Season Five: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lol I like how he grouped our names by conference

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #1 Ohio State - 28
    Pittsburgh - 11

The Buckeyes look to go into Panther land and grab an out of conference win. After an intense quarterback competition in the spring and during fall practice, Coach Shaun Mason announced prior to the game that redshirt freshman Craig Watson would be the starter for the upcoming season. Senior quarterback Taylor Graham was visibly upset, but will continue to serve as the backup and get some game reps.

Graham promptly opened the game up trying to give it away. Three first half interceptions slowed the Buckeye defense down and the Buckeyes were up 7-3 at the half. Things got better in the second half and Watson threw for 3 touchdown passes, but he also gave up his fourth interception of the game. You could see Taylor Graham laughing on the sideline.

The Buckeye defense was very stout, giving up only 228 yards and 11 points despite being on a short field much of the game. The Buckeye running game was solid, Roderick Smith ran for 149 yards on 19 carries.

Next week the Buckeyes will need more conservative ball control when they host Alabama.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's how I remember them.:)

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Penn St @ Syracuse​

Although the Nittany Lions won going away, this game could be a bad omen of things to come. Despite having an exceptional QB in Terry Mayes, the wideouts just couldn't create any seperation against a suspect secondary. Mayes continually forced the issue and it resulted in 5 picks!! He did finally hit his rhythm in the second half but he will have to be more patient when they travel to Baton Rouge next week. Senior RB Ryan Logan also struggled at times but he was successful at moving the chains.​
    The defense also had it's ups and downs. The front seven was dominant in getting 6 sacks and star MLB Khairi Fortt had a pick six but the secondary was very suspect in giving up 333 passing yards to Syracuse QB James Jarrett. This may be something to look at as Penn St goes to LSU next week. If this defense can't get pressure on the Tigers QB's, it could make for a long day and a long year.​
    Final from Syracuse:​
    Penn St 34 - Syracuse 16​
    First Quarter​
    03:53TDPenn StateKhairi Fortt MLB #35 25 yard interception​
    Second Quarter​
    06:41FGPenn StateMarques Cunningham K #5 35 yard field goal​
    05:42TDSyracuseDyshawn Davis WR #86 80 yard pass from James Jarrett QB #16​
    03:38TDPenn StateDamien Rogers WR #89 84 yard pass from Terry Mayes QB #15​
    00:21FGPenn StateMarques Cunningham K #5 44 yard field goal​
    Third Quarter​
    04:48TDPenn StateRyan Logan HB #24 1 yard rush​
    01:48FGSyracusePatrick Lane K #1 20 yard field goal​
    Forth Quarter​
    06:41TDPenn StateCraig Dingle TE #84 23 yard pass from Terry Mayes QB #15​
    04:07TDSyracuseCasey Thomas WR #89 12 yard pass from James Jarrett QB #16​

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#25 Georgia Tech 0
    Kentucky 32

There are several words describe this game, awful, horrible, disgraceful. Georgia Tech was expecting to struggle at times this season as they transition from the triple option to a spread offense, but the coaching staff did not expect this. There is no passing attack, the quarterback can barely hit the broadside of a barn, and when he does hit the barn, the receivers drop the ball. Georgia Tech had trouble converting third downs and keeping the Kentucky offense off the field as they possessed the ball for over 20 minutes of the game. The star of the game was Kentucky RB Brandon Gainer who rushed for 233 yards on 32 carries. He scored all four touchdowns for the Wildcats, his back up Jarred Woods rushed for 92 yards on 7 carries. Kentucky rushing attack just wore down the Yellow Jacket Defense.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

#4 Alabama - 56

UTEP - 42

This game was a crazy way to start off the season, it included 13 turnovers. 9 of these turnovers were interceptions, it just seemed like neither team wanted the ball. Only Alabama was able to score twice off of these interceptions though. The final 2 minutes proved fatal for the Miners as they had a shot to take the lead but a pass led to Senior CB John Fultons THIRD pick of the day, he was on absolute fire...can you say Thorpe? Anyway, Bama did have some success passing and running was so-so as Wilson got knocked out for a Week, just in time for the big game vs the Bucks. Ah well, a great game overall even though I couldn't keep the big lead or the ball. Sims threw for over 350 yards and 4 scores while Wilson and Johnson ran one in each. The defense also score on two inteceptions, both user picks.

