Season 9 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by theSANDMAN215, Dec 22, 2011.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Post it.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nothing to post yet unfortunately - no instant commits.

Only 12 scholarships to give out in a year where I need like 20 with the amount of talent that seems to be out there.

Oregon State should end up with the top class based on what I've seen from the top recruits. Going to be an interesting year for Ohio State, I can tell you that much.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    17944261229.jpg

The PS#2 QB gave us a verbal this week. He has a fantastic speed and a decent arm. Jax makes good moves in the open field but sometimes can force balls. We like what he can bring the table and plan to incorporate his athleticism into our offense in a year or two.

17944286066.jpg

The #1 player in the country and the PS#1 WR. Not the most flashy recruit we've ever landed but he should be very solid. He has great hands and can make the tough, clutch catch when needed.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That receiver is nice. Going to do a little bit of Chip Kelly with that QB?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If you remember my offense at a&m with Kris Hughes, it might be a variation of that. Hughes was much more talented though.

6. Keller

Two very good pickups for the other OSU. Without question Oregon State will end up with a better class now, not that it was really up for grabs before.

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, that receiver is solid.. I hate that I have to play all of these damn monster's at WR every year. I think that guy you picked up last year was better as a 4 star though at a glance.

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Tony Cooper.png

The first O-Lineman of the class. With both of our starting guards graduating, he could make a push for playing time on the left side as a freshman.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Nice grab

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Antoine Smith.png

Lineman #2 of the class. Smith could also earn a starting spot as a freshman with LT Nick Ncholas graduating this spring and not a lot of depth behind him.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Landed the above PS#2 OLB by the name of Stephen Jones out of CA gave his verbal to the Beavers yesterday. He is a tremendous prospect with great athleticism (A- Acceleration). He can do everything you ask and very well could be the best LB prospect in this class.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Bryan Gaddis.png Todd Hairston.png

Hairston is an absolute stud athlete for a MLB. 6'2 243 with B- Speed and Accel, and B+ Agility. Gaddis will finally give us an elite receiver to help our QBs out. This recruiting class is shaping up pretty well so far. A lot of these guys could make an impact as freshman or sophomores.

13. Keller

Dude is a freak. B+ Agility? That's BEAST.

14. Keller

Biggest news?

Ohio State is having a hard time nailing down commits. I blame Christmas.

My guess is its a combination of the talent thats already here and the unavailability of open starting roles coupled with the Christmas effect, the fact that whoever has the opportunity is likely neg recruiting me and most importantly the continued success at the other OSU. Oregon State is ROLLIN right now, just warning everyone in case they hadn't noticed. Granted, they got decked with transfers but they aren't having any trouble replacing those guys as far as I can tell.

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Last week Illinois landed a big time commit in WR Billy Adams a :5stsrs: player out of Illinois that looks to be a big time playmaker for our WR corps.

Made a big push for one of my top targets at MLB that I have been battling Iowa for and hopefully he commits this week. Will be a big time get if I can get him.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think it has more to do that the playing field is starting to level. I still can't negative recruit you (and I doubt your conference foes can either), but I'm probably putting up close to as many points as you are. Hell, even Northwestern and Indiana are making moves to grab some studs.

17. Keller

I agree to a certain extent but there are guys that no one else is involved in (to my knowledge at least, lol) that I can't seem to nail down.

Its just one of those years - there's still plenty of talent out there though. Not every year can be like the last 2. I've got my work cut out for me this season.

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I can't think of a topic that I can negative recruit OSU on.

I was hoping to land an OT, but wisky got a x2 on him the same week I got my visit. Just bad luck.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Based on sheer numbers and availability I doubt anyone can afford to negative recruit you on guys that other users aren't involved in. Not saying that will be true in the coming weeks, but as for right now that's my guess.

20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    So now we finally see how good a recruiter Keller is..

21. Keller

Its well known that I don't do anything special. I'm pretty average if not below average.

22. Keller

[​IMG]

Finally a recruit - a very good player but not a good start for the Ohio State program. I have all but lost out on my top 3 targets, all very good players. One of them is heading to Oregon State and will shit on people for years to come - not looking forward to that.

My #4, 5, 7, 8, 9 targets all should be Buckeyes only one or two are really the type of game changers I was really searching for. Not complaining, just stating what I already said - that this year is going to be a down year recruiting wise, for me at least.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully I can close with that HB this week. I always seem to get pooped on and the game hands someone an X2 or something in the cases where I really need a player. He stands a good chance at starting or at a very minimum getting a good bulk of carries as a true frosh.

The biggest move I need to make is on that DE from Texas. I originally joined the race to make sure he didn't go to Ohio State and now I'm on the edge of striking distance. I still think he ends up being a Longhorn.

I've been able to maintain or gain the lead on the other top targets I have. Then, as the season goes on, I'll have to access the performance of my draft eligible juniors and figure out if I need to go get some additional recruits.

24. Keller

Both that DE and HB have been near or at the top of my board all season - its going to suck watching them sign with other teams. I'm hoping I can grab that DE, I had a great week with him but I've pretty much written off that HB as a Beaver.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    what did I say? Sure as shit Lawdog grabs an X2 on that HB... FUCK.