Season 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Last season boys, let's keep those game summaries going!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

USF Earns Gritty Road Win 7-0 at Notre Dame

[​IMG]
    USF safety Cameron Thomas celebrates during Saturday's action, such emotion!

A determined South Florida squad took the field Saturday, and earned what Coach Kasper called "the grittiest coaching victory of my career." USF was outgunned at basically every position, but thankfully the games aren't played on paper. Most experts pegged this game as being over by halftime, but this is why we play the game of football, because of the passion you will see.​

Notre Dame was able to move the ball decently, but a downpour definitely helped USF defend the Fighting Irish spread attack. The lone score came on a 13 yard strike to wide receiver Joel Bonner from quarterback Chaz Anderson. Bonner also earned player of the game honors for his 106 yards and the lone score. The stat of the game would have to be Notre Dame going 0-3 in the redzone, throwing an interception twice and missing a field goal. Much credit must be given to an aggressive group of defensive backs who stepped up when they had a chance to snag one. ND was also only able to go 1-10 on third downs.​

Enough can't be said about this game, and how big of a win this is for the USF program. Coach Kasper has stated that this will be his final season at South Florida, and this victory will forever go down as one of the greatest moments in a young South Florida football program.​

Quotes​

"The defense just played plain amazing, what else do you want me to say?"​
    Coach Kasper on, well, the defense.

"This was another one of those days where we had to put faith in the system that Coach put in. He has taught us that if we focus our attention to details and keep our opponent from getting any big plays, we can eventually force them to make a mistake."​
    Safety and Defensive Captain Seth Jones after the game.

Offensive Leaders​
    RB John Jefferson - 25 att, 76 yds​
    WR Joel Bonner - 7 rec, 106 yds, TD​

Defensive Leaders​
    CB Cornelius Burks - INT​
    FS Jonathan McGil - INT​
    MLB Adrian James - 5 tkls, 2 TFL​
    ROLB Jacob Underwood - 6 tkls, 2 TFL, Sack​

All psuedo story aside, this was the funnest game I have played on NCAA 11 without a doubt!! :D

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

#21 Hokies demolish #25 Utes

The Virginia Tech Hokies traveled to Salt Lake City and walked out with an impressive victory over the #25 ranked Utah Utes. The Hokies came out with guns blazing, blitzkrieging the Utah defense and jumping out to a 28-3 halftime lead. The Hokies would add two more touchdowns in the fourth quarter to win 42-10. The Hokie defense played stellar as well, only allowing 201 yards of total offense and were holding the Utes to -4 yards rushing until a late 80 yard TD run as well as holding the Utes to 1-11 on third down.

Senior quarterback Darius Morton was outstanding today, accounting for 238 yards, throwing for 141 yards and rushing for 98, and earned Player of the Game honors. The offense pounded the ball all game as well, running for 266 yards and only throwing 9 times. "I was just focused on running the offense as close to perfect as I could, when this offense is clicking it can be very good and I knew that I needed to keep my cool and make smart decisions out there."

When asked about his offense Coach RyanC responded, "They were incredible today, they faced a good defense and were able to control the ball all game and were able to get big plays when the team needed it. They were just incredible."

Passing
    D. Morton - 5/8 141 yards, 2 TD

Rushing
    D. Morton - 9 car, 98 yards, 3 TD

J. Davidson - 11 car, 96 yards

Recieving
    J. Bonner - 3 rec, 118 yards, 2 TD

4. pnc

pnc Walk On

Ill play my game tomorrow around 2 or 3 est.

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Boilermakers Lose Heartbreaker
    Team loses lead in coaches debut

AP-

Arkansas Razorbacks- 30
    Purdue Boilermakers- 28

In what coach broth hoped would be a grand opening at his new school, turned into something else. After jumping to a 21-14 lead the Boilermakers had the ball and were moving it against the Razorbacks. But as the WR came in motion and took the handoff on the sweep, Arkansas's LB Anthony Joseph broke through the line and made a tackle for an 8 yard loss. This stalled the drive. On the Razorbacks next possession they were held to a FG but from this point on they had the Boilermaker offense stopped. Purdue wouldn't score again until there was only 2:00 left on a big play by John Hall. But after that Arkansas converted 2 4th down conversions to hold onto the ball and run out the clock.

