Season One Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by IrishBearcat, Dec 4, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Especially for user games, post em up!

• Like Like x 1
  2. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Army Comes From Behind to Win At Home!
    [​IMG]
    Senior RB #1 Raymond Maples Runs, 200+ Yards
    [​IMG]

Statement from the head coach (Matt Brown): "We really fought in this game and it didn't come easy. I am proud of how far we have come in just a few short months since I arrived here. We have a long way to go but I could not be happier with our win today."

Army improves to 1-0 on the season and will travel to Ball State next week in hopes to stay undefeated. Go Army!​

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Huge win for the San Jose State Spartans this week! The Spartans aimed to send a message to the rest of the Shake 'n Bake league with a big 45-19 win over UAB. Coach Erwin was quoted after the game saying, "This goes to show any team in this league that wants to step to the Spartans will get their what's coming to them. David Fales is one of the best quarterbacks in the country and he's told me, personally, that he plans to prove that this year. You saw what he did out there today! Expect him to play like that, and better, from here on out! Go Spartans!" GG UofCWildcat

• Like Like x 2
  4. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

VanTubbergen runs for his life as he scores the game winner
    Western Michigan - 35

Michigan State - 28

The Broncos got the ball first in this one. On VanTubbergens first pass he was flushed from the pocket and took off. As expected he was creamed and fumbled. Coach Masler felt like MSU was going to tear him a new one but something woke up inside WMU when the LB picked off Andrew Maxwell. Minutes later TE Mussman would catch a TD to put WMU up 7-0. HB Chance would score next to put WMU up 14-0 on the Spartans. But Andrew Maxwell made sure they finally made some noise with a 56 yard RO TD. The Broncos would score gain before halftime to make it 21-7. With the entire college football world suddenly following this one, the Broncos would not disappoint as they scored again to go up by 21 and Spartan Stadium was dead silent. Nick Hill would take off for 49 yards near the end of the third to close the gap but VanTubbergens scrambling TD would be the deciding score. MSU would score twice before the end of this one but fell short on the onside and WMU would drain the clock.

Probably the programs biggest win ever and it comes under the guidance of a Spartan.

Stats

T. VanTubbergen - 24/31, 271 yards, 2 TD, 14 Att, 52 yards, 4.6 ypc, 1 TD
    B. Fields - 20 Att, 92 yards, 4.6 ypc, 1 TD, 3 Rec, 18 yards, 1 TD
    D. Chance - 9 Att, 60 yards, 6.6 ypc, 1 TD
    C. Mussman - 4 Rec, 53 yards, 1 TD
    D. Bozeman - 2 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

• Like Like x 3
  5. IrishBearcat

Wow great win Masler. Talk about making a splash in Michigan coming out of the gates!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thanks. I can really feel that WMU is a low rated team, they feel slow. I literally had to use all three downs to get the first most drives, a couple I used all four because I didn't trust my kicker.

7. IrishBearcat

Always bitter-sweet beating your favorite team too. Oh well, you'll fix them once you get there, right? :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

[​IMG]
    Dixon Fills in, Does Work!
    [​IMG]

Statement from the head coach(Matt Brown): "We looked good on offense, I wish I could say the same for our defense. We will recruit to build out defense and makes some adjustments this week in practice. It was a good win, but we need to improve on the defensive side of the ball.

Army will host #4 Stanford as they look to improve to 3-0.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeGeNd RiPs

You actually face me next week...

10. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

I have u week 4

11. LeGeNd RiPs

My bad. You're just next on my schedule. I've got a bye next week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LeGeNd RiPs

13. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

West Point, NY - Army falls to #4 Stanford in a Defensive Battle 31-28
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Army was down by 14 in the middle of the 4th with about 4 minutes left to play, army drive down and scored and then recovered a fumble on an onside kick getting the ball back and scoring again with about 1 minute left in the game. Stanford worked their way down to the 27 with only seconds to spare setting up the FG that would win the game with only 1 second left army would have one last shot and they came up short, handing the W to Stanford!
    Statement from the Head Coach(Matt Brown) "The work we put in this past week in practice really showed out there today. Our guys left it all on the field and have no reason to hang their heads. I mean we played toe to toe with one of the best teams in the nation and we were tied at the half! We didn't give up and we had a chance to win the game but we came up short and could not convert when our defense forced multiple 3 and outs. I have no complaints and I still think we are the better team. I want the FBS to know that we're coming and we will not go down without a fight!

Army falls to 2-1 on the year and will host an impressive 2-0 San Jose State team in week 4. See you next week Army Nation!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  14. mboda

mboda Walk On

[​IMG]

UL Lafayette earned their 2nd win of the year with 56-35 shootout win over New Mexico. Both offenses were clicking throughout the game but the difference of the game was the 3 interceptions by UL Lafayette defense. The Ragin' Cajun offense was very impressive as they only faced 3 third downs on the day and converted all three.

