Season Previews/Predictions

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Where did your team get better or worse, personnel wise? Please don't include returning starters progressing as better (we all have that and it makes for a boring read)

What's your prediction for your team this year?

What's your prediction for the conference?

2. DirtycashDylan

Better:
    • QB. Randall Capps performed admirably last year while managing games and letting our D win us a national championship, but JR Sam Ross now takes over and he'll be the most dynamic weapon in the conference. (Ross-87 ovr, 98 speed, 96 agi, 99 acc, 94 elu, 92 thr power, 85 accuracy)
    • RB. Joseph had a nice SR season last year and got over 1,000 yards but Shannon Peterson now takes over after a RS year. Peterson has all the speed of Joseph and adds power. (90 ovr, 94 speed, 98 acc, 92 agi, 94 elu, 84 brk tkl, 83 carry)
    • TE. Joe Mangum comes off a redshirt for his 5th year and is rated 90 ovr now. I also added 2 fantastic freshman at 79 and 78 overall.
    Worse:
    • FB.
    • FS. Freshman Brandon Jones (79 overall) is a poor replacement for Thorpe winning Jevon Murphy.

I see us going undefeated and repeating as conference champs. Anything less will be a disappointment.

3. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

howard_university_athletics_logo965x965.jpg

Howard qbs will be counting on rSR Rico Gillett, coming off a redshirt to be their security blanket offensively. Defensively, coach q is looking for players to step in to starting roles vacated by several seniors, most importantly Jamar London will have to replace two time second team AA and All MAC MLB Daugherty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirtycashDylan

Anyone else besides Qwigly?

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Georgetown Hoyas

QB: Keon Durbin returns as an 89 OVR for his junior season. However, behind him there is nobody so if Durbin gets hurt, GTown will be in trouble.

RB: Ronald Sims enters his senior season as a 94 OVR. He's been only the second RB to start under coach Qwon as he replaced Dusty Morse when he was a redshirt frosh and started the past 4 years. Backup Clifford Smith looks to follow the same path as he is an 80 OVR and redshirting this year.

WR: The WR corps loses All-Nikpin WR Manny Webster. A tough loss, but a manageable one considering they still have true senior Chris Little. His 91 OVR and 96 SPD make him lethal. But the Hoyas don't have a legitimate 2nd option at WR.

TE: The top 3 TE's all return and are all rated in the 80's OVR. Plenty of talent and depth here.

OL: Big hit here as the Hoyas lose their start tackle and guard that were 90 and 89 OVRs. An all around solid line, but nothing special.

DT: Five guys rated in the 80's here. Four of which are sophomores or freshmen. A position of strength for several years for GTown.

DE: Another big position of strength for the Hoyas. Lonnie Norman returns along with Brad Harris for their junior seasons. Both are rated in the 80's. Behind them are true freshmen rated 80 and 79.

LB: Currently GTown is running the 4-2-5 so only two linebackers are starting and that's senior Sean Suggs and junior Marcus Hamilton both rated 85.

CB: The Hoyas return two senior All-American CBs in James Gould and Brad Hill. They combined for 15 interceptions last season and will be back for more. Behind them are a couple more 84 OVR's in senior Charles Jackson and redshirt sophomore Reggie Warren.

S: The star of the show is FS John Cook. The sophomore 88 has incredible speed and skill. Playing opposite him at SS is junior Marcel Estes who is also an 88. This talented duo will be back and better next season. Playing the 3rd safety spot is 87 OVR senior Marcus Norton who has spent his career on the bench but is finally getting his time to shine starting as a redshirt senior.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

The QB situation looks to finally be solved as SR (RS) Joe Campbell returns from a year off football. He should start every game unlike last season where I played four different QBs. My secondary and Dline improved greatly and are amongst the strongest units on my team.

11-1, with a bid to the CCG finally! If it's Brown flush it down in the CCG; Dartmouth to the NCG and all the marbles! :D