Season 9 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    2020 Kansas State Wildcats
    Offense
    QB: One of the best QB's stat wise to pass through the Little Apple has left us for the NFL. Now we have a guy who has shown flashes of excellence and has patiently waited his turn. SR(RS) Nathan Smith will be the main under center. Coming in at 95 overall he is impressive. And for the first time in the whole dynasty, KSU has a scrambling QB and may change their offense to revolve around Nate. He brings 90 speed, 84 Agility, 85 Accel, 85 Break Tackle, 87 Stiff Arm, 85 Spin, 87 Juke and a pretty good arm at 86 ThP and 91 ThA. While his power is rather lower than what I am used to, that accuracy will really come in handy if we have to thrown on the run. I have no doubt Smith will adjust just fine. ​
    HB/FB: Another big name has left campus in Fuqua but taking his place is a familiar one in Kyle Wilson. This kid worked wonders while Fuqua was injured but has suffered injury problems of his own. Let's hope this season he can overcome that hitch and really continue the ways of my rushing attack. Behind him in FR(RS) Mike Mays who will also see some good PT and I am really like his 93 truck, hopefully he can run over defenders game in and game out. Both HB's have some good carry ratings so they better not cough it up much. Pitts returns as the FB and is pretty speedy for his position with 87 speed and he can even block pretty well.​
    WR/TE: We've got a pretty good group of receivers here as most of them were a big part of the passing attack last season. I especially like Danny Brown with his 96 Route Running and 91 Jump, he better be in position every play and be ready to catch as he has some great catching skills as well. I've also decided to include Freshman WR Clifton Wright into the #4 position due to his 85 catch, 88 Route Running and 94 carry, he may not be fast but I'm pretty sure I can rely on him to catch the ball. I wish I could include FR Justin Brown as well but his 57 catch is a major red flag. As for the TE we have Hunter and Barnes again, both have been huge parts of the offense the past two years and will surely continue to be. They both boast high catching and route running. ​
    O Line: Overall we lost a couple of key guys and have some new faces. They may not be rated very high overall but they do have some individual skills that are pretty decent. That and we do have a 91 overall Center that will really help in protecting Smith. And to silence all the critics, we went 12-1 with one of the worst offensive lines I have ever had in any release of NCAA. ​
    Defense
    D Line: Ashley and Gonzalez will be on the ends and both have some excellent skills. I would hate to be hit by Gonzalez as he boasts 96 Hit Power. They both are very well rounded in terms of Finesse, Power and Block Shedding. And a major turnaround is the DT's as they are 89 and 87 ovr respectively. DT Stokes is going to be a force with 90 Tackle, 88 Hit Power, 94 Power Moves and 86 Finesse. So far the only person that might give him troubles will be that damned 99 overall C on SMU. ​
    LB: Same story it seems. The linebackers for KSU are all able to get off the line extremely fast but have only decent tackling skills. On the LOLB we have Lance Robertson who does have 99 Accel and 93 Block Shed so I do expect him to be in the backfield a bit. MLB Mark Jack surprised me last year, overcoming his low overall and showing me what he can really do. This season he has improved greatly and is now an All-American with 88 Accel, 87 Hit Power, 91 Block Shed, 93 Pursuit, and 92 Play Recognition. And last but not least, Brent Concepcion returns to the right side with 98 acceleration and 89 Hit Power. My expectations is that one of these linebackers makes first contact long enough to get another there to help tackle...sad I know. ​
    DB: My top four CB's are fast as can be. The #'s 2, 3 and 4 boast 95 speed with at least 90 acceleration. Justin Wilson is the only one with 92 speed but has great acceleration and can cover the ball with great skills of 95 Man and 96 Zone. While the speedy guys can't compare to that kind of coverage, they will do just fine in the high 80s. FS Perry Alexander forgo-ed the draft and returns to the center field with great speed and excellent Pursuit. Backup FS Bowser is just as capable though he's a bit slower. On the Strong side we have Thorpe Winner Jason Hill returning with good ball hawking skills including 94 pursuit. Again I am proud of my secondary, something I don't get to say too often. I can only hope all this speed pays off big time. ​
    Special Teams: We have Ryan Humphrey as Kicker and Clay Clark as Punter. Returning kicks are Alexander and Thornton while Alexander will be the primary punt returner. ​
    Expectations: That 10 win season felt good and we could taste the CCG. That is our goal this season, to finally make the Big XII Championship and possibly come away with a victory. It would be a very sweet win if we can make it through the likes of SMU, BYU, Baylor and Texas...​