UL Lafayette QB Terrance Broadway had another big game as he was 15/18 for 279 yards and 3 TDs and 1 Int. He also added 81 yards on 8 carries on the ground.

The Ragin' Cajuns look carry their momentum with them next week as go on the road to challenge Western Michigan.

GG Kaizer2310

• Like Like x 1
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

Schaffer runs over one while slipping past another simultaneously
    WMU - 28

#7 Oregon - 44

The Ducks were all over the Broncos early and that would be enough, even with Western putting up 21 points in the fourth quarter. We just could not get any offense or defense to do much of anything for the first three quarters and a suddenly burst in the fourth just doesn't win games when you are down by 30. At least our offense did wake up and show some good potential and VanTubbergen was able to put the ball where it needed to be on his way to 358 yards passing with 4 TDs (1 INT).

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeGeNd RiPs

San Jose State Wins Again!!

[​IMG]

QB David Fales had a huge game, throwing for 5 touchdowns.

This week, the San Jose State Spartans traveled to West Point to face a red hot Army squad. Coach Erwin was heard before the game talking to his team. "We've gotta go out there with a real chip on our shoulders' guys. These guys have been playing really well and probably should've beaten the #4 team in the nation last week. They're gonna give us a game. No one in the country is giving us any credit for the record we've established thus far and, I don't know about you guys, but that pisses me off! So, go out there and kick their asses like they're dating your mom!" These, interesting, words of encouragement obviously lit a fire under the Spartans because they played extremely well today! Good Game matthew34brown! I look forward to next year man!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeGeNd RiPs

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Will do one when I'm laying down tonight. Got my first win as a coach and it was at a top twenty five teams home field. Hopefully that turns the season around. Unfortunately the best time I had to visit for all my recruits is vs Papa Perry next week... So I think I'm losing all my recruiting battles

• Like Like x 1
  19. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

VanTubbergen accounted for five scores today
    Western Mich - 41

Kent St - 21

Broncos started off slow in this one going down 7-3 early but a 24 point outburst quieted those doubts. The Golden Flashes were able to put a couple of drives together near the end but each time they did, star QB VanTubbergen would make sure the score stayed out of reach. He would throw a couple of picks on the day but they were overshadowed by his two passing and three rushing TDs. The defense also played their asses off with three interceptions and some nice sacks.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LeGeNd RiPs

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Blazers Sizzle Out the Owls Hot Start
    UAB: 31
    FAU: 24

UAB upset the undefeated Owls in Birmingham with a late TD run by the Fullback. UAB was dominate all day in front of a hand full of recruits who have all expressed interest to sign in the next two weeks including a huge 77 overall Athlete. UAB dominated on offense finally getting the running game going. It was a tough day as Reeves was knocked out early and could not continue on the game. But Franklin stepped in big and helped the Blazers rack up over 100 yards on the ground. But Austin Brown was his usual self at QB and needs more recognition from LeGeNd RiPs for the SnB MVP. He is quietly been an amazing QB. Doesn't make too many mistakes and is a constant for the UAB Blazers. FAU did have a good day as they had two 100 yard kick returns to keep them into the game but it wasn't enough. Their offense struggled and the UAB linebackers were all over the field and usered 3 ints. For the league: if ya don't know, I'm a pretty good user. Take note. UAB will finish their SnB trials with the Brethren Bowl vs Irishbearcat. GG Papa Perry I just got hot early and didn't stop. Good luck the rest of the way

• Like Like x 1
  22. LeGeNd RiPs

His TD to INT ratio is what's killing him in the MVP race. Lol

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

VanTubbergen lead the Broncos to a large lead and was pulled in the third
    Western Michigan - 38

Toledo - 0

Facing one of the better teams in the MAC, the Broncos came in and punched them square in the face. Toledo could not complete a pass all day while the Western offense ran with great efficiency. VanTubbergen did throw a silly pick under a pass that had literally no power to it and it wounded ducked right to a defender. Other than that he was awesome on his way to POTG honors but the real stars was the entire defense as they prevented any points from getting on Toledo's board. Our starters were pulled after 2 and a half quarters and the backups lead the rest of the way.

Stats

T. VanTubbergen - 13/23, 191 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 7 Att, 66 yards, 9.4 YPC, 1 TD
    B. Fields - 15 Att, 101 yards, 6.7 YPC, 1 TD
    D. Braverman - 6 Rec, 72 yards, 1 TD
    D. Bozeman - 5 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
    K. Bailey - 3 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack

• Like Like x 1
  24. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Army squeezes by Eastern Michigan 42-38 in West Point
    [​IMG]
    Army's Larry Dixon wants Eastern Michigan defender to talk to the hand
    [​IMG]

Army improves to 4-2 on the season and will travel to Boca Raton, FL next Saturday to face a fierce Florida Atlantic team who will be hungry after they suffered their first loss this past weekend. Until next time... Go Amry!

• Like Like x 2
  25. LeGeNd RiPs

Go Amry! Lmao

• Like Like x 1