, 88 ThA but is a true threat with his legs at 89 Speed and 84 Acceleration. While Smith isn't what you call blazing fast, he showed some potential last season and could surprise some foes who are used to KSU's normally stationary QB's. ​
    HB: Marcus Fuqua will probably take all of the handoffs this season as he improved to 95 overall, he has never been lightning fast like Perry was but with 98 accel, he will hit those gaps in a flash. His rushing skills are outstanding with 99 BTK, 86 TRK, 91 ELU, 94 BCV, 89 SFA, 99 SPM, 96 JKM, and 86 CAR. Kyle Wilson, behind him, has shown some good plays in the past but I can only see him coming in due to injury to Fuqua or to give him a rest. Either way, I see him as a valuable back. ​
    WR/TE: Make way for some new faces as we lost Williams, Hall and Dodds to graduation. Vandermeulen is the only familiar face and will be the star receiver for the 2019 season as he brings in 95 SPD, 94 ACC, 89 CAR, 87 CTH, 83 RTE and 77 JMP. Thornton is impressive but our slot receiver also has my eye as he is quite physical and brings 91 CAR, 79 CTH, 92 RTE, and 90 JMP. That Route Running and Jumping are going to give defenses a headache. Standout TE Doug Hunter enters his true SO year and is better than ever, last season he showed an ability to catch the ball and make huge plays, look for it again from him. ​
    O Line: The Wildcats O Line has been steadily improving the last few years with the majority of them rated in the 80s compared to just a couple seasons ago they were barely in the 70s. Our recruiting calls for several lineman so we'd better make the best of this talent. ​
    Defense​
    D Line: The DE's are made up of Donaldson and Ashley. Donaldson has been a force the past couple of seasons and now that he has 88 POW, 96 BSH, 90 PMV, 86 FMV, 91 PUR, and 91 PRC, he is going to be very tough to block, I expect a stellar season from this guy. On the other end, Ashley looks to be able to hold his own as he boasts some above average blocking shedding skills. He was selected over Gonzalez but the two are expected to split time. There are couple new faces in the center of our D Line and they are pretty good but I'm sure they'll need a couple weeks to be broken in. ​
    LB: I have a MLB playing LOLB this season due to his 86 SPD, 98 ACC, 88 BSH and better tackling abilities than the actual MLB so I felt it was only fair he be moved to the outside rather than sit on the bench with that kind of ability to get to the ball carrier. Our MLB is probably the biggest hole in this defense and that worries me a bit, his tackling is average and his speed is not that great, he better impress me or I might just move Robertson back to MLB. And, finally, on the right side we have Concepcion. This is his first year of starting and he also has quite the acceleration at 96 and good tackling abilities. So with a sub-par MLB, our OLB make up for it and hopefully they can pick up the slack if Jack can't keep up. ​
    DB: Wilson returns as the star CB and after recording 9 INT as a true FR I can only imagine he is going to continue his shutdown methods. We've got another youngster opposite him with FR Josh Dunlap, his skills are pretty good and for once we have a CB who looks to be able to press those receivers when necessary. KSU is loaded at the Safety position (both Free and Strong) as we have Perry Alexander starting the FS slot, he is fast and has some pretty good ball hawking skills. On the Strong side we have Jason Hill who has some good acceleration and boasts 90 pursuit, which is probably the best thing about him. ​
    Special Teams: Humphrey will be kicking and Clark will be punting. Returning kicks we will have Vandermeulen and Alexander. Returning punts will be Vandermeulen. ​
    Expectations​
    I am sick of 9-4/8-5 seasons. We had one good run a couple seasons ago but it feels like that never happened. It's time we got serious and made a run for that Big XII drought and bring a little respect to the Little Apple. I am looking for a 10 win season with my only losses coming out of conference. Hopefully I can taste my first BCS Bowl. ​

