Season One (W1)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by majesty95, Jul 19, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Omg you surely don't want hear how I was robbed of a victory! I was down 6 (41-35) with 20 seconds left in the redzone. I called a slant from about the 8...my guy catches it and scores and I go up by one...or I thought I did,..they call a review...he was clearly down at the one...they start the clock with seconds 15 left and I have no timeouts...but the screen to pick a play doesn't pop up until it gets to ten....so i pick a play quickly and randomly because otherwise I wouldnt have gotten it off....the play was some dumb screen type play and i lose!!! Its going to be a long season.

Ok Rant Over

[​IMG]
    Southern Miss loses to Texas State (WTF?) 41-35
    "I don't know how we came out so flat," said Coach Thames in his first post game interview of the season. Thames blamed himself for the teams poor performance but this writer wonders if the cupboard the previous head coach left was too bare. At the end of the day Coach Thames put them in a position to when even with poor play from the quarterback position. In a twist, Thames pulled the proverbial starter RS Junior Cole Meeks and replaced him with RS soph Ricky Lloyd. Thames suggested that LLoyd had a better week of practice and seemed to command the respect and attention of his teammates. Although Lloyd threw 3 interceptions, Coach Thames stayed with him and when it counted Lloyd proved the coach right. Lloyd rebounded throwing for nearly 300 yards and 3 TDs. The coach also made a bold move by starting Sophomore HB Tyre Bracken over Senior HB Kendrick Hardy. When asked about the move the coach stoically responded, "we will use both guys. One guy is North -South Guy and One is an East-West Guy. After we went down early we needed an East-West Guy." Although the offense turned the ball over, Thames was more concerned with the defense. "Our defense has to get locked in. That offense shredded us and things are not going to get any easier," said Thames. It is clear almost winning is not good enough for Thames. Next up: Troy. ​
    TXst​
    T. Arndt 19-24 245yds 2TD, 17 Car 122 2TDS rushing​
    I. Battle 6 rec 95yards TD​
    T. Garrett 12 Tackles 1 Int​
    Southern Miss​
    Ricky Lloyd 25-37 327 3TD, 3int​
    Sullivan 6 rec 98 yards TD​
    Tyree Bracken 11 Car 57 yards TD, 8 KR 225 yards​

• Like Like x 1
  3. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

GAME OF THE YEAR NOMINEE!!!!
    IDAHO OUTLASTS LOUISIANA TECH 34-28 IN TRIPLE OVERTIME THRILLER!
    [​IMG]
    It took three overtime periods, but the Idaho Vandals came up with a miraculous win beating the LA Tech Bulldogs 34-28. The game started off very slow as the first drives for both teams ate up the entire first quarter. The Vandals would take an early 7-0 lead as the second quarter began and would hold that lead going into the half. In this game we also saw our first huge mistake by the officiating crew as the Vandals were denied the chance to use their final timeout of the first half which could have allowed Idaho to go into the locker room with a 10-0 lead. The defensive battle would continue well into the third quarter but a late TD scamper by Tech QB Paul Harris would tie the game at 7 leading into the fourth quarter. With only three minutes remaining Harris would find the endzone again on a 15yd run and gave the Bulldogs a 14-7 lead, but the Vandals would not be out done as they drove all the way down to the 1yd line before HB Kristoffer Olugbode would finally punch it in for his first of three TDs on the game bringing the game to a 14-14 tie with less than a minute remaining, but the excitement wasn't over yet as the Bulldogs came out swinging, they quickly drove down into FG range with only a few seconds remaining but the Vandals coaching staff would successfully "freeze" the Bulldogs' kicker and the missed opportunity would carry the game into OT.​
    The Bulldogs won the toss and elected to start on defense. Both teams showed great determination as they matched each other stride for stride thru the first two OT periods. Idaho would start the third OT on offense and find pay dirt yet again. The Vandals elected to try for two points a move that could have spelled disaster as the Bulldogs were able to stuff the play and prevent the conversion, but the Vandal defense would come up huge as CB Delency Parham saved the game intercepting a pass to the endzone and giving the Idaho Vandals a win that their new head coach will not soon forget.​

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

TEMPLE STARTS STRONG, LEAVES ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT​
    TEMPLE WINS 28 - 16​
    Matt Rhule and the Owls had a great start to the 2013 season, yet there is still much room for improvement. Temple started off with methodical drive that ended with a 6 yard TD rush by Kenny Harper. While The Owls showed flashes of excellence on the field, they just seemed to not be able to finish drives. One interception and one missed Field Goal took away to promising looking scoring opportunities. However, late in the 3rd quarter Jaime Gilmore, stepping in while Harper was banged up on the sideline, ignited the Owls with a 59 yard touchdown dash. This was later followed up by an interception and 11 yard TD run by QB Connor Reily. ​
    The Defense also started strong, getting a sack on the first play. They shut out the Blazers until the end of the 1st Quarter when UAB got a touchdown off a 37 yard pass. UAB was able to score 9 more unanswered points in the 3rd Quarter, missing one PAT. However, The defense got a spark off a quick INT after getting within 2 points of the Blazers. The Owls kept the Blazers off the scoreboard in the fourth sealing the win 28-16. ​

• Like Like x 1
  6. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

sorry totally forgot to do one, I spent most of my time trying to figure out that bug we came across is Chompions

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

Jonesboro, AR

In a game that was very evenly matched Arkansas State pulled out the win at home over Utah State. Coach Hight said that he wasnt to pleased with his D-back play as USU threw for over 300yards. But he was ecstatic how his team wn the turnover battle. Hight also wants a ball control offense, but Adam Kennedy and David Oku had other ideas. ASU had the ball for only 28 plays but managed to put up 333 yards of total offense(over 11 yards per play). On the other hand USU ran 66 plays for 450 yards(6 yards play). That was the difference in the 45-26 win. Next up for the Red Wolves is a week 2 bye

• Like Like x 1