"It was a tough one to lose. We were in the game the whole time and we played to win. I wish we could've pulled this one off, but we can't win them all, it's a long season." said coach broth.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

#7 Michigan State - 31

Missouri - 13

Defense exceeds expectations

It didn't take long for Michigan State to show off the best defense they have had in a decade. Less than one minute into the game MLB Patrick Silva laid his shoulder into HB Trent Thomas, who immediately dropped the ball and Safety Jay Bates would be waiting to scoop and score. As stated the Spartans have a couple new faces in the leading position on the team. QB Matt Burns did decent his first day out, throwing for a TD but also threw a very unnecessary INT. Newcomer FR HB Mike Edwards had a nice day, showing typical Freshman behavior with moments of brilliance and others of sheer WTF. His moment in the spotlight came on a 53 yard TD run. He took the pitch from Burns and would proceed to make a nice juke and sprint as hard as he could towards the endzone for his first collegiate touchdown, video on Wire. MLB Silva would then have another say as he would jump up in front of a pass and take it back for 6. Michigan State would go into halftime up 31-7. In the second half Coach Masler told his offense not to worry about scoring but to worry about holding onto the ball and develop some in game sync with each other. The defense would hold tight and only allow 6 more points while keeping the offense to -39 yards rushing.

Michigan State opens up with a nice win at home. Up next they host the Texas Longhorns.

Stats

M. Burns - 11/21, 146 yards, TD

M. Edwards - 20 Att, 80 yards, TD

K. McAfee - 4 Rec, 70 yards
    C. Williams - 3 Rec, 53 yards
    A. Watson - 1 Rec, 6 yards, TD

E. Hill - 7 Tackles, 3 Sacks, FF
    P. Silva - 4 Tackles, FF, INT, INT-TD
    J. Bates - 3 Tackles, FR, FR-TD
    C. Jacobs - 6 Tackles, 2 Sacks

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

#3 Rutgers - 41

#9 Miami - 10

The Scarlet Knights Stun Miami in Season Opener

Opening Remarks:

Coach Fuzzy enters his 9th season as head coach at Rutgers, and this year anything short of a National Title would be very disappointing for the Coach and his loyal staff. The Scarlet Knights have come so close they could taste it, but were denied by a more determined Washington team at the time. Enough reminiscing, but there is a lot on the line this season for Rutgers.

Shockingly, Lawrence Montoya did not leave for the NFL after his Junior year. With the Heisman type of year that Wilcox had, his stats were less than impressive for the scouts. He also mentioned in a recent interview that he wanted to lead his team to that National Title that his coach has been chasing for the past eight seasons. There is no question that the senior QB has the most accurate/powerful arm ever seen at Rutgers. We will see what Montoya is capable of this year.

Fans in Piscataway, New Jersey were electric as they finally got to see their team at home for a big week 1 match-up. Miami is always a talented team, and they have given Rutgers fits in the past. Not today.

The game began with Miami receiving the ball, and not long into the drive, CB B. Foster leaped in the air and snagged an interception. The Hurricane defense held Rutgers to a FG, making it 3-0 Rutgers early in the first. The nasty Rutgers defense forced a three-and-out, and Rutgers capitalized on this drive with 15 yard TD pass to the star WR J. Nichols. 10-0 Rutgers.

The second quarter was mostly a defensive struggle, as both teams were held to field goals. At half-time, Rutgers lead 13-3. Not long into Rutger's first drive of the second half, Montoya connected with the freshman TE A. Washington for a 53 yard TD. 20-3 Rutgers. Miami marched down the field and responded with a short rush by their HB to narrow the gap 20-10 Rutgers. Montoya found Nichols again on a streak, and the pass went for a 54 yard TD; 27-10 Rutgers.