• Like Like x 1
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG]
    The 2019 Mustang Preview
    2018 in a nutshell:
    SMU had another 1 loss season (their 4th in a row) but this time the loss didn't come in the CCG so the Mustangs are once again Big XII champs.
    Offense:
    SMU will look very similar to last year on offense. Ryan Smith, now a 99 OVR, will once again lead the troops. If he can stay healthy this year, you can expect great things from this SR.
    SMU lost 2 SR HBs, but by midseason they were the #3 and #4 HBs. The top 2 guys return and they are ridonkulous backs. If they didn't share carries like they do, either one could win the Heisman. Jordy Reynolds brings a crazy powerful style with enough speed to run away from defenses for 98 yard runs while Darryl Estes has enough speed and quickness to make him the fastest guy on the field in almost every game.
    SMU played 4 FR WRs last year and they only lost 1 guy so their receiving corps will be improved. They're still very young, but very talented as well. You can expect SO Billy Daniels to be the most dangerous guy with his 96 SPD/97 ACC which allows him to run away from guys and his 6'5 height to allow him to go up and fight for passes. SR TE Stephen Ostrander is playing on Sundays this year, but SMU returns 3 very talented TEs. The gem of the group is JR Fred Little who is a beast standing 6'7, 280. Now that he's the #1 guy you can expect teams to have a difficult time covering him.
    SMU lost 3 starters on the O-line, but it is still one of the strengths of the team. It'll be anchored in the middle by C Tim Reed who is already a 99 OVR as a JR. With 99 run blocking you can expect him to be blowing open holes for Smith, Reynolds, Estes, and everyone else to run through.
    Defense:
    Even with 2 CBs entering the draft early SMU only lost 4 starters on their very solid defense. The D-line is the strength of the unit as all 3 guys are rated 92+ and their 2nd DT (used in nickle situations) is a 91. They'll be led by JR LE Jake Hartman who passed on the draft as he tries to set the SMU record for most career sacks (he's still 17 shy). With 97 PMV, 99 FMV, and 95 BSH you can expect him to be even more of a bitch to block than he was his first 2 seasons.
    All 4 starting LBs return including SR ROLB Matt Bass who is the only blue chip OLB signed by coach Jello during his tenure as SMU coach. Despite not signing any other good OLBs, this is one of the best LBing corps ever to step on an SMU football field.
    The secondary lost 3 starters but it is going to be very dangerous for opposing QBs. There are 2 new starting CBs, but they will be able to hold their own. SO SS Kenard Mack is the lone returning starter and he hopes to use his 97 SPD to improve upon his 4 INTs from last year. SO Anthony Burns will finally get his chance to start this year. Coach Jello really, really, really wanted to start him as a true FR last year, but he couldn't justify replacing the current starter (who ended up as a 1st team All Big XII last year). Well, Burns is clearly the guy this year and you can expect him to chase down any lobbed passes thrown in his general direction. Both safeties have 97+ SPD, 90+ ACC, 87+ TKL, 82+ HIT, 84+ PUR, 72+ CTH, and good cover skills.
    Prognosis:
    Following 4 straight 1 loss seasons, the obvious goal is to have a 0 loss season. Last year's season was very impressive as the Mustangs survived an astounding 7 USER games (the next closest team played 5 and the national champs only played 3) to walk away with 1 loss. This year will be very similar as they are slated for 6 more USER games plus a potential USER CCG. This year's squad is the best that coach Jello has ever had so he certainly has the tools available to him. The main goal remains the same, however, which is to win another Big XII title.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

• Like Like x 3
  5. jello1717

Out of curiosity, why do you have 6 QBs, 8 WRs, 5 FS, but only 3 OTs and 2 TEs?

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I fucked up. I saw that too :(

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

2019 Baylor Bears

Offense: This group is all about speed. The hope is that speed will allow the Bears to make some big plays in both the running and passing game. SO(RS) QB Tyler Simmons had all the abilities to be the next Nick Skinner, but for some reason he wasn’t able to have the success that made Skinner a two time National Champion and Heisman winner. This year he looks to perform up to his capabilities, and he will have some weapons around him to help. At HB JR(RS) Freddie Smith will start and he is a blazer with 97 speed, 99 acc, and 94 agility. He’s also got a few moves for the open field with 99 elusiveness, 94 spin, and 92 juke. He will be a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. At WR SR Will Cook is the team’s possession guy, but after that it’s more speed. WRs Vaughn, Carter, Brooks, Irons are 96, 94, 94, 92 rated respectively in speed. This should allow them to create some separation and also get behind a few defenses. TE Ernest Haumiller is another receiving threat standing 6’8” and a tough cover over the middle. The line is solid rated 84-91, but will have to break in 3 new starters.

Defense: Last year the LBs led the way, but this year the defensive line should be the best of the bunch. The DEs are stacked with pass rushers and there are three huge bodies at DT that will be tough to move and run against. The LB core will have a lot of new faces and will need to play above their abilities at times if Baylor wants to win some big games. SR Danny Walker will start on the outside, but at LOLB will be FR(RS) Daniel Landry. He has ability, but will need to learn on the job quickly. At MLB Matt Baker will lead the way, but like Landry will have to learn on the job as a first time starter. Hopefully this group can complement the D-line and be an effective front seven. In the secondary, the Bears have two outstanding CBs, but that’s about it. The early departure of an expected starter will force the coaching staff to start a true FR at SS and a FR(RS) at FS. The back half of the defense could get a little scary, but the Bears hope these guys won’t have to cover long with the pressure from the D-line.