Next week, Ohio State.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

...[​IMG] - 0
    @[​IMG] - 34

2014 started out for the Tigers with a lot of new faces on offense, but a lot of returning players on defense. Clemson would start true freshman Tyrone Berg at QB and count on #1 overall recruit Marcus Smith and SR HB Demont Buice to carry the load on the ground.

The game started out well for the defense, but poorly for the offense. Berg looked like a freshman on his first two series as he threw a pick on his first pass, and was 0/2 on the next drive which was a 3 and out. After an INT by SR CB Darius Robinson, Berg connected on the first pass of his career to WR Adam Allen. Allen made Berg look very good on the play, out running the CU defense for an 81 yard TD. 7-0 Tigers after one.

In the 2nd quarter, Berg started settling in and began to move the offense nicely down the field. He took over a drive inside his own territory with just over 2:30 left in the half, and moved the team inside the red zone. Then on 3rd down, Berg found WR Mark Smith wide open for an 18 yard TD and a 14-0 lead with just 24 seconds left in the half. On the ensuing kickoff, the CU return man fumbled and the ball was scooped and scored by reserve WR Christian McNeil (1st video). The turnover was the 3rd of the half for the Buffaloes giving the Tigers a 21-0 lead.

In the 3rd quarter the Clemson defense continued to dominate. SR Demont Buice showed his speed as he broke a 30 yard TD run off the left side (2nd video). Everything seemed to be going nicely for Clemson on the afternoon when the season was changed forever. In the closing seconds of the 3rd, Berg was hit while completing a pass. The hit broke one of Berg's VERTEBRAE and ended the freshman's SEASON.

If things could get any worse on the injury front they did in the final quarter. On HB Marcus Smith's 8th carry of the afternoon he went down to the turf and did not get up. Fortunately (or unfortunately) he strained his shoulder and will be out for 4 weeks. The Tigers added 2 FGs in the quarter to finish the shutout 34-0.

Next week the Tigers will face the Bulldogs from Georgia, but will be searching to find their starting QB for the rest of the season.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We won an ugly, ugly game at USF. 16-7. Couldn't move the ball at all. Our starting QB was knocked out of the game, and hopefully he is cleared to play Penn State next week. A heck of a way to start the season.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 31
    [​IMG] 28

The Michigan Wolverines lose their home opener by three points to the Tigers of Missouri. For an improved Wolverines team the roster is improved over last year but just like last year they were forced to play without QB Devin Gardner, who suffered a back injury on the first possession of the game. A triumvirate of signal callers followed his departure with little success as a collective going 12 for 31 for 168 yards with a TD and INT from Dwayne Morris. David Thomas struggled to get anything going on the ground finishing with 72 yards and a TD

Newcomer Mike Harrison recorded 12 tackles, 2 TFL and an INT in the game. Tyler Harris intercepted a two point try and returned it 109 yards and Richard Ash scored on a fumble recovery in a good performance for the defense. With Notre Dame and their quick paced no huddle offense coming up on the schedule, Michigan needs to rest up and figure out how to surrender less big plays.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Geeze, two losses to the cpu. Did we go back to heisman? Lol

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No, but you have to be patient and not think the CPU is a cakewalk.

13. dakota7

Florida State 31
    Houston 21

The Cougars were fired up for this one, giving the Noles all they could handle. The Houston d-line played out of their minds, combining for 9 tackles for loss and 3 sacks, which led them to a 3rd quarter lead of 21-14. The Seminoles exploded in the 4th, putting up 17 points, led by the ground attack of HBs Will Washington and Alex Austin. The Noles went on a 9 play, 83 yard drive to tie the game up on a 16 yard td run by Washington. Then the Noles defense came out and held the Cougars to 3 and out. QB David Lucas led the team into field goal range, ran the clock down and soph Caleb White kicked the go ahead field goal with 23 seconds left. To add a little salt to the wound, Cougar QB Terrance Broadway fumbled on a botched screen pass, which was recovered and returned for a touchdown by FS Travis Washington.