The fourth quarter was full of mishaps for the Canes. W. Wright, M. Tyree and D. Rush all forced fumbles that were recovered by Rutgers. S. Hughes had a 12 yard rush for a TD to push the lead to 34-10, and on the next drive, Montoya found Coleman open on a slant route for another 12 yard TD pass. With four minutes to go, Rutgers was up 41-10 and ran the clock out on the next drive. The Scarlet Knights will go on the road and face Illinois in week 2.

8. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

[​IMG][​IMG]

Battle for the Cy Hawk Trophy

Iowa State 0
    #15 Iowa 37

The crowd in Iowa City got their first look at a brand new Iowa team facing off against rivals ISU in the season opener. Concerns about a weakened defense were quickly put to rest in the first quarter as ISU struggled to even make it past the line of scrimmage. The Hawkeyes scored on their first drive of the game on a Kaplan pass to junior Will Cooper. The game would continue like this through the next three quarters as the swarming Iowa defense had their way with the outmatch Cyclones. Korey Kaplan had to leave the game in the first quarter after a hard hit but is expected to be back next week. Senior backup QB Adam Shaw played better then expected, throwing for 2 TDs and no interceptions. In his first game in an Iowa jersey new starting HB John Vincent made his presence known, rushing for over 100 yards and a touchdown. The backups were in by the start of the fourth quarter and kept ISU from putting any points on the board. This is the second shutout win for the Hawkeye's, the last coming against Mississippi State in the Outback Bowl. Iowa has a bye next week and will travel to the sunshine state for week 3's game against the USF Bulls.

Stats

QB Adam Shaw 10/20 209 yds 2 TDs
    HB John Vincent 102 yds 1 TD
    HB Keith Glover 72 yds
    TE Rob Chambers 84 yds 1 TD
    RE Nick Rutledge 4 tkls 1 sack

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Florida State Starts Title Defense With Offense

The Seminoles fresh off a National Title start the season off with a convincing 35-10 win over Nebraska. Sometimes the best defense is a great offense, and Florida State proved that true with All-American and Heisman Trophy Candidate QB Caleb Walker went 12-19 for 230 yards and 2 TD's. A surprise for the Seminole offense was transfer HB Sean Poland who rushed for 100 yards on 23 carries including a 35 yard TD. The Seminoles exploded in the second quarter putting 28 points, and on defense they forced 4 turnovers (all fumbles). With a bye week coming up, the Seminoles are possibly considering a move to a more traditional offense with the resurgence of the Seminole run game.

10. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

SLIPPERY LOSS!!
    Clemson - 28
    #23 West Virginia - 42

The Clemson Tigers had their opportunity on a wet, muddy, Saturday afternoon. Howvever, they came up short by 2 Touchdowns in a game where the score doesn't truly reflect the outcome. The Tigers were down early 21-0 in Death Valley in a lop sided first half. The Tigers had no life on defense and couldn't seem to come up with with a stop.

Koach Vonner - "We've have got to be able to play 4 solid quarters of Football. We didn't do that today and that's why we got beat"

The Tigers however did come back kicking and fighting and turned this wet afternoon into a great game. The Tigers came back and scored 14 points and were able to go into halftime down by only 1 TD. They then came back and scored quickly to open up the 2nd half and actually tie the game at 21. However, that lead would soon be slipped away by great play calling, rushing, and catching out of the West Virginia Moutaineers. The Tigers had their opprtunity to put pressure on WV, but came up short in a very soggy kicking game.

Koach Vonner- 'I'm not sure if it were the field conditions or what. But we have got to get better in our kicking game. We left "9" points on the board with missed FG attempts. That is something I can't live with"

Some of the positives for the Tigers is that their offense looked pretty solid all day. They were able to move the ball on the ground and through the air. This balanced attack seemed to be working for the most part. If they can ever find a defense, this Tiger could team could find itself back in a Bowl Game by season end. The offense was lead by RB back Marcus Hall.

Marcus Hall- "All credit today goes to my offensive line. They were able to open up some great lanes and that made my job that much easier. However, we have got to be able to win the game. That' all that matters to me. Not my yards"

Through the air The Tigers were also effective. They threw for 271 yds. The loss of JR QB Mark Hicks didn't slow this team or coaching staff down. Freshman QB Chad Hayes came in and continued to opperate the offense effectively.