Outlook: The Bears expect to repeat as Big XII North champs and get back to the conference championship game. A tough schedule awaits them, but if they play well, they can hold their own and win a lot of games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Virginia Cavaliers

Offense -- This unit returns Heisman winner QB Justin McFadden, who for some reason did not go pro. McFadden is a nightmare for opposing coaches, he is deadly accurate (99 tha) and blazingly fast (96 speed). Returning in the backfield is HB Brandon Reid, who is a load at 6'2 239. Reid has good speed (94) and outstanding acceleration (99). Once he runs over you (88 break tackle/87 truck), he's gone. The wide receivers are big and good, as the top three are 94, 90 and 90 overall. The unsung all star on this unit is tight end Jim Martindale, who is rated as a 97 overall, but is hardly used. A goal for the UVA coaches is to get Martindale more involved. The offensive line only returns 1 starter after a mass exodus went pro early last year. Don't worry, the starters are rated 93,92,88,85 and 83. They should be okay there.

Defense -- This unit took a big hit after last year as well, losing 7 starters. However, the young replacements are still very good and the unit is rated a 99 overall. The secondary is the strength, as 3 big play safeties patrol the field. Defensive end Keron Byron is a beast on the weak side, expect him to post double digit sack numbers with outstanding block shedding.

Outlook -- This is a squad that has been close, but finally got over the hump last season. Coach Barber is pushing his team hard for a repeat, but an incredibly difficult schedule will make things tough.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

2436.gif
    2019 Boston College Eagles
    Offense- "Powerspread" from last year (various I-form sets, lots of shotgun variations, Maryland Heavy I, and pistol) will be making improvements and cutting out stuff that has gone unused.
    QB- One of the few bright spots on the offense is the junior QB. Last year when Coach Kane took over the team they were 3-3 and the Boston Faithful were not happy with the current state of things. Since it had been deemed a rebuilding season I took a chance and sat the 85 ovr QB who had 1000+ yards and 9 TD's in 6 games. In his place I started the 82 ovr Sophomore backup who had better throw power and better accuracy in exchange for a little less mobility and alot less awareness. He ended the season with double the stats in less starts and had 2200+ yards and 18 TD's. He did lose just as many games as his predecessor but kept Boston in it againt some of the best teams in the country and almost led Boston to an upset of the #8 Terapins showing much more potential for where he was in his career. This year Im excited to see what he can do and I think hes rated an 86 ovr this year.
    RB- The senior RB this year is an 84 ovr and I have no idea where he came from honestly haha I think he was a postition change from some other postion when the computer did mine but hes a welcome upgrade over last years 79 ovr McIntire.
    FB- I have 2 FB's that contribute and were a big part of the Maryland Heavy I which was instrumental in the upset of Penn St. The first is Yancey 76 over 260 lb beast that leads then the 2nd behind him in the double FB formation is a quicker smaller 70 ovr whose still a good sized 240+ I think. They led the way to a hundred yard 1 TD day for the new RB and ran almost 4 minutes off of the clock in the end of the 4th quarter to seal the win.
    WR- 6 decent wideouts all over 72 ovr but no standouts (No joke they generally amass a total of 20 or more dropped balls per game)
    TE- The only positive is the 82 ovr 260 lb Sophomore TE. Theres another 80 ovr but hes a Senior and will be leaving along with the senior 3rd string TE 70 ovr.
    OL- The offensive line is not pretty well just leave it at that
    Defense- Much to my dismay we will be switching from our usual 3-4 to a 4-3. It'll be the first time Coach Kane has run a 4-3 in over 3 years but due to personel and a rebuilding of the Linebacking core it was a must. Probably will be running with a multiple D variation of 4-3 and mix in some 3-3-5 or dime 2-3-6. (Update) Switching to a 4-3 hybrid really went better than expected and even resulted in my C+ rated defense bumping up to a B- rating. I have to admit I was skeptical about the change because Ive been using 3-4 ever since Dom Capers came to Lambeau and my Packers made the switch and I didnt think it would go too good. But after how well my boys played against Penn St. they made me a believer.
    Usual 3-4 defense (C+ rating)
    The numbers are the player overalls and the stars are true freshman
    bc-d-changing-from.gif

