Season 8: Year of the Mega Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 25, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This is a proposed idea to keep content and conversation flowing in the OD. To ensure everyone is posting and their posts are being read I thought it would be easier if we just put everything in one giant blog.

Their will be a standard edited into this post shortly but for now its just going to broken down by weeks. The standard won't be anything more of what type of posts we're looking for. Nothing too differently than what is done now. Just posting it up so nobody can hit the 'I don't know' button:). Preaseason will REQUIRE everyone to post a team preview. It will also require guys posting up the normal preseason awards. Other than that its just expected you post 'content' every other advance. Conversation throughout the entire blog is a must as well but thats kind of known here in Chaos since we talk alot.

If you post your content (including game summaries) on time then your :5stars: recruit limit will be pushed out to 5 for the next season. Failure to keep up and we'll just suspend players and those players will probably be your impact players. If you have time to play a 40 minute game and can't use another 20 minutes for a summary and content then you are too busy for video games and should be focusing on life.

Any nay-sayers to this? Its basically what we've been doing in one happy spot. And another thing... where the fvck is @ticketp1?! I think he went to a donkey show in Mexico and became apart of the act:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Proposed Standard For Blog
    Preaseason
    - Team Previews
    - Conference Predictions, Awards, Heisman hopefuls, Polls
    Week 1 - Week 15
    - Game Previews, including predictions
    - Post Game Analysis
    - Conference Standings, including upcoming big conference games
    - Players of the Week, including season stats from that player
    - Conference Recruiting Classes
    - Bowl Predictions
    - Stat Leaders
    Conference Championship Week
    - Post Conference Champion with record
    Bowl Season
    - Nothing. Focus on Highlights and Google Doc.

I was thinking about assigning specific things to be posted during specific weeks. That may be too much though. Drop any comments below.

3. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

i like this way better especially because it gets us all involved in one place where we can feed off of each other.

that was the thing i hated about my blog-- it seemed like i was jus posting crap with no response or help from my big east counterpart.

the only thing i dont like is the 5 star increase. this kind thing should be expected not necessarily rewarded. plus most of our rosters are too good as is. i personally dont like seeing teams with 7+ 99 overall players. i think 2-3 is more realistic. And with the way that 6 star programs get ratings increases in the offseason, even some of our 4 star players end up as 99 overalls. i really jus want more of a fight from the cpu and taking more of the better recruits wont help that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Good call... thats kind of the response I was hoping for:)

5. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

If anything, lets lower the 5* count. I don't know what it sits at now, but previously, only 1-2 5* went to cpu teams.