Season One NFC MVP Award Debate

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by kdpnutter, Oct 17, 2013.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Currently on there console the top two candidates are QB Cam Newton and HB Marshawn Lynch, if others would like to put others up for debate instead of these two please feel free too in this thread. This is where a case can be made for both and eventually a vote on MVP for the NFC and roughly for the AFC also can be made.

Marshawn Lynch currently leads the NFL in rushing, averaging about 130 yards a game. Lynch is the cog that makes this offense go, Stevie Johnson sees his biggest success after teams begin to try to shut down Lynch and leads to some good play action plays down the field. The running game helps control the clock and keep the Seahawks defense which is a top five defense relatively fresh while wearing down another defense. Lynch's performance has give Reggie Turbin a lot of carries also this year and some work. Beast mode continually falls forward gaining extra yards which frustrates defenses and tires them out.

I will provide some more stats when I get on the console but Lynch is also a threat out of the backfield and up being a dual threat helps keep pressure off Russell Wilson and without beast mode would lead a huge gaping hole in the best rushing attack in TLY.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Lynch is a beast.

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

My vote goes to Lynch as well. We couldn't stop him in Minnesota, although he did have what could have been a costly fumble late in the 4th quarter had we been able to punch in a 2-pt conversion. Sam Bradford the MVP for the Vikings this season, but considering he played half his season with the Rams I can't really put him on the NFC MVP ballot. RG3 should definitely be in the discussion as well...

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Had AP not gotten hurt I could see a hot debate between Lynch and Peterson for best back in the NFC. If and it's a big big if Lynch stays with me for next year then it could be very interesting. I could look to deal Lynch in the offseason, on, I have two really good backs behind him in Turbin and Michael that getting I some good trade value for him maybe best especially after coming off this great season.

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I'd go with Lynch right now, i think tied in lead league with rushing TDs and slightly ahead of DMAC in rushing yards.

Unless Lynch gets hurt, its a no brainer to me at this point.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Cam cheese!!!!

RG3 needs to bring it last 4 games of the season to be in the discussion. I don't think Madden puts too much stock in leaving the league in pass TDs, completion % and rating.

I think Lynch takes MVP when it's all said and done.

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

It does, unless i saw it incorrectly, cam's numbers didnt look that great, maybe i was looking at another statline.

Ill have to say this though, its time to man up and get the accuracy down from 8. Pryor's completion rate is 75%, do i like? yes, but come on son!

• Like Like x 3
  8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Let's go with 4 or 5. Every QB has a high completion percent. I want having Brady to actually mean something. lOL

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I think people will hate 4, i prefer it, but research of done with other leagues outside of TSO put it at 5 as an agreeable middle ground.

4 rating, i think the accuracy is fine, its when you start using the lead pass, you are going to get fucked which i think is great. 5 i think plays very similar to default from my testing.

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Id prefer some amount of lead passing ability even if it means higher completion %

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

5 is good. I don't lead pass so maybe that's why I don't notice as much.

12. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Definitely not doing 4, that's what we started with an the first couple of games where a nightmare, I got immediate feedback about it. I think that's what TMFL was using as well and a lot of them complained about it too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Are we going to make the change to 5? Even though I am loving the current setting with Dalton, a missed pass or two wouldn't bother me at all.

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Not going to make any more changes until after the season