New D after the change to 4-3 (B- rating)

bc-d.gif
    The problem was I was going to have to start 2 true freshman at linebacker if I stuck with my beloved 3-4, when I had 2 senior DT's sitting on the bench behind my starting nosetackle one a 76 ovr and the 3rd string is a 75 ovr both big boys almost 300 pounds. Despite promising the 72 ovr significant playtime I had to put the experienced beef in the middle and move Holycross the 79 ovr back out to his original spot at OLB dropping him down to a 78. He will be learning from the best as hes playing alongside Stud Junior MLB 80 ovr (cant think of his name) who led the ENTIRE conference last year with 96 tackles, 51 solo, 24 for a loss.
    The 72 ovr true freshman will still get plenty of playing time as hes the next best at all three LB positions and theres a significant drop after him. So not only is everybody happy, the senior talent and depth I was about to waste at DT bumped the defensive rating up a letter grade and I would have had hardly any depth at LB.
    Technically the true freshman Martinez 73 ovr is starting, but the majority of the time in most packages (3-3-5 or 2-3-6) Senior 3rd string (technically 4th string) CB Josh Smith 76 plays FS (and helped lead Boston to their upset over Penn St with 5 tackles and 2 huge interceptions).
    It also worked out well because I had two 76 ovr DE's on the right side but the better and quicker of the 2 was only about 240 lb's compared to his 275 pound competition so now he can start in most packages and is playing very well so far. My defensive backfield surprised me a great deal and brought me back.
    In the squads first true test this year Penn state was up 14-7 and about to score again to make it 21-7 before the half. The defense dug in and did me proud. Not only did they intercept the ball in the endzone and stop that drive they didnt allow them to score for the rest of the game. They also got more picks than I can remember allowing the offense to start with the ball at the opponents 30 yard line about 4 or 5 times putting up 31 points and sealing the upset win.
    Expectations- Still in a bit of a rebuilding phase but as with any team led by Coach Kane, Boston will be looking to be able to hang with most teams and maybe get a few upsets this year. Overall I feel like were going in a good direction and was proud of the way they handled Penn St.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Texas LongHorns Season Preview

[​IMG]

Offense: 89ovr

The offense will be led by RS Sophomore T. Ham. Ham is a decent QB ready to take his first snaps as a Texas QB. Hams strong point is his arm strength as he has 87thp. Ham is young and still learning the position, coach Rice is hoping not to put pressure on the RS Soph.

The backfield will be manned by HBs J. Brown (83ovr Soph), A. Medlock (81ovr Soph) and FB C. Elbert (83ovr Jr). Brown is a back with decent speed and the ability to break tackles, while Medlock is the change of pace back who is great in open space and looks to make an impact on special teams returning kicks. Both are young and eager to rack up yards.

The Receiving core is lead by Senior WR M Rice (89ovr) who looks to be the big play guy on the offense and help the young QB T. Ham progress. Freshman TE E.J. Peterson (73ovr) is expected to step in immediately and make an impact on the offense.

The offensive line will be led by Senior C A. Thompson (94ovr). This is a solid group and will be counted upon to open up holes for Brown and Medlock and provide protection for Ham in the passing game.

Offensively, Texas is very young and inexperienced in key positions. The offense will not be relied upon to carry the team as coach Rice is still adjusting his gameplan to the players as he works on bringing his recruits in.

Defense: 87ovr

The Defense will be led by Sr LE J. Quinn (96ovr). Switching over to the 3-4 shouldnt be a problem for Quinn as he has the perfect body at 6-2 262 for the position. Quinn will be expected to wreck havoc on opposing teams rush attacks while also providing up-field pressure in the passing game.

The LB core will be the key in the success of the Defense. Running a 3-4 and starting 4 Sophomore LBs will indeed be a challenge for coach Rice, but it will be no doubt that this young core will be a force in the years to come. The most physically freakish of the LBs is LOLB W. Jones. At 6-7 235 and 92acc he will be counted on to provide pressure on the QB and hopefully learn to play coverage on passing downs.

The Secondary will be led by SRs FS K. Heard (87ovr) and SS W. Bell (84ovr). They will be counted on to anchor the secondary and make plays in Coverage and the run game in this aggressive 3-4 defense.

Defensively, Texas is expected to struggle as the players learn a new defense. starting 4 sophomore LBs will surely show this season, but hopefully it will payoff in the long run.

Season outlook: If WR Rice and the two Soph HBs can make enough plays on offense, Texas can look to be competitive throughout the season. The defense is very young and some players are playing positions that they are not accustomed to, so look for the defense to lag behind and hopfully get up to full gear near seasons end.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jello1717

One of the stats that I always take the most pride in is the fact that I almost NEVER have anyone in the top 10 Big XII tacklers and I've had seasons where I don't have anyone in the top 25. This isn't because my guys suck and don't know how to tackle or anything like that. It's because my team defense is usually so good that they force quick punts and aren't on the field long enough to make a lot of tackles. After all, the best defense is always that one sitting on the bench.

12. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

The computer was controlling for the first 6 games or whatever but I was still proud of dude. 96 tackles is pretty beasty for a meagre 80 ovr but I see what your saying