The Noles travel to Lubbock to take on the Red Raiders next week.

14. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Kansas 31
    UGA 35

It was late game heroics that helped UGA win this game with a minute left on the clock and driving down the field to paydirt. The UGA defense could not stop the Kansas running game, especially that of Trent Ramirez who posted 13.4 AVG yards per rush. The UGA team needs a lot of work after losing much talent on both sides of the ball last year. It appears that recruiting has been an afterthought for this team, which is now starting to show through on the starting roster. To say that Coach Randiesel has his work cut out for him is an understatement.

15. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

What's changed with the sliders to get us these close games? I'm kinda nervous about playing my game tonight now.

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Personally, it feels as though the CPU RB ability has gone up a bit. But this is coming from UGA, which is a new coach and team who lost good talent. I think you would have a better idea being as you have a good pulse on your team and a very talented roster.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I have a whole new set, and they are hard. I fully expected everyone to be bitching by now. I figured, we suffered through 6 weeks of horrible Heisman, we can give these a shot for as long.

I probably will tweak 2 items: kick accuracy up and perhaps interceptions down. But I need to look at things a little closer before I make the decision. I am also interested in how spread runs work.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Also, be aware that passing is tougher and if you screw up they will pick you off. If you kick field goals, be careful.

19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

my take on my game is that my team is just awful. However with the new sliders that may explain why my QB couldn't throw the ball accurately, and Kentucky's running backs were kicking my ass up and down the field.

20. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

well this just sounds fantastic :)

21. dakota7

I didn't notice the pass accuracy decrease. I threw 2 picks and they were both my fault.....forced the ball into places it shouldn't have been..............because the cpu defensive line was out of control. I had the absolute minimum time to pass the ball, even against 4 man rushes. It was ridiculous, to be honest. Houston's d-line has ovr ratings between 71 and 79, while my worst o-line starter is 82. My rushing stats weren't much better, I think I got just barely 3.5 yards per carry. I was actually gonna save highlights of the d-line play, but didn't because I didn't know we changed sliders. I have to think that spread teams won't be able to run the ball at all because I had a hard time under center.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    QB accuracy didn't change.

I'll continue to tune things like pass rush. I want the pass rush to get to you quicker than it has in the past. You shouldn't be able to stand back there and throw deep passes all game long. There is a reason teams in real life throw more short routes than long routes, but that isn't reflected in game.

Think about how many times in a game you see passes over 20 yards that are completed in real life, then think about how common that is in the games you play against the CPU.

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This answers a few things from game. The pass rush was all over me very quickly. The running from the spread was more difficult than last season b/c I had very few holes that opened up and stayed that way. I may be switching offensive philosophies early and going to a power run game.

24. dakota7

I guess I took this to mean that user acc was decreased, but I guess it means that cpu pass defense/interception was increased....or something along those lines.

I guess I just was caught off guard. I didn't expect a new set of sliders, I didn't remember discussing it.

My thing is and has always been, I'd like a realistic game. Call me crazy, but my 95 ovr rated offensive lineman should win the majority of the battles against a d-lineman who is rated 78 ovr............that's not what happened in my game last night against Houston. I recognize we all want challenging cpu game, but realism needs to be a part of the equation. I had one play where I ran a counter and the Houston defensive tackle tackled my QB before he could hand the ball off to the HB. That was the most extreme play, but I assure you there were many other similarly unrealistic plays.

25. dakota7

The one other thing I noticed is play action passing is a complete waste of time. I only called a couple last night, and I got blown up every time. I just went into practice and tried...........my QB got hit every time before he completed the play action animation.

User Run Block is set at 25 and User Pass Block is set at 20. I think CPU rush defense was 75 and CPU pass rush was 50.