Chad Hayes- "With Mark out I knew my team was counting on me. I hate I couldn't finish it for them and our fans, but in the end this game made me better".

Koach Vooner- "I was very impressed with Chad. He did exactly what we needed him to do with not much practice. He's got a bright future with this program"

The Tigers are going back to work and look forward to next weeks game. I have a feeling they will find themselves at some point and be back in Bowl season once again. 
    STAT LEADERS:
    Passing: Mark Hicks 12 - 19 159 yds 1 TD
    Chad Hayes 4 - 12 112 yds 1 TD

Rushing: Marcus Hall 13 166 yds 2 TD
    Chad Hayes 5 62 yds

Receiving: Kareem Culver 7 121 yds 2 TD
    Cody Bates 5 86 yds

Defense: Joseph Hayden 2 INTS
    Neal Thomas 5 Tackles 1 Sack

• Like Like x 2
  11. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Tough loss but a nice recap. The thing I like about our current sliders it that the big-name teams play like big-name teams.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

#7 Michigan State - 21

#5 Texas - 13

Longhorns give Sparty run for money

Defense, defense, defense. Neither team could gain much ground on offense today before either turning the ball over (4 per team) or punting it away. It was apparent right from the start that this would be a battle of who had the better defense, today it was Michigan State. The Longhorns only TD came from a scoop and score to open up the second half, other than that they had to settle for FG's. This TD would put Texas up 10-7. MSU would fail to get anywhere while Texas would drive but have to settle for 3 points, taking a 6 point lead. Michigan State finally found some rhythm as they found the endzone to go up by 1. The defenses would trade blows yet again before MSU would toss another TD with less than 30 seconds in the game to earn some breathing room. Texas would be unable to recover and East Lansing let out one giant sigh of relief. Burns would throw 3 picks today and leave in the 4th quarter with a bruised pectoral, the doctors say he should be ready next week. HB Edwards recorded his first 100 yard rushing performance. MSU's front 7 had some troubles with the run game today but still held Texas 30 yards shy of the 100 yard mark on 32 carries (3 ypc).

Coach Masler following the game: "Well Texas didn't surprise me with their stellar team. An A+ rated offense was nothing to ignore by far, once we took our their halfback I think our defense took control and it allowed our offense to relax and find a rhythm. We will have to be much more prepared for Week 4 though, this upcoming week off will be used wisely."

An ugly way to win, but a W is a W. Michigan State is now 2-0 with the big Red-Green rivalry looming Week 4 following the Week 3 BYE. The game is on the road.

Stats

M. Burns - 18/33, 294 yards, TD, 3 INT
    T. Madison - 7/10, 99 yards, TD

M. Edwards - 25 Att, 101 yards, TD

C. Williams - 8 Rec, 132 yards
    J. Smith - 6 Rec, 105 yards
    A. Watson - 4 Rec, 62 yards, TD
    K. McAfee - 3 Rec, 59 yards

E. Hill - 14 Tackles, 6 TFL, 3 Sack, FF
    A. Buchanan - 4 Tackles, TFL, INT, Defl, FR
    J. Bates - 6 Tackles, INT, 2 Defl

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

QB Morton leads Hokies over Michigan

Ann Arbor, Mich. - Senior quarterback Darius Morton knew how big this game would be for his team, "You don't just walk into The Big House and play without intensity, I knew I had to have my teammates fired up to get out there on the field and be ready to play their A game." Morton did his best Drew Brees impression in the locker room, leading a chant that had the visitors locker room shaking. He backed up his pre-game pep talk by putting together a dominate display of efficiency, scoring three touchdowns and only missing two passes. Receiver Jonas Bonner helped provide support in the passing game as well, catching six of Morton's nine completions for 98 yards, including a 47 yard touchdown reception to open up the scoring.

Going into the second quarter the game was even at seven, but the Hokies rattled off 28 unanswered in the second and third to take a 35-7 lead into the fourth. Two late touchdowns from Michigan made the score respectable, but the Hokies never lost composure and finished out the 35-21 victory. The Hokies defense intercepted Michigan three times, including one in the red zone that if completed could have changed the momentum completely.

