Season II Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, May 4, 2013.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

What worked? What sucked? All feedback is welcome here and will be reviewed before the start of season II.
    Faux Zebras FC

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Despite having big rosters scheduling was not easy nor fun.
    For example: The guy we drafted to be our main striker ended up barely playing all season .
    Several other guys also barely played (like 6 or fewer matches).
    Flexible scheduling did not result in more guys playing in this league.

Going forward I'd love to see 1 or 2 designated match nights.
    Those players that can't play on the match nights can float around and play with any team for fun on non-match nights.
    This way they are still involved in TSO clubs.
    At the same time teams will be able to count on their players attending weekly except for the odd exception due to whatever.

Assuming we use match nights we can then role out smaller rosters- say squads of 6 with 4 required to play.
    More teams is mo-fun IMO. Plus playing with more than 6 humans is just a shit can.

I'd love to see another draft.
    I think it would be fun to change things up. We have guys that aren't going to play any more, new guys coming in, and others that would rather play on a different team than the one they are on now. There were also zero trades last season despite my best efforts with every team in the league.

Playoffs
    End of season playoffs, seeded and use best of 3 or 5 game series.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) Draft for new guys- also a transfer window would be nice. I know I hVe some guys I wouldn't mind finding a new home for simply because a lot of people aren't late nighters like they are. I don't want to just "release them, a transfer window would be nice like I said.

2) Set schedules would make things easier, as Pig has said if guys can't make league nights they will still enjoy playing with a consistent group of guys.

3) Smaller rosters would be nice- currently if everyone showed up on my team someone would have to play GK for everyone to get on the pitch (I'm pretty sure).

4) This league was fucking awesome, and I am saying that as the manager of the last place team. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing with the guys on my team-- league night or just for shits and giggles. Great job running things Goose, Drift, and Moon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hedache

hedache Walk On

I played 3 games (on 1 match day) this whole season. There has been couple times I could have played and did not since it was too crowded. One time I was even in the club screen, as more started showing up I ended up leaving before the games started. So in that sense, yea I am not a big fan of too many in the roster. But then on the other hand, you're more likely to also face situations where you may not have enough to show up. So for me it's more of a lose lose situation. I only like clubs when it's 4 or 5 humans, not more than that.

I am a supporter of fixed game nights, and Wed and Sun night make the most sense to me. Unfortunately, I've been running indoor pickups on Wed night lately, so I'm surely not gonna be available for Wed night clubs.

Everyone did a great job running the league, especially Timpegoose (since he's my captain I'll kiss up to him :p ).

About the draft, a draft is fun but a whole draft would damage the club mentality. Maybe force captains to release only a few players available for the draft and get to keep the core team or something. I feel like there will never be transfers and trades between teams. Usually it would work in favor of one side so there would never be a deal.

6. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Our team was flexible and seemed to be able to play most nights. Not sure if designating match nights is a must but it wouldn't hurt.

I would be ok if we ran the same 4 teams, or if we opened it to 6 or 8 if the numbers allow. I thought 6 guys playing at once was nice (2 up front, 3 in the middle, 1 as the any). Going down to 4 guys per roster just wouldn't work in my opinion.

I thought the league was great and will be even better in 14 when we get some new blood to the site.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think set days would be good. Granted, most of our games were on Sunday nights during Game of Thrones, which I can't make so I probably be SoL anyway, but with that many people on a roster you're going to be leaving some people out anyway. May as well hammer out a night or two a week to play... then clubs can try and make days that they want to play some randoms if they want.

If ya'll wanted to switch things up, the draft system could be done before each season like a keeper league in fantasy sports. If you want to keep your first round pick, you don't get a first round pick in the draft. Half (or any number really) could be keepers, and the rest go back into the draft pool. Keeps some continuity, but also keeps things interesting and balanced. Teams that drafted poorly or had someone disappear or whatever won't be boned for the rest of the time this league is around.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to see the league expand to 6 teams if possible. I'd also like to see us redraft even if we keep 4 teams. Not saying that as anything against my team, because I had a blast playing with them, but I always saw the first season as more of a test run and feel that season 2 should be the season that we turn the league into a sort of "keeper" league.

9. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing (2) more teams but I don't think there should be a redraft. I think the (4) teams get to keep 4-5 players not including the captains and the rest get thrown into a draft pool and they make up the two new teams.

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Those two teams would be so much weaker than the rest that it wouldn't even be fun for them.

11. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Good point..either way we need to get season 2 rolling. I am ready to play.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not necessarily. My team isn't overly talented, I just want to play with that same group because I enjoy it. I don't care if we don't win a league game.

I think a transfer window would provide plenty of chance for teams to mix things up. There will be players that want a change of scenery, and hopefully another team can give them that via a trade.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    There's no team that would release their 3 best players. No way.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If half the people want some player movement, I say teams pick their best 5 and drop everyone else.

15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If we aren't adding new teams, I agree with this one. If we are, this wouldn't work.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I could go either way on this. Part of me thinks changing it up would be fun. Part of me says we played one season, we will take a month to play another and then NCAA hits. We may be lucky to finish 3 seasons.

We should keep rosters and go to a second season now before everyone goes NCAA crazy.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Idk who I would even name for top players on my team.

All I know is I know there are guys on my team that really don't want to be on a different team. Clearly, some people want to try a different team. Those people need to tell their damn manager and get released/traded- it's that simple.

18. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

We could have a transfer window the size of Texas and nobody is going to do shit. Teams have friends or talent they just don't to part with period.

I offered literally every player on our roster up for trades last season just to try and acquire some guys that could show up and nobody was interested in trading period. Not my first round pick, not my second round pick, no picks, nadda, none.

On our roster we are basically down to 7 (bmwalla out, ian moss done with it, hornfan never plays)
    and due to conflicting schedules between us we are never going to have more than 4 guys show up ever.

In the end we had a bunch of guys never show up, and we had several under perform when they did show, and then we had the jerk.
    Overall I did't have much fun, it was mostly a headache.

Also contributing to this was that some guys only play on manual (truly nobody on our team is good enough to play manual in the clubs league against guys who aren't using it, period), and some only use some crazy camera angle, and then others changed their original availability as we went along so scheduling became more difficult.

19. hedache

hedache Walk On

The problem lies right here in this statement. Your whole approach to this with separating Texas out of the whole. I think the transfer window size should be of The United States of America!!! Then we got something going on. This Texas attitude of yours is road to failure and nothing else.

Shit, all you need is me then. Just talk to my captain, he's a reasonable great great guy with awesome character. He'd work something out. His name is Timpegoose and I can always tell him I'm born a Faux Zebra, I just want to explore my chances in other places where there's space for me. And that I want to retire a Faux Zebra so I will come back home one day. The fans there mean everything to me, I will never forget them, etc...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

See, and this is why I drafted this man. He knows when to suck up to the captains :D

I'm actually really surprised at how each captain seemed to get their top targets. I'm not sure anybody was really unhappy with how their draft went, which at least for me was not what I expected at all.

Michael Woodward
    Jon MK
    Kasper
    hammerhead1010
    PIG BOMB
    abolishthefed

Am I wrong in saying that? I feel like there wasn't a whole lot of player movement, because for the most part everybody was happy with the guys they got.

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

Send me out on a loan, you don't have to transfer my rights. After all I may still prove to be your Hedderberg picked at round... what was it 13? I think moon told you to take me cos I was the only undrafted and it was against TSO policy to outcast member (even when it's hedache).

22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I don't see how a transfer window would change anything because we never said no one could trade at any part of the season, meaning the whole season was a transfer window, and no one moved at all.

You are correct at least with us, we got pretty much the main people we wanted. There were a few guys later that we were about to take but someone took them right before us but it was only like one or two guys and their replacements weren't much lower on our board and we hoped to get them eventually as well. I'm pretty happy with our team and for the most part, they seemed to be happy on it. That's part of the reason we didn't really feel like trading (though we were never approached to my knowledge other than the moonbbad april fools joke).

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I wonder what Moon offered me for...

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Same here. I think the only one we've been approached about trading is Wick36 and he's a hell of a player. Plus, I've known him since day 1 on this site, so that helps lol.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

He offered a bag of peanuts, but they weren't salted so we didn't take it.