Season 9 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dakota7, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Post em up.

2. dakota7

Michigan State 10
    Florida State 20

It is hard to win football games when you turn the ball over, but when you turn it over 5 times its damn near impossible. The Spartans lost 4 fumbles in the game and QB Nick Brunner threw one pick during the attempted 4th quarter comeback. Sluggish game from the Seminoles, who managed only 9 first downs in the game. The Spartans have an excellent group of linebackers and they were all over the field. The Seminole defense was the real story in this one. Containing all-E QB Nick Brunner was priority number 1 in this game. Brunner threw for 270 yards and 1 td, but was held to a -4 yards rushing. Offensively, the Noles were led by QB Jameel Huffman who threw for 203 yards on 10/14 passing with 1 td and 1 int. Next up is a trip to Alabama.

Good game JC.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Those fumbles were unbelievably frustrating. I actually made a change in the depth chart before the game and went with the HB that had the best carrying rating to avoid losing the ball....didn't matter.

I could have come back I think, but your secondary is unbelievable. I never had a WR open, especially my #1 and #2 guys.

4. dakota7

I couldn't believe the fumbles. It's one thing if I was using the hit stick or users strip, but I never do either of those.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I wasn't fighting for extra yards either, except for the one 3rd and long where my receiver fumbled as he crossed the 1st down marker.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

BULLDOGS OPEN WITH A ROAD WIN

UGA 24
    UVA 7

The Virginia Cavilers played host to the #13 Georgia Bulldogs on a rainy afternoon in Charlottesville VA. GA returns a veteran team for the 2018 campaign and hopes to make a run for a BCS berth. The game was a defensive struggle as both teams stuffed the run and pressured the QB. The Bulldogs drove deep into the Cavs territory on its opening drive, but coughed it up on the 5. “That was a moral buster right there, we made them punt on their opening drive and was going in for the score. We could have taken the crowd out right there.” Coach Edge. The Bulldogs D came up big again and forced a punt and the special teams turned in a gem. The Cavs punt returner attempted to field the punt and fumbled the ball deep. GA tuned the TO into 7 and tacked on a FG before the half. The second half was more of the same hard nose D and field position. The one big play in the third pretty much put the game out of reach when QB Stanley Johnson hit TE Peter Morrow over the middle for a 43 TD pass. GA tacked on another score in the 4th and UVA punched it in on the last play of the game to avoid the shutout. The Bulldogs offense had a great day on the ground to match the passing game. RB Bryan Carter had 106yds and 1td on 24cars, but they were hard yards for the returning Doak Walker recipient. Next week GA welcomes the Cincinnati Bearcats before they open up SEC play.

UGA.jpg

PLAYERS OF THE GAME
    TE Peter Morrow 5rec for 83yrds and 2tds
    RE Derek Jackson 5tkl 3tkl for loss 2 sacks

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@edge7771
    GG man...sorry for the long pause there in the 3rd quarter. Had to bring the groceries for the wife :)

Wasnt ready for the 4-2-5 defense you had thats for sure. Been awhile since I've played against it. Finally muster some points there in the end but I couldnt run a lick against your defense and it seemed my o-line decided to give me zero time to pass. Good luck in the SEC this season!

8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Hey no problem my little girl likes to run and pick the other control and act like she's playin. Game could've went either way in the 1st we both had some tough breaks. Can someone tell me in user games why you don't get to challenge calls? Good luck to you to.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

There are supposed to be no missed calls in online games, so there is no need for a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

11. dakota7

Florida State 35
    Bama 7

The Noles pounded out a big road win, led by an overpowering ground attack. The Noles rushed for 266 yards as a team, led by soph Gerry Alexander who went for 150 and 2 tds. Soph Jimmy Hoffman added 115 and 1 td. QB Jameel Huffman completed 8/9 for 165 and 2 tds. The Seminole defense was bend but don't break, as they repeatedly shut down Bama's offense as soon as it got to midfield. Bama was led on offense by HB Andrew Bowser, who rushed 20 times for 96 and their only td.

Good game masler. Thanks for squeezing that one in.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

GG, as you can tell my O line is horrid.

13. dakota7

Yeah, they really limit you offensively. I thought they did pretty good run blocking, better than I expected. But their pass blocking doesn't allow you to throw the ball down field. On the bright side, you did a great job getting the ball out fast, all be it short passes.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea I wanted to get some more medium ranged passes but I just didn't have the time. With the way you run the ball I would expect you to win it all this year with Gators on auto.

15. dakota7

I appreciate that, but I still have a tough schedule, not the least of which is at least 3 more user games. Not to mention I've got Clemson, who I've only beaten twice in 7 tries.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well you're my new favorite. Keep pounding the rock

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Sorry I have been busy with the damn garage sale. I'll get the summary of mine n tex's game in tonight

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Buckeyes Improve to 1-0

Columbus is buzzing following a 38-17 win over LSU!

