Season 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jkhaalis991, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: FSU @ ASU

[​IMG]
    FSU DOMINATES ASU, WINNING 42-10.
    The 1st game under Coach Khaallis turned out to be great as FSU controlled the game the whole way.
    Led by a running attack that put up over 200 yds & 3 TDs(111 yds & 1 TD for RS JR HB P.J. Thornton & 85 yds & 2 TDs for RS SR HB Mike Cooke).
    RS SR QB Matt Edwards had a good game completing 13 of 26 passes for 284 yards & 1 TD. He was hurt in the 3rd quarter with bruised elbow, but with the game in hand by then he didn't see the field in the 4th.
    The defense played great coming up with 4 sacks & a pick 6. Led by impact RS JR MLB Zevin Ziegler who had 10 tackles & 1 sack. RS FR CB Cory Monroe had a good game with 5 tackles, a fumble recovery with the TD on special teams & a sack. He is the 4th on the depth chart, but looks like he can get more PT if he keeps playing the way he is now.
    Next week, FSU plays host to #20 Boise State.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

FIRST GAME JITTERS
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets snuck out of College Station with a 7 point win.

[​IMG]
    Senior Running Back Travis James shines with 27 carries for 177 yards and 4 TD's in the win.
    GEORGIA TECH: 31
    TEXAS AM: 24
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1-0 (0-0) jumped out to a quick lead but let the Aggies back into the game but held them off just before they could come back. RSSO Mark Merriman got the nod in his first start as a Yellow Jacket and had tons of touble. He threw 5 interceptions, overthrowing receivers and letting the TAMU D line knock down his passes. After settling in he finished the day with 266 yards passing. Senior WR Casey Stegall had an exceptional day catching 11 balls for 135 yards but the story of the game was Travis James who took over the reigns at RB and performed well, carrying the ball 27 times for 177 yards with 4 TD's.​
    The Georgia Tech defense was very rusty but managed to hold off the aggies forcing 3 interceptions and sacking Aggie QB Tyrone Thorne 4 times. MLB Brandon Jackson led the defense with 6 tackles while DT James Scott had 5 tackles with 2 sacks.​
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1-0 (0-0) will continue their 4 game road streak as they open ACC play against the North Carolina Tarheels.​

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Oregon: 7
    #18 South Carolina: 58

They had 5 turnovers (4 fumbles) in the first half and never stood a chance. The only TD they had was on a fumble with about 1 minute left in the game.

That was the best defensive game I've played at South Carolina. Oregon only had 163 total yards of offense, along with 7 turnovers. On the ground, we only allowed 33 yards.

Passing: Eric Jackson (rs-JR): 13/19/180, 2 TDs, 1 INT
    Rushing: Damon Webb (rs-SR): 26-100, 2 TDs
    Andre Simmons (rs-JR): 10-126, 1 TD

Next Game: vs. #2 Michigan

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Iowa St: 3
    #7 LSU: 66

I don't know how JR won any games with that team. They are D- or D across the board. My running game is looking good and Cole Spencer might be up for some awards after it's all said and done. He only played 3 quarters and had 193 yards on 21 carries.

After next week I'll have a better feel of where the team is at with #22 Wisconsin coming to town.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

UK 24
    Mia 38

The canes win their first game under the new ball coach putting up 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to secure the win. UK scored to tie it up at 24 in the fourth and on the first play HB Brad Mason breaks a 73 yarder to put the canes on top for good. Mason finished the day with 20 carries for 165 yds and 2 TDs. Freshman QB Jake Lewis got his first start for the canes and completed his first 15 passes before finally making a freshman mistake. He'd finish with a 251.3 rating 14/18, 254 yds, and 3 TDs. Not too shabby for his first game. He did have 5 sacks though so he'll need to learn to get rid of the ball a bit quicker.

UK had a pretty good offensive attack as QB Casey Lee went 22/32 for 278 and 2 TDs. It wouldn't be enough though as the Ben Miller led canes defense held off the wildcats when it mattered most.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 46
    Kansas St - 9

We happily dismantled a B ovr Kansas State team in this one not even allowing a TD. They drove down passing on me, but my D held in the red zone every time.

Hodges was near perfect this game. He went 18/26 404 yards and 3 tds. 4 of the incompletions were drops.
    Bullock picked up 109 on 10 carries and scored on a 71 yard scamper. However, he was hurt and is out for 3 weeks. We hope we get him back for LSU.
    Richardson went out after his first catch, but Smiley replaced him nicely hauling in 4 for 94 and 2 tds. Martin was huge again with 8 receptions for 236 yards and a td.

This was super injury day. I lost Bullock, Richardson, and starting CB Bennet for significant time. I also had 2 Lbs miss parts of the game. We were down to the bottom of the depth chart in some positions. Kansas State was plagued too, losing a lineman for 4 weeks, and I knocked his QB out 4 separate times, only for him to return.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 52
    SU 21

Cuse came out strong with a 14-0 lead before BC could get into a groove. Harris had a great day throwing for 4 TD's and rushing for 1. Even with that line he wasn't the most dominant player for BC as Humphrey had 5 sacks and alot of qb knockdowns.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Tennessee - 37
    NIU - 24

Tennessee gave up big play after big play in the passing game, with the Husky quarterback ending up well north of 300 yards passing. The defense was stout against the run, giving up -1 yards on 25 carries. If they Vols don't figure out how to get to the quarterback, it is going to be a long year. Coach Mason is excited about getting some of his own players in the right spots in the future.

