Season 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Season 9 Scores

GTech: 34
    Air Force: 0

This game was all about the defense. As as team, we had 6 sacks, 3 interceptions, and a fumble returned for a TD. The offense played well but was stalled a few times by interceptions. I need to learn to take the sack instead of rushing the throw.

Passing:
    S. Edwards - 18/33, 223 yds, 2 td, 3 int

Rushing:
    C. McCauley - 18 att, 113 yds, 1 td

Receiving:
    C. Greene - 6 rec, 86 yds
    C. Coe - 5 rec, 56 yds, 1 td
    T. Mays - 3 rec, 36 yds, 1 td

Defensive:
    S. Williams - 7 tack, 4 tfl, 3 sack
    M. Gardner - 10 tack, 2 tfl, 2 sack
    C. Townes - 4 tack, 3 int
    C. Andrews - 4 tack, 1 fr, 1 td

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

vt: 52
    ball state: 0

had my first shutout in this game.

Switched QBs about halfway through, and I think it was for the best.
    NAME(YR) Rating COMP ATT YARDS TD INT
    Matt Burks(r-JR) 179.5 6 10 103 1 0

NAME(YR) ATT YARDS TD
    Bobby Garrison(r-JR) 25 103 2

NAME(YR) REC YARDS TD
    Adam Roberts(r-SR) 8 95 1

NAME(YR) TACK TFL SACK INT
    Ryan McCormick(r-SR) 10 5 0 1

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #3 Florida State - 38
    Arizona - 7

Florida State came out gunning, but didn't really get going until the second half. T.J. Brooks throws for 350+ 4 TD 1 INT, but it takes over 50 throws. Some growing pains were expected as new receivers move up the depth chart.

The defense on the other hand played lights out. The only score given up was on a very short field on an interception. The rest of the game, the FSU defense was all over the field, racking up 8 sacks and 3 interceptions. Senior OLB Jason Parker had 13 tackles and 2 sacks on the day. Arizona's load bright spot was a workhorse HB who had 97 yards on 30+ carries.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#1 Oregon 63
    Ole Miss 0

All I an say is WOW, the weapons on this team are unreal. The ducks pounded out 475 yards on the ground with ease. When you add that with freaks like TE Steven Smith who at 6'4" 270 can make plays like this to keep the D honest, you have something special...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_W1Cm3lDP0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_W1Cm3lDP0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: Missouri @ Maryland

Missouri: 48
    Maryland: 28

We kept Maryland in this game by throwing 5 INTs, but the defense stepped up when they needed to.

All-American QB Chris Tolbert went 16 for 31 with 4 TDs, but threw 5 INTs. His best throw as was this:

[YOUTUBE]KtxVAyV7vko[/YOUTUBE]

SR WR Joe Branch seems ready to step up & lead this team as he had 5 catches & 3 TDs.

The defense played well. No sacks this game, but we came away with 4 INTs & 1 fumble recovery.

The DLINE has to improve as we hardly got any pressure on Maryland's QB

Next week, we host Boston College.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Georgia 56
    miss st 21

a clear example where when your debating sleep or playing your game you should pick sleep. Collins played well except for the 4 bad ints on my part. Mcfadden had a nice debut grabbing 7rec for 130+ and 3 td's.

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Looks like BBJ found the new love of his life, to replace Haynes. Should just give him the next 3 Heismans...

8. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

still tryin to figure out how he stole Keller's.... 48 tds 8 ints 70 completion percentage and waaay over 4000 yards.... for a 1 loss team...

[​IMG]

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

#4 Virginia 35
    #10 USC 31

not exactly sure how i won this...... Flo dominated the game, created turnovers when nessecary generally controlled the flow of the game...... down 17-7 at the half..... Coach Rawlins goes to the freshman..... Austin Lloyd who proceeds to go 20 for 25 for 244 yards threw two early picks in the second one which the Trojans scored on and really put the Wahoos behind the 8 ball, but Lloyd and Jason Brown brought the Wahoos back......Cole crushed a trojan HB on the next USC possession which forced a fumble but Lloyd threw another pick in the end zone..... the Wahoo defense really came to play in the second half and essentially won the game for the Wahoos....... Brown had 140 from scrimmage and 3 tds..... JUCO Tanrad Johnson had 7 grabs in his first game......

11. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

No comment..........

12. theSANDMAN215

vt: 52
    ohio state: 24

Their offense was tough to stop. My QB played solid. I was trying to pass more to open up the offense as I have gone to a new playbook this season. Running game was solid, had a few times where I thought I was going to break a big one, but just could not do it.

Matt Burks(r-JR) 171 17 30 275 4 1

NAME(YR) ATT YARDS TD
    Bobby Garrison(r-JR) 21 104 1

NAME(YR) REC YARDS TD
    Adam Roberts(r-SR) 8 110 0

Bret Rice(r-JR) 6 1 0 1

SEASON TOTALS
    Matt Burks(r-JR) 173.1 23 40 378 5 1

NAME(YR) ATT YARDS TD
    Bobby Garrison(r-JR) 46 207 3

NAME(YR) REC YARDS TD
    Adam Roberts(r-SR) 16 205 1

Ryan McCormick(r-SR) 15 7 0 1

13. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 2 vs Georgia

Georgia 21 - USC 24

Don't know exactly how I won, especially after I was in no state of mind to play this game..... thanks to JR and that heartbreak loss. Won in overtime.

14. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Damn, 2 weeks in and Flo is battle tested.

15. Bondzai

Auburn: 34
    Georgia Tech: 31

It's a good thing I'm going on vacation because I'm this close to giving up on this game. I had 6 turnovers in this game. My QB threw 4 INTs (one was a lame duck and the other one the DB turned into the flash to jump in front of the wide open wide receiver). I also had 2 fumbles. The first one was just ridiulous, I scrambled with my QB and wanted to slide so I don't get injured. So I press X and he dives forward and fumbles the ball without getting touched. This was in the red zone. The other fumble was after my HB ran about 15 yards and decided to let it slip out of his hands. I don't think I've ever been this frustrated after a game before.

Passing:
    S. Edwards - 11/30, 179 yds, 1 td, 4 int

Rushing:
    C. McCauley - 24 att, 78 yds, 1 fumble
    S. Edwards - 6 att, 17 yds, 1 fumble

Receiving:
    C. Greene - 3 rec, 106 yds
    A. Stevenson - 2 rec, 40 yds

Defensive:
    B. Chase - 3 tack, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 td
    D. Washington - 5 tack, 2 tfl, 1 fr, 1 td

Kick Returns:
    C. Townes - 3 kr, 125 yds, 1 td

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    FSU 28, Texas A&M 31

Florida state leads at half time thanks to some unbelievable grabs by a couple of WRs to give them some timely touchdowns. The Aggie skill players (aside from Hughes) were bound and determined to keep it interesting. Five different skill position players had fumbles and three of which were in the redzone; destroying a few chances to put points on the board.

The Aggie defense woke up towards the end of the game, getting pressure on FSU QB TJ Brooks and forcing a couple turnovers.

GG Shaun and good luck the rest of the season.

17. theSANDMAN215

i just got in, are we advancing tonight? Just wondering incase Bogey and I are going to play tonight or just wait till tomorrow.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    GG to you also. If I didn't throw 3 picks and turn into a big vagina on my last drive it would have been a different game.:)

19. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

UCLA won both games against PSU and Rutgers in its march through the Northeast. Rutgers defense was actually salty, and caused me to bench Harvey Jones and Bring in Dustin Kramer who proceeded to through 3 TD's and 300 yards in about 2 quarters.

We may be going to a two QB system because the Senior just isn't getting the job done right now. We will have to see how it goes, but we have a QB controversy in L.A. right now.

20. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#1 Oregon 28
    #5 Va Tech 27

Got pushed around a little bit in this one, and was very fortunate to go into Va Tech for the second year in a row and escape with the W. Tech had the ball for seriously the entire second quarter, they had a long drove that I picked on the 10 yard line just to return it to the other 15 to fumble and they proceeded to have another long drive. Tech was bringing serious heat from the outside and also flying though the line if I tried to run up the middle, but they were giving me the flats, especially with my TE who I hit for a 3 yard TD pass on 3rd and goal with 6 seconds left for the victory. Good game Sanders, good luck on your SEC run.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #7 Florida State - 51
    Connecticut - 17

While this game looks like a blow out, it was 24-17 going into the fourth quarter. The UConn offense was very effective in the first half, out gaining FSU through the air AND on the ground. In the first half, T.J. Brooks was an ineffective 50% passing with 1 TD and 1 INT . Once the second half started the story was different. Brooks started moving the ball, throwing a TD in the 3rd to take a 24-17 lead. The FSU defense forced two turnovers in the third, then two more in the fourth. In the fourth quarter, Brooks showed his skill throwing for 3 touchdown passes enroute to a 28 point fourth quarter.

Brooks ended up with just shy of 500 yards passing, 5 touchdowns and 1 interception. On defense senior OLB Jason Parker continued a solid season, with 14 tackles and two sacks, giving him 5 on the year.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Georgia 31
    Georgia tech 30

I almost quit...no not the game, but the league. This game was that much Bullshit. I have never seen such a Super Cpu. The pass rush was their in seconds. Corners covering my WR like Deion in his prime. When my Wr did get open yeah thats right Drop....running the ball forget. lb would run just enough away so his assigned blocker would go block someone else and then boom. I intercept a screen pass boom roughing the passer. I had 3-4 roughing the passer penalty to extend drives to go along with a face mask. Mcfadden Made a awesome catch on the sideline ruled a catch then booth challenge where it shows not 1, but 2 feet in bounds ruling reversed.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The first half of my game was like that too...I thought the sliders changed, haha.

24. Bondzai

Maybe the CPU should play all my games. :)

25. theSANDMAN215

south carolina: 14
    VT: 27