The Hokies head home to Blacksburg next week to host the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in their ACC opener.

Passing
    D. Morton - 9/11 143, 1 TD

Rushing
    D. Morton - 25 car, 131 yards, 2 TD
    J. Davidson - 14 car, 70 yards, 1 TD

Receiving
    J. Bonner - 6 rec, 98 yards, 1 TD

Defense
    P. Fontenot - 9 tack, 4 TFL
    M. Jones - 3 tack, 1 INT, 1 TD

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I will get my game in tonight after work fyi..

16. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

West Virginia jumps on Clemson early, hangs on to win 42-28

West Virginia looked like it would run away from the Tigers, but Clemson came back strong and pushed the Mountaineers to the limit. With the exception of a couple of interceptions he forced into coverage, Deonte Booker was fabulous. Booker threw 5 TDs to 5 different receivers including a couple of home run shots that took the wind out of the Clemson comeback. Booker found Adams wide open on a 74 yard strike that put WVU up 35-21 with 2:30 to play. It didn't take Clemson long to answer. The Tigers scored a minute later to get within a touchdown. The WVU offense came onto the field attempting to run out the clock and escape with a win. WVU got their cake and ate it too when back-up running back Chris Fulton busted open on the right side and raced 45 yards for a score to ice the game. (WVU starting running back Tim Wilkinson injured his leg during the game and is out 3 weeks)

Coah Mac Post-Game quotes:

"My hats off to Coach Vonner. They had some misfortunes in the kicking game and looked dead in the water, but kept fighting and really made this a great game to watch for the fans. We were very fortunate to come out with the win."

"Our offense was fantastic as we had hoped. That's the strength of our team and they carried us today. Booker tried to do a little too much at times, but that's on me for getting a little greedy in the play-calling. Our defense was...well, what I expected. They're an inexperienced group and not the most talented, so we knew there would be growing pains. We just need to come back next week and get better."

"I hated seeing Wilkinson go down. He had really worked hard in the off-season and was ready for his moment to shine and he ran the ball really well in that 1st half before going down. There's always a silver lining though, and that was the play of Chris Fulton. We didn't miss a beat when he came into the game and he scored the game clinching TD. We couldn't have asked for more. Hell, he even caught a TD. Fantastic game for Chris."

Passing
    Booker 12/19 317 yds, 5 TDs, 2 INT

Rushing
    Wilkinson 6 car, 49 yds
    Fulton 14 car, 136 yds, TD

Receiving
    D. Jackson 2 rec, 106 yds, TD
    Matthew Adams 3 rec, 100 yds, TD
    R. Daniels 4 rec, 68 yds, TD
    M. Jones, 2 rec, 35 yds TD
    C. Fulton 1 rec, 8 yds, TD

Defense
    Titus Taylor 7 tackles
    Aaron White 4 tckls, 2 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  17. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Great game summaries guys!

18. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Text me about our game @ Broth262
    972-415-3527

Wrong thread I know but I want to make sure he gets it. Sorry

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I can't play, I gotta go to bed I'm heading to NYC tomorrow. feel free to play the cpu

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Just a thought on something to work on... Yall should look into putting a picture into your guyses summaries. I could be wrong, but I think its a nice little thing to add for my summaries.

21. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

@Kasper Is there a way to click and save pictures from the Dynasty Hub? I'd do it, but I just don't ever feel like taking the time to upload pictures to the server. Especially when the pictures are on the Dynasty Wire for everyone to see.

22. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

@ Kasper I'll be honest with you. I don't know how. Lol

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You would have to go to our dynasty wire at Easports.com you would have to take a picture from your game and upload it to dynasty wire.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

http://www.easports.com/player-hub/media/360/TKasper

I go there and get it off my own personal hub. I have to upload the picture after the game from My Highlights.

Grab the picture, save it to my computer, upload it to tinypic.com so it won't "expire" on EA's site and then put it up here.

Takes about a 1minute and a half

25. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Geez that sounds like alot. Especially for a guy who is just a computer dumb ass like myself. LOL!!