On the offensive side of the ball, Justin Davis, who won the starting job in the spring, lasted all of three plays before the Ole Ball Coach pulled him. Two of the three passes were horrible, on 10 yards high and the second into the hands of a NIU linebacker. After being given the hook, John Gates came in and went a decent 18/28 224 yards 2 TD / 0 INT. The real star of the offense was running back Edwin Walton, who racked up 165 yards on 23 carries and scored three times.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

10. Emmdotfrisk

LOWERING THE BOOM
    Atlanta is buzzing after a successful ACC opener in Chapel Hill.

[​IMG]
    Senior Running Back Travis James silences the crowd with 111 yards and 2 TD's.
    GEORGIA TECH: 57
    NORTH CAROLINA: 27
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 2-0 (1-0) rebounded from a dismal offensive showing with a offensive filled day. SO Mark Merriman sat down and studied film and came into week 2 more prepared. Completing 19/32 passes for 393 yards with 4 TD's, Merriman was awarded player of the game. SR Travis James had another great day on the ground as he rushed for 111 yards with 2 TD's on 25 carries. Backup RB Dwayne Stratton filled in for an injured Jeremy Adams, carrying the ball 10 times for 101 yards with a TD. SR WR Ashton Terrell led the receiving core with 7 catches for 154 yards with 2 TD's. SO TE Robert Bell caught 4 passes for 126 yards with a 53 yard TD.​
    The Georgia Tech defense was manhandled as North Carolina's RB Jake McDonald carried the ball 29 times for 218 yards with 2 TD's. With Ohio State looming on the Yellow Jacket schedule in 2 weeks, they must find an answer to stop the run game.​
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 2-0 (1-0) will travel to Blacksburg in week 3 to take on rival Virginia Tech.​

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

WEEK 2: #20 BOISE STATE @ FSU

[​IMG]
    FSU DEFENSE SHUTS BOISE STATE DOWN, WINNING 30-0.
    The Defense came to play today, holding #20 Boise State to 0 points. They had only 1 INT & no sacks, but they held Boise to 28% on 3rd conversion(4-14).
    With the defense making stops, the offense took advantage. QB Matt Edwards threw for 18 of 34 for 379 yds & 2 TDs, but he also threw 2 INTs. The running game was lead by HB P.J. Thornton who had 76 yds on 22 carries. HB Mike Cooke had 50 yds on 8 carries & a TD.
    WR Ryan Williams had 7 catches 157 yds & a TD.
    Next week, FSU plays host to #5 BC.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Damn, Khaalis means business.

13. Bondzai

Well I had some down time at work this morning before everyone got in and I was almost finished with a long summary about my game and I went to reboot a remote server and accidentally rebooted my own computer. What a dumbass move. I'm not re-writing that whole thing so here's the cliff's notes version.

#22 Wisconsin: 28
    #6 LSU: 29

I couldn't get my running game going, which is supposed to be my strong point. The Wisconsin defense was all over my quarterback like stink on shit. I went up 1 with about 50 seconds left in the game and Wisconsin drove down into field goal range and clanked one off the upright as time expired. Lucky win.

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG] 0 21 7 10 38

[​IMG] 7 13 3 7 30

First Quarter

04:18 TD Georgia Corey Williams WR #82 6 yard pass from Matthew Phillips QB #9

Second Quarter

07:23 TD Boston College Tim Harrell WR #11 8 yard pass from Cedric Harris QB #18
    05:45 TD Boston College Mark Humphrey LE #93 51 yard fumble
    01:24 FG Georgia Rashad Jackson K #16 29 yard field goal
    00:52 TD Georgia Matthew Manson WR #89 14 yard pass from Matthew Phillips QB #9
    00:32 TD Boston College Jordan Rucker WR #88 65 yard pass from Cedric Harris QB #18
    00:00 FG Georgia Rashad Jackson K #16 26 yard field goal

Third Quarter

06:58 TD Boston College Mario Nichols HB #24 7 yard rush
    03:15 FG Georgia Rashad Jackson K #16 35 yard field goal

Fourth Quarter

04:39 TD Boston College Rickey Brown HB #43 6 yard rush
    02:19 FG Boston College Kevin Dingle K #8 34 yard field goal
    01:33 TD Georgia Paul Morgan TE #85 3 yard pass from Matthew Phillips QB #9

gg BBJ.... we could get the stop needed.... my offense was waay to one-dimensional despite giving my back Thompson 20 carries... he couldnt get anything going on the ground.. my young line still needs some time to develop their run-blocking scheme...