• Like Like x 1
  3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

2020 Baylor Bears

The Bears had a solid year in 2019 making the BigXII championship game. That small bit of success went to a lot of players heads as 8 players left the program before finishing their eligibility for the Bears. Those losses leave the team with only 6 seniors, all of them on offense.

Offense: FR(RS) QB Nick Pruitt is penciled in to lead the offense, but that position battle is still undecided. SO(RS) Nate Cox will give him some competition as the only QB on the roster with actual game experience. The group of HBs will make up for that inexperience with 3 returning players who look to lead the offense via the ground game. SR Freddie Smith, JR Greg Hancock, and SO Skip White are back and now the focal points of the offense. Smith and White have speed to break a long one at any time, and Hancock can get the tough yards running over defenders. The WR corps has depth and speed as well. Carter, Brooks, and Irons are all fast and will be dangerous if the QB can get them the ball. The 6'8" TE Haumiller is sure handed over the middle and may become a young QB's best friend. The offensive line does have a lot of experience with the lowest rated player at 87. They should combine with a stable of HBs to form a strong running game.

Defense: This group was decimated in the offseason with players leaving early. Some expected, but most were a surprise. As mentioned earlier, this unit has no seniors, and only 5 JRs, so they are very young. The Bears lost 3 d-linemen to the draft and the biggest chore will be replacing the 2 at DT. True Freshman Cory Romero will see a lot of PT along side FR(RS) Jason Rowe. The DE spot will be strong and be relied upon to get a pass rush to help the DBs. Tyrone Mays and Will Goddard are studs. They shed blocks and pound on opposing QBs. It will be fun to watch these two meet at the QB and pile up the sacks. The LB group will be a bit of a patch work job, especially at MLB where an early departure will hurt. Led by SO(RS) Dainel Landry the group played well last year, and can hopefully step it up behind some inexperienced DTs. In the secondary, the team lost both starting corners, and as the story goes one was to the NFL draft. This will be a young group that will rely on the pass rush so they will not have to stick with the WRs too long.

