Season Pass Question

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by RadarRider, Mar 23, 2012.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

So I already have the seasons pass, and I know I'll be able to get the full game tonight at midnight or at least tomorrow morning. My main question is regarding all the courses I downloaded for PGA 12: Will those courses transfer from 12 to 13 or does the abiliy to transfer downloaded files, take effect when transfering from Tiger 13 to Tiger 14?

2. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

First, if you are PS3 it will be available around 6pm and if you are xbox, it should be available in about 2 hours (right around 10am).

The other part of the question...Courses are not transferable from game to game. The courses you used for TW12 can only be used with TW12. And I'm assuming it will stay the same from game to game.

While it does suck, at least they made it in TW13 that you can play the DLC courses WITHOUT paying for them (Through rented rounds and then full unlimited play after you master the DLC course).

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Sorry I have not been able to keep up with the game information, can you please explain this a little more? Because from what remember EA said something along the lines of "If you paid for a course in Tiger Woods (yr) than you would not have to pay for the course again, as long as you have the Season pass....

4. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Not sure what that means, to be honest. I've never heard that.

This year while in game, you will be earning virtual coins. Basically in EVERY mode, online or offline. You can then use these coins to 'rent' rounds on the DLC courses. Once you Gold Master a DLC course, you unlock 'unlimited play' on that course. You are then able to play that DLC course when ever you'd like and all you've used is virtual coins. No real money.

A bit more about that is found here: http://www.ea.com/tiger-woods/blog/coins-course-mastery-boost-pins

5. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

StormJr

Thanks!

Thats actualyl kind-of-cool, almost like paying for a round of golf. I'll check the link out when I get home (Stupid IT guys locking me out of what matters most...)

• Like Like x 1
  6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This was one of the things being considered for the Season Pass, I remember them saying this as well, it hasn't materialized though for whatever reasons. So no carry over course purchases but what StormJr explained is in effect for this year so that could be a bonus. I don't know if I can gold any course though....lol

7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    this year getting gold mastery on a course it is more quantity over quality.Stuff like hole in one and 50 ft putts are replaced by 100FIR, x amounts of birdies etc

• Like Like x 1
  8. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

What xyzvld22 said...

When they had released one of the videos, they went through and showed some screens indicating the objectives. I jotted them down:

And they all stack on each other. So If you complete a Silver Objective, it starts the Gold Objective. You don't have to wait until all Silvers are done to start Gold.

Silver Objectives:
    4 Under Par Round
    4 or less Hazards in a Round
    30 Career FIRs
    40 Career GIRs
    10 Career One Putts
    50 Career Pars or Better
    15 Career Birdies or Better
    2 Career Eagles or Better

Gold Objectives
    6 Under Par Round
    Hazard Free Round
    60 Career FIRs
    80 Career GIRs
    20 Career One Putts
    100 Career Pars or Better
    30 Career Birdies or Better
    5 Career Eagles or Better

9. Vlad

Featured Threads:

In case you guys haven't noticed StormJr is as good as anyone in extracting and deducting information from whatever limited info EA releases.Now if he only figures out what's the freaking bonus course?!

10. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Aw,I was hoping to play all day today, now I gotta wait til 6:00

is that EST?

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I haven't heard that either.

You do get something like 20 percent off on the cost of all DLCs for Tiger as part of the Season Ticket as well.

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Hey now - IT guys aren't all bad!

13. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Keller

True, just blows when I cannot get onto easports, ign, gi, gamesradar, joystiq, etc to see what going on in the world on gaming. Thank GOD! I can get on this site and keep up-to-date with everyone here.

14. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

xyzvld22 Figured it out. But Darvaan on the EA boards posted it before I did.

TPC River Highlands.

I doubt EA will confirm it yet though.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  15. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Is there a PGA tourney on that? Sounds familiar

16. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Yes. The Travelers Championship in late June.

17. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I have actually been to the Travelers event there... It was like 15 minutes north of where I lived in Connecticut. Cool course, but pretty straight forward. Nothing too crazy, will be a great addition to the game.

18. jlukes

jlukes Walk On

I sure hope that all my progress on the Season Ticket version transfers over to the Collectors Edition I am buying --- they wouldn't mess that up, right?

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    AFAIK, it worked for other games. It is just a regular save file.

• Like Like x 1
  20. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

That's how I understand it as well. The only thing missing will be the extras you get with the CE (courses, practice facility, green jacket presentation)

I don't plan on playing ANY of my career this weekend, because I want to wait to have the extra courses and stuff. :D

21. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I remember now. It is pretty neat,but the tourney is kind of blah cause it follows the US Open
    My 'home' tournament now it's next week! I might go nuts and go to the pro-am and catch 'mike and mike in the morning ' live broadcast if they are doing it this year. Deff waiting on my buddy to get hooked up with some skybox tickets for Sunday and if that fells trough I'll just play golf