Season One Schedules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Season One Schedules

I haven't looked at the schedules just yet, but here are my thoughts:

1: I'm not really concerned with having a large or equal number of user games. Conference championship games always unbalance things anyway. I want realistic schedules. Within that framework, some guys might play more user games than others. This depends on how things shake out, and who wants more user games. I do, however, want users to play each other, and will not allow any schedules to consist of only CPU teams.

2: The focus here is on competitive games each week. I'm thinking of a tougher CPU during conference play, and even more so at bowl time. I'll be experimenting with tweaks as the season progresses, and implementing them as we go. If we are the only ones beating each other, then I'm not doing my job. (Note: I am less concerned with this in year one. I will be more concerned with it as we progress. It keeps the game new and interesting. If I do it right, we'll be just as worried about scheduling a powerful CPU team as another user.)

3: Cupcakes are fine, but we're not playing any FCS teams. If you have one on your schedule, you may suggest a replacement. If that team is available, you'll probably get them. If not, I'll assign a regional smaller school or interesting old rival, whichever looks like fun at the time.

4: Tie goes to the available player. If an advance deadline passes, and a user game is not played, the first available player will get the CPU. If I determine that one player or another has been more accommodating than the other about scheduling a time to play, that player will get the CPU. This is why we schedule here - I will judge by the public record in the forum. Stories of off-site contact will not be a part of my determination. I'll go with what I can see. If I'm unable to make a determination, the game gets simmed, and we roll the dice.

5: I never want to apply the rules outlined in number 4. Let's just not ever need them.

That's about all I got for the moment.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll take users on weeks 1,2 and 4. Home or away doesn't matter but I'd like to have at least a 2 year series with each and exchange home games. Mich, Ohio St. and Florida State would be cool. I don't care about winning a Nat' title this season. I want to have fun.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

i'm new to the 12 person ODs but i must admit a little sadness with the lack of sim/realistic-ness of not sticking to actual schedules for season one :( i understand the no fcs teams but darn on the other. oh well. no biggie.

give me a regional quasi-cupcake in place of my fcs team archie! thanks!

p.s. i'm not sure i have any user-user games not that i think about it. not unless fsu mans up and meets me in the final! alas, playing others is part of the fun. who wants a piece?

4. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Wow...the Noles getting called out already...haha!

I don't mind a couple user games each season, but 2 is about as much as I want to deal with. I only say this from the point of view of trying to get user vs user games scheduled. Trust me when I say that more than 2-3 user vs user games can be a pain when it comes to trying to get guys to get those games in sometimes.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's one of the reasons for the way I like to do things. I find that the more user games I schedule, the more drama I deal with. Maybe we'll get through a quick year one with default schedules, as long as everybody has at least one. I'll have to see how it shakes out.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am good either way. I have a weird work schedule sometimes and more CPU games and less user games is always better scheduling wise. I will find a way to get my user games scheduled regardless.

I am from Louisiana so having LSU on my schedule would be a big plus.