Season 8 Week 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, May 5, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Saw we were advanced. I'll let fuzzy do the whole deadline stuff.

=============== #19 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 42-38 against Boston College (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.

=============== Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 17-14 against Virginia Tech (0-2).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Annapolis to face the Navy Midshipmen (1-1).

=============== #12 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 28-10 against Washington State (0-3).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Indiana (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Skyler Reid has committed to Michigan

=============== #8 Michigan State Spartans (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 56-7 against Kentucky (1-1).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Madison to face the Wisconsin Badgers (2-0).

=============== #9 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 38-31 against Wake Forest (1-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (1-1).

=============== #11 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Stan White has committed to Florida

=============== #15 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Rutgers lost 34-31 against Arizona (1-1).
    This week, the Scarlet Knights are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Stan White has committed to Florida
    - (***) HB Matt Rucker has committed to Rutgers

=============== #18 Syracuse Orange (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Syracuse won 52-37 against TCU (1-1).
    This week, the Orange travel to Buffalo to face the Buffalo Bulls (1-0).

=============== Arizona Wildcats (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 34-31 against Rutgers (2-1).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.

=============== Washington Huskies (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 26-20 against Western Kentucky (1-0).
    This week, the Huskies will host Oregon State (2-0).

=============== Washington State Cougars (0-3) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 28-10 against Michigan (1-0).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Pasadena to face the #7 UCLA Bruins (2-0).
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011
    Wow looks like I get a tune up game against Buffalo. Might be a great opportunity to get my second teamers some playing experience after half time i hope. Looks like no user games this week either. I'll have mine in by the end of the night and ready to advance asap!
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Dec 30, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Huskies Fire OC
    AP-Seattle, WA

After a dissapointing loss, Husky coach made a move that many fans have been calling for and fired his offensive coordinator after a shocking loss to Western Kentucky. "Well it's tough to fire people, but it's the business we are in" said coach broth during his mid week press conference. "He was here since the beginning, and I was amazed we could keep the same staff after the sucess we had, but it seemed offensively we couldn't keep going what we had initially. I take part of the blame, as is always the case with a head coach, but I think this will work out for both parties involved."

This move was an unsurprising one as the Washington fanbase has slowly soured on coach broth's tenure. Starting out with a National Title in his first year set a very high standard for the program but after back to back bow losses and a record that has gotten worse every year, the fanbase is growing concerned. This season which looked to be a young team but with promise, got demolished at home 41-17 in a game that was less close then the score and then suffered a defeat at home against Western Kentucky. The offense hasn't been there, and a change was necessary.

When asked what his new offense would look like, coach broth responded with, "Well we called around the league at potential hires, and an old friend of mine who was the current QB's coach at Oklahoma State agreed to take over as OC. So expect our offense to look much different." When asked just how different the offense would be and how much of a learning curve he expected coach broth responded with, "Well it's gonna be alot more pass heavy and alot more exciting. As for the learning curve, well it's gonna be tough for these guys to learn a new system, but they are young and haven't been studying the current system, so I expect a few hiccups early on but come the end of the season, expect to see some big things from this team."
  4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011
    wow that is completely out of left field. I haven't kept up with your season but i did know you had a few losses and weren't returning a lot of talent this year. Shocking loss to western kentucky definitely warrants a change though.