Season One Previews - Looking for Volunteers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Season One Previews - Looking for Volunteers

Hey folks. I think it would be great if we could blatantly steal an idea that Trad I has going on - season previews of the user teams in each conference, each written by someone in that conference. I'm going to go ahead and volunteer AG and myself for our conferences :D

It would be great if these would be followed up by mid-season and post-season reports.

Big Ten Preview - Writer: Archie Griffin
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame] Format is open but the more detail the better.

Big 12 Preview - Writer: ???
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma] Format is open but the more detail the better.

PAC-10 Preview - Writer: ???
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [USC, Oregon, UCLA] Format is open but the more detail the better.

Big East Preview - Writer: Razcalking
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Cincinnati, USF] Format is open but the more detail the better.

ACC Preview - Writer: ???
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [Florida State, North Carolina, Miami] Format is open but the more detail the better.

SEC Preview - Writer: ???
    Idea: Give a preview of each of the user teams [Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia] Format is open but the more detail the better.

OFFL-West Recruiting - Writer(s): Archie Griffin, ???
    Idea: Would start with a mid-season report on the most heated recruiting battles and top signings; Top Recruit tracking

OFFL-East Recruiting - Writer(s): Razcalking, ???
    Idea: Would start with a mid-season report on the most heated recruiting battles and top signings; Top Recruit tracking

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good Idea. I can kick in a few recruiting things here and there. I'll duplicate my top ten list, and grow it, maybe to fifty, maybe higher, since it will not change much. Pu me down for the writer on that one. Probably do it in the forums, and pull some text for an article every few weeks.

Sound about right?

AG

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Good stuff. I really like the way you did the Recruit tracking, so I'm up for doing the same thing for the East.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sample Big Ten Preview (text only)

This is a sample of what a conference preview might look like. Imagine pics, team logos, and such added in.

OFFL-West 2008 Season Preview

Big Ten Preview

The Big Ten of years past has typically been decided between Ohio State and Michigan, with other teams challenging every few years. This year may be different. With Michigan rebuilding under a new coach, and Ohio State failing again in another BCS Championship game, the traditional powerhouses look more vulnerable than they have ever been. Could this be the year in which the Big Two are unseated?

Ohio State will rely on Senior leadership on both sides of the ball. The defense will succeed or fail based on the play of Senior linebackers James Laurinaitis and Marcus Freeman, and a secondary led by senior cornerback Malcolm Jenkins. On offense, junior running back and Heisman candidate Beanie Wells will be the focus of the offense, while senior quarterback Todd Boeckman will try to hold onto his job and keep freshman sensation Tyrelle Pryor off the field, for now. Coach Griffin may not have the dominant squad of past seasons, but there’s enough to challenge for the Big Ten title, we think.

Michigan is a team in transition. With a new coach, and after suffering the transfer pains that sometimes come along with installing a new system, Coach Blitz will rely on his defense to keep the Wolverines in the hunt this year. With the top eight or nine prospects on the Wolverines’ roster all playing on the defensive side of the ball, headlined by defensive ends Brandon Graham and Tim Jamison, the Wolverines hope to overcome their inexperience with the new offense and challenge for the title. On offense, look for freshman speedster Sam McGuffie to begin what will surely be a sterling career by leaving many a defender in his wake. We expect big things from the youngster.

The best challenger on paper would have to be the Penn State Nittany Lions, who come in loaded on offense, and with one of the best defensive lines in the nation. If senior quarterback can get the ball that talented receiving corps, Penn State could put up some big numbers this year. Maybe big enough for a trip to the Rose Bowl.

But our dark horse pick for the Big Ten would have to be the Michigan State Spartans, and for one reason. They have a Ringer. Javon Ringer, that is – perhaps the most versatile and productive back in the nation makes East Lansing his home, and he just might be enough to carry the Spartans to the title. If nothing else, he will be enough to make it a fun race to watch. Coach JC may just be win his first Big Ten title if Ringer can stay healthy.

Other strong challenges could be mounted by Iowa and Wisconsin, who each have spectacular running backs, Shon Greene and P.J. Hill, respectively, but these teams will likely end up somewhere near the middle of the pack, as neither seems to have enough to challenge. They’ll probably make it to bowl games, but the BCS is not likely in their future.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am not going to have time to do the Pac-10 so someone else is going to have to step up to the plate. Whoever is going to do it, PM me and I will let you know who my QB, HB, WRs, and defensive studs are.

Put me down for helping AG with the West's recruiting (mid-season, off-season) report.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Let me check in after tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am going to Mt. Carmal Hospital in Columbus to visit my best friend and his wife (who just had cancer surgery).

I might be able to do the Pac-10 tomorrow night, depends on how long my wife and I are there.