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sounds like the start of my year three seasons ago.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

gg JR. it was a battle of will's when it came to the running game for both of us. Take out that long run i had from the wildcat and it was a dismal day for us.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 27
    FSU 17

If you like Turnovers this is your game as both teams combined for 9 of them. BC Defense came out the victor as they would force 5 turnovers and not give up 1 3rd down conversion(0/9). Harris hit dotson on a fade route for his only td pass of the game and Thompson went for 100+ and a couple TD's on the day. JR LB Lewis continued his great season forcing 2 Turnovers and getting a sack.

gg khallis...

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 56
    Oregon State - 0

Ok, this Ole Miss team is really, really good. Keenan Kiel took a slant route for 70+ yards to start the game and the Rebs never looked back. This was like Jerry Rice in his day a simple 8 yard route that he turned into a TD. Just a beast at WR. Ron McDowell had a sick first half going 13 for 15 for 300 yards and 4 TDs.

Tyler Castillo pounded the rock in the second half for 24 carries for 150 yards and a few TDs. We really took our foot off the pedal in the second half.

This defense is really salty. D-line is strong up the gut, and the linebackers are all really, really good. The secondary with Smith Schneider is also stout, and the corners are fast, talented, and deep.

This is easily my best Ole Miss team in this year's game.

19. Bondzai

Damn. He says this after coming off of 3 straight titles.

20. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ron McDowell has been behind Vernon Wright for a couple of seasons now, and he is simply a great pocket passer. He lofted one to Kiel in this game and it was just awesome.

He has 12 TD's and 0 interceptions. Defensively, Im just very deep and there is significant talent at almost every position.

I hate that Im going to lose Kiel to the draft, he has been really fun to use.

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 55
    Clemson 7

This Game was all Mark Humphrey who had the most dominating performance of a defensive player of all-time. Humphrey sacked the QB 9 times injuring the starter for the game in the 3rd and his backup for a few plays in the 4th. He forced 3(2lost) fumbles with 1 being returned by Campbell, but before he went in for the score noticed Humphrey right behind him and said you earned it you take it in. 3 picks were hurried throws and 1 came when the 3rd stringer coming in. so 9 sacks 10tfl responsible for 6TO.

22. theSANDMAN215

South Carolina: 54
    Penn State: 35

A game that I led, and dominated until the last two minutes. Penn State actually took the lead with about 1 min 30 sec left. Eric Jackson (rs-JR) and Matt Hargrove (rs-JR) hooked up on a passing route with about 1 minute left to play to take the lead. On the ensuing kickoff Penn State fumbled, and I took it in for a touchdown. They then through an INT, and I managed to score another TD to put it away for good.

Penn State had 14 points on lucky plays. On the two TDs the CPU gave me the wrong guy when I switched over. I tried to switch to the safety to deflect two passes, and was pressing down to run to the WR, but the game switched me to the DB and since I was pressing down, the DB ran the opposite way.

My starting running back suffered an injury and was out for 3 quarters. He should be fine next week.

Passing: Eric Jackson (rs-JR): 21/34/410, 4 TDs
    Rushing: Andre Simmons (rs-JR), 18/78, 1 TD .... Damon Webb (rs-SR): 14/57, 1 TD
    Receiving: Matt Hargrove (rs-JR), 5/166, 2 TDs

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Alright you son's a bitches.:)

Tennessee is now 2-2 after Coach Mason's was in jail for two weeks. A loss to Miami and a loss to Rutgers put them in a 1-2 funk, but Coach Mason came out of jail fired up and whipped his boys in shape for a rivalry game against Florida

Tennessee - 56
    Florida - 24

Despite the fact that the Gator quarterback played like Dan Marino (31-34 for 429 yards 3 TD/0 INT), the Gators had a hard time scoring due to turnovers. Three lost fumbles gave the Vols a early advantage. Couple that advantage with new UT starter John Gates going a lights out 19/23 for 332 yards and 3 scores and you have an ass whipping.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#11 Rutgers 34
    Miami 27 OT

This game was all over the map. We lost our all american SS and best player for 12 weeks. The Rutgers QB went for 407 yards. We had 10 recruits visiting this week!

We were up 17-7 in the third. Rutgers scored to make it 17-14. They scored again in the 4th to take the lead 21-17. Things looked real bleak for us when starting QB Wilson went down with an injury and the backup threw an INT deep in our own zone on his first play cause he got hit as he threw it. The defense bailed us out though with 3 minutes to play they forced a fumble and a big lineman made what looked to be the play of the game on a scoop and score. 21-24 Miami!

Rutgers would answer back with a TD with a minute to go 27-21 Rut. Miami would get a couple big plays setting up a first and goal on the 2 yard line with a chance to win. Stuff on first down. Sacked on 2nd down. Incomplete pass on 3rd down. FG for the tie.

Rutgers scored w/little effort to open OT. And on Miami's chance to tie, our WR had the safety beat for 6 but the safety absolutely mauled the guy as the ball was in the air stopping my WR dead in his tracks. Then, the safety conveniently makes the INT to seal the game. Ouch!

They had us on lockdown the entire game. Rutgers gained 477 yards to our 267. Not pretty. Pro style offenses blow!

25. theSANDMAN215

Ouch. That's tough.

I love the pro-style offense.

I tried the spread 'em out and throw 100 times a game, but I sucked at it.