Capture.PNG

OSU came into this game with a bend don't break attitude, as they were able to hold the LSU offense to under 300 yards. It was a tight game going into the 4th as both sides played mistake free football. In the 4th though that would change as LSU would make some costly turnovers that would allow the buckeyes to go on a 28-0 run and seal the win

SO RB Anthony Davis ran the ball 21 times for 145yds and 1 TD
    rSO QB Isaiah Barnes went 16 of 22 for 248yds and 4tds

Good game tex, your passing game was tough to stop in the first half. That RB is a beast as he broke a lot of tackles, but running out of the spread is tough.

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

@Big Suge Knight
    I saw this on the dynasty wire:

[​IMG]

I'm VERY curious how this happened. I've never been able to get the CPU QBs to be able to run against me and I'd like to know how ND's QB was able to do that. Granted, most of his yards came from 1 run, but he still had 3 TDs as well.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Lol he was drunk

21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I had a few and when you add the 13 hours I worked it was pretty bad. Good news is being a little intoxicated made the cheesy ass ND hurry up offense not sting so bad. The Qb went Jim Brown on the three TDs, breaking tackles and outrunning my entire defense.

22. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Georgia Tech 31
    UNC 21

Georgia Tech struck early with big plays and did not look back against UNC. William King intercepted a Tar Heel pass and took it fifty yards for the score to open the game. Then on Georgia Tech's first drive the Will Greene caught a 48 yard TD pass from Brent Edwards making the score 14-0. Then after a Tar Heel score, Edwards threw a screen pass to Calvin Watson who ran it for a 17 yard TD pass. The Tar Heels though would not go away as they scored again, but the Yellow Jackets scored again on a 3 yard TD pass from Edwards to Greene. In the second half the Yellow Jackets would extend the lead to 17 on a field goal and cruise from there.

23. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

GEROIGA OVER COMES 4 INT’S FOR THE WIN

UGA 31
    CINN 13

UGA played host to the #16 Cincinnati Bearcats for an SEC Big East battle. This would be a good test for the GA defense with the high flying no huddle spread passing game the Bearcats deploy. And as advertised the Bearcats had no problem driving right down the field to get within scoring range on its first drive. UGA was able to hold the Bearcats to a FG which turned out to be a bend but don’t break D throughout the game. On UGA’s first possession a theme started to take place, which GA wasn’t prepared for. “Ya we didn’t see anything on tape that made us think there defense was that stout. They seemed to be in all passing and running lanes and made things very difficult for us to get going.” Coach Edge. What coach was referring to was the first of four picks thrown by QB Stanley Johnson. The GA defense was able to return the favor and give the ball back to the offense who would capitalize on a 26yrd TD pass to TE Peter Morrow. For the most part it was a sloppy game on both sides, which GA wasn’t able to put away until late 3rd quarter. Once again Bryan Carter had a tough go at in the first half, but found some running room in the second half. The Bearcats D was almost out of this world really shutting down the GA offense when it needed to. Thanks to some timely catches by TE Peter Morrow the GA offense was able to loosen up the D for some running lanes. GA opens up SEC play next week as it travels to South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks.

UGA.jpg

PLAYERS OF THE GAME
    Cedric Yates 117yrds 1td 3recs
    Patrick Porter 3tkls 2ints

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Narrow Escape

Buckeyes survive a thrilling 23-20 game against Clemson!

Capture.PNG

It was a pretty close game throughout it's entirety, but at the end OSU came through with a W. The game winning FG was setup by a 15yd facemasking penalty with 8 seconds left on the clock, putting the OSU in a prime position to make the kick. All was not over...

On the ensuing KO, OSU decided to squib and almost came up with the ball as it would bounce around for a good 5 seconds. Clemson would come up with the ball and after one broken tackle seemed to be in the clear to take it to the house for the win, but the Clemson player couldn't control their footing and stepped out of bounds as time expired giving OSU the win.

Player of the Game
    OSU RB Anthony Davis 25 carries for 162yds

GG Bill, I could only have imagined how pissed you were as I saw you went straight to the dashboard. I would have been too. If you would have stayed in bounds you would have pulled one of the greatest usergame wins I have ever seen.

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU 35
    UVA 14

Virginia came out unrattled by the MSU hooplah surrounding one of the Big Ten's best and looked to control the game with their studly HB Lee Jolly. Offensively, they accomplished that task for a half of football. Their defense, after allowing two quick MSU scores lead by Brunner, became stout as well. The score was deadlocked at half 14-14.

The 2nd half was a different story. UVA started with the ball and took their first lead of the game with a FG to go up 17-14. MSU would answer back quickly though with a TD run from Brunner after a long completion to WR JB Mack and put MSU back on top 21-17. UVA and Jolly began driving again, but as they entered the red zone their QB fumbled the ball on a scramble and lost possession to the Spartans. MSU took advantage and scored again to increase its lead to 28-17. MSU would score once more on a long run by Clay Martindale, to ice the game.

Virginia outplayed me in the game, but the talent difference made up for it. I lose this one if the teams are even.

GG Recchem