Season Opener: Titans 40 - Steelers 20

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NatiSaint, Sep 1, 2009.

1. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Season Opener: Titans 40 - Steelers 20

Pittsburgh, PA - The Tennessee Titans showed the defending superbowl champion, Pittsburgh Steelers that they were a force to be reckoned with. In a game that started off fairly slow, the Tennessee Titans set the place on fire and left Pittsburgh with the first win of the Madden 2010 Season.

The first score of the game was on a Willie Parker, 1 YD Run, that made the game look as if it was going to be determined by methodical drives. Chris Johnson showed that he was not going to be outdone, and rushed for FOUR touchdowns and 291 yards, overshadowing Willie Parkers 77 yard, 1 touchdown day.

As far as passing was concerned, Ben Roethlisberger doubled Vince Young in passing, but was picked off 3 times, Twice by Hope and once by Cortland Finnegan. Vince Young and the Titans didn't turn over any the entire game.

With the Time of Possession leaning in favor of the titans, it's no wonder they walked away with a win - but the Pittsburgh Steelers didn't quit. They continued to fight and even after going down by an unruly amount, they made the game respectable.

Chris Johnson and the Titans look to establish themselves as a power house with the help of Coach NatiSaint, but Coach Hookie and the Steelers will have alot to prove going into week two.

((Great Game Hookie, I enjoyed every bit of it... you are a true baller.))

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

is that a single game rushing record?

3. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

It is not - Adrian Peterson still holds the record with like 298... I was 7 shy of it because I took CJ out and let Lendale white rush - didn't realize it until after the game...

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Grats Nate, I played a ranked game Vs the titans the other night, and the guy passed 3 times it think, the rest of the time all he did was Motion run Johnson, I have no clue how you are supposed to stop that.
    Goes to show ya that Speed still kills.

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Don't wanna give out my gameplan but this game was alot of just pound it out on the ground. Up the middle and break a few - Johnson is a spectacular player in this game, but the defense is great too...

I love rushing the ball - in another dynasty I am in - I have the bengals and Cedric Benson averages 120 yards a game.

Now I demand you all to play the run so I can throw all day!!! haha

6. ChickenOfTheSea

Yeah, i was mad at this random I Playedbecause he was running sweeps, then about the 10th straight run Johnson goes up the gut and hes so fast he only needs one block, its almost criminal, I Will not be looking forward to week 17. heres to hoping fragging Johnson has a broken Pelvis from all the scoring by then. .

7. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Wouldn't you feel better about giving up 150 to johnson then giving up 150 to Lendale White... I'm sure I would lol

8. ChickenOfTheSea

Yeah I'd cut myself (from the team) if First Gear White got me for 150. :eek: