Season II / Mid-Season AFC PlayOff Watch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ferocious, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Mid
    Season
    PlayOff Watch
    At the time of this writing

Alright PMFL here goes the official Playoff Watch straight from the musky smell of the gridiron. This is a mid-season playoff watch with two more coming as the season progresses…So let’s look at how teams are looking at the half way mark.

AFC
    Teams with a strong jockstrap:

Colts (soxgators) 8-0: All I can say is WOW!!! Can anybody, I mean anybody beat this team???? Well like last season, this team is whooping ass and taking names. So expect them to win the AFC and most likely the PMFL bowl in back to back seasons.

Patriots (Jaaged) 7-1: This team is making some noise in the AFC, going on a 5 game winning streak and 2-0 on their division. Expect this team to make it deep in the playoffs and possibly get to face the Colts in the Championship game.

Teams holding on to their G-String:

Browns (LtJustice) 4-4: Well in a struggling AFC North, at an even .500 this team is fighting to win the division along with the Ravens. Having split their series with the Ravens, all that will stop this team from winning the division and a playoff spot is their remaining tuff schedule. Prediction: They keep ahead of the Ravens to win the division and a playoff spot.

Ravens (dreadhawk36) 4-4: Like the Browns, this team will have to fight hard to get into the postseason. But having a slight easier remaining schedule than the Browns might help them move on to the postseason. Only time will tell. Prediction: They miss winning the division and playoffs by one game.

AFC WEST TEAMS: Well had to put all these below teams in the same category since it seems that there is no dominant team in that division. That division is up for grabs even for the last place team in standings the Chiefs with a 3-5 record. Who wins it? Who knows becuz some teams look good vs elite teams and then end up loosing to below average teams. But it will be a good division to watch till the end since it’s gonna come down to the wire.
    Broncos (PepperNY) 4-4
    Raiders (dablackpope) 4-4
    Chargers (hulk_hagen55) 4-5
    Chiefs (ndcolts1979) 3-5

Jets (ThaFuture) 6-2: The Jets are fighting to stay within reach of their division leaders the Patriots. Having to play them twice in the next half of the season should clearly give us an idea if this Jets team will be winning the division or if they will be fighting for a wildcard. But that road will be very hard as they will face a 4-3 Dolphins team and 5-3 Giants team before facing their division leader for the first time. Prediction: They get to the playoffs via wildcard.

Jaguars (AveryB) 5-3: This team is really come along way, but along with the Jets they too are looking to keep pace with a strong Colts team. But they should not be worrying about the Colts as I don’t think anybody in PMFL can stay with them. But they should be looking out for the Jets and Dolphins to fight for those two wildcard spots. Prediction: They miss the playoffs by a small margin.

Dolphins (Miki1369) 4-3-1: Just like their division partners the Jets, they are chasing a strong Patriots team. But their focus should go to the Jets and getting pass by them, becuz this AFC wildcard spots are gonna be hard to get. Prediction: They get the last wildcard spot, with the AFC East sending 3 teams to the playoffs.

Teams below are fighting to stay alive and above .500. My guess in this strong AFC is that if any of these teams loose one more than likely are out of playoff contention. So a hard road ahead is in line for these teams.

Bills (Pittrocks43) 4-4
    Texans (madsmartdude) 4-4
    Titans (Bradkaz96) 4-4

Can’t officially say it, but these teams below are out and should be looking in to next season and the draft.

Bengals (elvisrulz) 2-6
    Steelers (willsT24) 1-7

Well PMFL that wraps up the AFC playoff watch, as you can see the only safe teams here are the top 2 spots. After that is all in the hands of the Coaches and their respective teams. But like I said, it’s not over till the fat lady sings……

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff once again, Alonso! make sure to put this up as a blog on XFN as a "league headline" as well!

@ferocious

3. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I never seen my name in lights before.I like it..:thumbsup:

4. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Good Stuff