Season One Home Stretch

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

We're closing in on the end of season one. Let's take a team-by-team look at how the season has gone.

Alabama:

Bama is sitting at 8-3 with just rival Auburn left to play. A win there would put the Crimson Tide into the SEC title game where they would face Georgia. Early losses to Michigan, Boise and Tennessee had the fans wondering where the program was heading, but the Tide turned things around with a huge win at LSU and a blowout win over A&M.

H2H: 1-1
    Progression: Bama is sitting pretty at 6-stars with minimal risk of finishing outside the top 15.

Auburn:

There have been few bright spots for Auburn (4-7) this year, who will not be bowling this holiday season. Their QBs have combined to throw a remarkable 38 INTs and they managed to lose 65-10 to LSU (with 15 turnovers, 8 INTs, 1 fumble and 6 failed 4th down attempts) in front of their home crowd. They would struggle against the mighty Ole Miss in a similar fashion (8 INTs, 2 fumbles and 5 failed 4th down attempts) in a 58-7 loss a few weeks later.

Progression: I think it's safe to say that Auburn will be starting season 2 as a 5-star program.

Florida:

The Gators got off on the wrong foot and struggled to right the ship. After firing their technology director, the team may have found new life. A recent win over rival Miami has the team at 5-6 with just rival FSU to play for both bragging rights and a chance to play in a bowl game. Considering the team's 1-5 start, a 6-6 finish looks pretty solid.

H2H: 1-1 (if you count the partial game against MSU)
    Progression: It looks like UF will also be dropping down a star to compete as a 5-star school next year.

Miami:

The Hurricanes (8-3) have been up and down while struggling in their user games. Losses to Auburn, Notre Dame and Florida have overshadowed an otherwise solid campaign. Miami still leads their division will play some other shitty team from the ACC in their CCG.

H2H: 0-3
    Progression: Da U has no shot at their 6th star and minimal risk of finishing outside the top 25, which makes star #5 very safe.

Michigan:

The Wolverines (11-0) are surging ahead on their banner season. With key wins over Bama, MSU and Nebraska, Michigan is heading into rivalry weak with an unblemished record. They'll need to win (what should be) back-to-back games against Ohio State to complete their trip to the National Title game.

H2H: 2-0
    Progression: Michigan is a solid 6 right now with no risk of losing anything.

Michigan State:

The Spartans (7-4) have played good D, but their offense has been a train-wreck. MSU lost in frustrating fashion to Notre Dame and Ohio State in consecutive games and then later Michigan and Nebraska. JR QB Andy Maxwell has thrown 11 TDs and 21 INTs - many of which were returned for scores.

H2H: 1-3 (if you count the partial against UF)
    Progression: The Spartans are at #24 and need to jump 9 spots to #15 to earn their 5th star. They are going to need some help and the big slate of games in week 13 just might get them within striking distance by their bowl game.

Notre Dame:

The Irish have been terrorizing their opponents all year on their way to an 11-0 record. No team has had a more challenging path and no team has made a stronger statement that they belong atop the field. With quality wins over Florida, Michigan State, Miami, Stanford, BYU and Oklahoma, the Irish have made their case. They do, however, have one small test remaining ... at #3 USC in week 13.

H2H: 4-0
    Progression: ND is an elite program with no risk of losing any ground.

Ohio State:

The Buckeyes (8-2) started slow with early and consecutive losses to Cal and Alabama. They turned things around with wins 6 straight wins and a possible win over Wisconsin. Despite the apparent success, turmoil is brewing in Columbus where the NCAA has descended like locusts to figure out what is happening with an apparent "severe lack of institutional control". Watch out for the hammer. It's big and painful.

Progression: The Bucks are still pretty at 6 stars, but the possibility of two consecutive games against Michigan, a restarted game against Wisconsin and a big hammer looming could threaten a top-15 finish for the Bucks. Moderate risk of losing a star.

Oregon:

The Ducks have thrived, once again, with a team that is "rebuilding", "not very fast" and "not very good". Despite all of their inadequacies, the Ducks managed to eek out an 11-1 record with their only loss coming against USC in a double-OT thriller.

H2H: 3-1
    Progression: The Ducks are already an elite school and have no risk of dropping out of the top-15, which should help with their perpetual rebuilding.

Stanford:

The Trees have, once again, quietly worked their way into the hunt. Stanford is the only team to beat USC this year, but struggled against Notre Dame and Washington. At 8-2 with a HUGE game against Oregon in week 12, the Trees could be on their way to the Pac 12 title game with an outside shot at the national title game (with some help from USC or Ohio State).

H2H: 1-2
    Progression: Sitting at 5 stars, the Trees have a shot to earn number 6 if they finish strong. Even with a catastrophic finish, they have almost no risk of losing their 5 star.

USC:

The Trojans have shocked the nation with their performance this year. They stumbled against Stanford, but have won the rest to find themselves clinching the Pac12 South with a 10-1 record. They have a huge game left against rival Notre Dame before facing Oregon or Stanford in the P12 title game.

H2H: 2-1
    Progression: USC could shit the bed and lose their 6th star, but that would take an 0-3 finish to the season. Look for USC to win 2 of those final three and stay among the nation's elite.

Washington:

The Huskies started strong at 4-0, but have struggled at 3-4 since then with close losses to Oregon and USC and bad losses to Oregon State and Utah. The Huskies finish with rival WSU and should head into bowl season at 8-4.

H2H: 1-2
    Progression: Ranked near 35, the Huskies are out of contention for moving up to 5 stars. They'll need to finish strong to avoid slipping back to three stars.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Nice work, Broggy.

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great write up mark

4. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Damn what did CeeGee do? I'm missing all kinds of shit!

5. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

I didn't do anything... The "restart" vs Wisconsin was documented with a photo that I posted in the chat... It was a tie game 10-10 in the 2nd quarter...

As for the other stuff? I'm not sure. I run the 425, so obviously it should go without saying that my 2 starting SS's are going to have better "numbers" that a traditional SS would in a traditional defense... If that's going to be an issue, I'll adjust accordingly.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

With the recruiting class the Hurricanes had this year and minimal turnover the U will be a team to reckon with in the 2013 season.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Didnt realize there was 11 teams in online dynasty this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

He was too busy driving the bus over CeeGee.

:D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Sorry Russ. My egregious oversight has been corrected.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I wasn't trying to be the messenger, but ...

• Like Like x 1