Prediction: This could be a bit of a down year for the Bears. The defense cannot be relied upon like last season. Couple that with breaking in a new QB and close games could be a problem for this team. To win big, the man under center will have to play big, and the secondary will have to play above their experience level to help the defense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The 2020 SMU Mustang Season Preview
    2019 IN REVIEW:
    The Mustangs were finally able to put together an undefeated season after 4 straight 13-1 seasons and they brought their 2nd crystal trophy home to Dallas.
    OFFENSE:
    With the departure of 3 year starter Ryan Smith the QB position is the biggest question mark on O. SR(RS) Cory Wallace has a skill set that easily makes him one of the 2 best QBs in the nation (87 SPD, 94 ACC, 94 THP, 99 THA). However, in his first 3 years as a backup not only has he not lived up to his potential, he has played extremely poorly (142.3 QBR, 9 TD/9 INT, 48% comp %). If he can live up to his potential SMU should have the most devastating passing attack of any coach Jello team ever. If he lives up to his past performance then it won't be long before FR(RS) Timothy Hicks (85 OVR compared to Wallace's 99++ OVR) is thrown to the wolves.
    SMU lost their all time career rushing TD leader in Jordy Reynolds so they'll need to find a guy that's good in short yardage situations. Outside of that, they returned 3 HBs and added another solid back in true FR Lamar Freeman. Add to this stable FB Danny Manson who, as the #4 HB last year, proved to be extremely capable as a runner (he actually led the team with 10 YPC) so you can expect him to see some carries again this year.
    SMU's receiving corps was young last year so they return 7 WRs this season while losing none. Coach Jello was worried about losing either SR Rufus Moses or JR Billy Daniels but with them staying, you can expect those two to be extremely dangerous on the outside with their height and crazy speed. SMU's slowest guy in the top 4 still has 94 SPD so you can expect teams to have difficulty matching up with SMU when they go 3 and 4 wide. In addition to the WRs, SMU also returned all 3 TEs from last year. They'll be once again led by SR(RS) Fred Little who's a monster at 6'7 281 with 86 PBK, 89 RBK, 88 RR, and 85 CIT.
    The O-line lost a couple of guys early to the draft, but they'll still be a solid group that'll pave the way for the SMU rushers. Their OVRs are 97, 91, 99, 90, 88. They'll be led by Outland and Rimington winner Tim Reed at center who brings 98 PBK, 99 RBK, 96 IBK to the table.
    DEFENSE:
    Despite graduating 2 starting D-linemen SMU's DL has to be one of the very best in the country. On the left side they've got 2 time Lombardi and 1 time Nagurski winner Jake Hartman and his 99 PMV, 99 FMV, 99 BSH, 99 HIT. On the right 91 OVR JR(RS) Joey Jones will get his chance to start and is no slouch himself with 99 FMV, 95 BSH. In the middle is SR(RS) William Woods who has played 2nd fiddle to Brent Turner for 3 years. He's another monster with 97 OVR. The D-line is the obvious strength of the D and everything will build from them.
    SMU graduated their 2 starting OLBs but both MLBs will return. On the outside they'll be very mediocre, but they are extremely solid in the middle as SRs Danny George (93 OVR) and Samuel Moore (98 OVR) return to quarterback the D. SMU is very deep at MLB with 93 OVR JR Blake Bell and 86 OVR FR Titus Hines backing up the starters.
    The secondary was hardest hit by the early declarers as they lost a backup SS and both starting CBs early. If the secondary were to be summed up in 1 word it'd be SPEED! The slowest starter is 97 with a 98 SPD and 2 99 SPD guys back there. The corners are very young with 2 SOs and 3 FR. SO Everett Stewart will be the #1 guy this year and coach Jello expects him to dominate. Both safeties return and they're even more monstrous than they were last year. FS Anthony Burns has 99 SPD, 97 ACC, 89 TKL, 81/84 MCV/ZCV and 84 HIT. SS Kenard Mack is even scarier for opposing receivers with 98 SPD, 92 ACC, 91 TKL, 83/85 MCV/ZCV, 89 HIT, 95 PUR.
    SPECIAL TEAMS:
    K Jeff Mathews returns with 99 KPW, 99 KAC (as a JR!) so he'll be money in the rare instances when SMU has to settle for a FG (a great source of pride for coach Jello is that during this OD his kickers have kicked exactly 6 XPs for every FG). A true FR will be handling the punting duties for SMU, but he has a killer leg with 90 KPW so he'll be fine. The one weak spot on STs is the return game. Last year Everett Stewart finished 2nd for returner of the year as a FR with 4 TDs but coach Jello never has starters returning kicks so the SO CB is now off limits as a returner. Unfortunately SMU doesn't have anyone that isn't a starter that is remotely as dangerous as Stewart (or most of the other returners before him) so you probably won't see nearly as many TDs this year (or yards as Stewart led the Big XII in both KR AVG and PR AVG). WRs Washington and Slaughter will likely share the return duties and make the best of their slower speeds.
    PROGNOSIS:
    Now that SMU has reached the mountain top, there's nowhere to go but down. If Wallace can effectively dislodge his head from his ass, then the offense will be more than okay. They lost power back supreme Reynolds, but they'll still have one of the most dangerous offenses in the country (they led the nation in scoring and were in the top 3 for total offense and rushing offense last year). If Wallace keeps his head in his ass and SMU has to rely on a FR QB, then things will get more interesting.
    SMU won the title last year because of their defense. They were #1 for total and rushing defense and look to try to repeat that feat this year. The front 3 is ridiculous, the front 7 extremely solid, and the back middle ridiculous. The only question mark is the corners. However that's a good place to have a question mark because they've got a crazy pass rush that'll keep them from having to cover long and crazy good safeties that will help to erase any mistakes that the corners make.
    This year SMU will have to face all 5 USER conference opponents which will make returning to the CCG very difficult. The team's first goal is to repeat as conference champs and a 8-1 conference record would be a great success. If they can survive the grueling Big XII schedule, then the skies the limit for this team.

5. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

2020 Clemson Tigers

Return to Excellence

Last year the Clemson Tigers were 3-8 when they decided to fire Dabo Swinney and replace him with the unknown Brock Landers. Coach Landers was the coach in their final game which was a 24-20 victory over rival South Carolina. Coach Landers addressed the media at the 2020 annual media days, "There is rich tradition of football here at Clemson. I intend to build upon that tradition and our motto is return to excellence. We will conduct ourselves each day, each game and each play with an emphasis on achieving excellence."​

Offense: The Tigers return 7 starters on offense including JR-QB Calvin McDonald (80 OVR, 84 SPD, 83 THP, 80 TAC). However, it is not a given that McDonald will be the starter on opening day with the addition of FR-QB Sam Smith (79 OVR, 81 SPD, 89 THP, 81 TAC) and JUCO-SO-QB Tyree Smith (75 OVR, 89 SPD, 80 THP, 85 TAC). Coach Landers, "We have 3 quality QBs that have all the attributes to run my offense. They all have good speed and can make all the required passes. I'm leaning toward starting McDonald, but Tyree is intriguing because of his 4.42 speed. That is as fast as most of our WRs and could be a real difference maker." Three other impact offensive players: SR-C Brad Andrews (95 OVR, 94 RBK, 92 PBK), SR-WR Elvis Mitchell (87 OVR, 99 RR, 95 CIT) and SO-TE Chad Green (83 OVR, 85 SPD, 88 CTH). Coach Landers, "We have good speed at the skill positions and our OL have experience and strength. If we can stay healthy we expect to score a lot of points. We are excited to add JUCO-SO-TB Keith Bolding (75 OVR, 93 SPD, 87 ACC) who gives us some much needed speed to our backfield."​

Defense:The defense return 6 starters and look to improve with a switch to a 3-4 defense. Coach Landers, "With more and more teams moving to the spread our emphasis will be recruiting speed. Our back 8 needs to be able to run and still retain the ability to stop the run." Three impact players on defense: SR-DT Jason Johnson (92 OVR, 93 BLK SHD, 88 TKL), SO-CB Emmanuel Baker (82 OVR, 90 ZCV, 87 MCV) and SO-MLB Brian Hansen (82 OVR, 86 SPD, 93 BLK SHD). Coach Landers, "I like our starting 11, but our depth is ideal. Similar to our offense if we can stay healthy we will field a very competitive defense.

Special Teams: Michael Davis (94 KPW, 85 KAC) returns to handle punting and place kicking duties. Incoming FR-HB Roderick Robertson (95 SPD, 87 ACC) will handle KR and PR duties. Coach Landers, "Michael is very steady K/P and on FGs I have faith in him all the way out to 60 yards. I'm real excited to see Roderick play. When I took this job I identified that we were not as fast as some of the teams I watched on film. I give credit to our coaching staff for plucking Roderick out of Lousiana. He will eventually make it into the RB rotation and for now will concentrate on special teams."

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BYU Team Preview​

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Can I see 7 more previews?????

• Like Like x 2
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just saw this picture... Reminds me of one rainy night a few seasons back

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

If I saw that shit I'd be in the tunnel right quick

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I thought i was the only one i knew who used the term "right quick".

12. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

expect a syracuse preview tomorrow....heading out the door or I would do one right now.

13. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

SYRACUSE COULD BE IN FOR A LONG 2020

OFFENSE: The Syracuse Orange offense will be led by the duo of Soph Nick Wilcox and Sr. Jayson Britt at the helm. Neither has really stepped forward making it known that he is the man so they will rotate until further notice. Ryan Green will be the man getting the ball the most for the offense, as he returns for his Jr. year. The 6'1 RB is expected to have to be the workhouse to keep the Orange on the field and limit the 3rd in long situations for his inexperienced QB's. The strength of the Orange offense has to be their WR's as impact player Eric Thomas and Pedro Haynes need to be able to make some plays in space in order to put points on the board. 3 Sophmores, 1 freshman and 1 senior man the offensive line for the Orange, which will be a major factor going forward. If they can hold up against some of the tougher ACC games, Syracuse might be able to hang around. If not, expect lots of troubles for the QBs.

DEFENSE: The Orange defenses strength is in the middle led by it's 3 senior beef eaters at DT. Hopefully this will allow the Orange speedy LB corp to make some plays in space. A decent pair of Cb's could hold down some good receivers....will be interesting to see what they do against the likes of the ACC powers. Expect some major growing pains going forward in the defensive secondary.

PREDICTION: A 7-5 season would be a huge step in the right direction for this program but a 6-6 year looks more and more likely if things bounce there way. Expect a lot of close games and depending on which ways the breaks fall, the Orange could be playing in December or out golfing watching SMU in another National Title game this year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

2020 Horned Frogs
    Offense:
    In a word, maturity. TCU will lean on SR preseason Heisman front-runner QB DeMarcus Marshall. Marshall was recruited as a backup to fellow SR Jayson McDowell but seized his opportunity in their freshman campaign as McDowell struggled. The best news here is that the most important position on the field has injury insurance as both QBs are stellar. At HB the ATH I stole from VA when dakota wasn't looking will finally get his day, and J.T. Matthews has progressed well. Freshman Wiscy-native Beau Francis will start at FB. At WR is the main concern on offense with last year's group being mostly SRs. Hunter has the most pt of them and will look to slash corners to compliment this O. Even the big targets have depth this season. TE Paul and McFarland will do well in providing backup to Mackey Award winner Thomas Jones. Look for Marshall and Jones to continue their chemistry. The O-line isn't the greatest by any means but the guys up front should have the ability to get the job done, and keep it moving.
    Defense:
    This group is given the motto of Band-Aid for the season. They need to do just enough to stop the bleeding so the offense can win games. Is that a winning formula? maybe but it's where TCU is due to the success of SMU and Baylor in recruiting. Speaking of, at DE the lack of focus last season has left <70 OVR guys competing for a starting spot. Let's say the line needs to perform better than they are. At backers, youth will roam the outside in Hall and Bonds/Smith. The captain of the D will be found in the middle in MLB Stanford Barnes. The secondary is much like the line here so I'll leave that be. Just happy SS Owens chose not to transfer as he could have a big season for the Frogs.
    Outlook:
    What can I say? The campus is buzzing around the Heisman hopeful. This squad knows well of the under-performing that has gone down in year's past and the will to succeed is here. The Frogs need a shot at the Big XII title. "The stats are great but they come as a result of performance and if I and the team are getting wins then everything will fall into place." --DeMarcus Marshall

• Like Like x 1
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I hope Marshall can take down Smu. I'd love a potential TCU vs BYU CCG that is also a rivalry game :)

16. jello1717

If SMU is knocked off, my money is on Texas going to the CCG, not TCU.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

As I said in the video I'm uploading, Big XII South > Big XII North this year. They're all good

18. jello1717

I haven't seen the video, but I disagree with that. If I had to rate the Big XII it'd be like this:
    1. SMU
    2. Baylor
    2a. BYU
    4. Texas
    5. TCU
    6. KSU

so I'd give the slight edge to the North.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'd put Texas above me. With the switch to the 425 my defense has PLUMMETED. Like wow.