Season Previews - Year 3

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Sep 22, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Discuss your expectations for the current season.

2. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Florida - Season 3

Well coming off a sanctioned season of sims and missing out on a shot for another National Championship, the Gators bid farewell to their defensive leaders and faces of the program.

Season 3 is a year of getting familiar with new faces on Defense.
    Defensive Line:
    Clay Burton(86) will be getting the start at Right End while Ben Lawson Red-Shirt's
    Luke Arnold, the Red-Shirt Freshman, will be starting opposite of Clay. Arnold has some hype to him.
    Sharrif Floydd, Senior, will be anchoring the defensive line
    I expect the Denfensive Line to play well but it definately has some holes, and the depth is a question mark.

LineBackers:
    Darrin Kitchens, Neiron Ball, Michael Taylor and Gideon Ajagbe will be the starting Linebackers.
    Senior, Kitchens has the hefty job of replacing Jelani Jenkins at ROLB.
    I expect the Linebacker core to be the area of concern, especially against the run.

Secondary:
    Senior, Matt Elam solidifies the secondary at SS.
    (RS)Freshman John Joseph gets the nod at FS.
    Senior, Cody Riggs gets the start at CB.
    True Freshman, Beau Freeman gets the start across from Riggs. Exciting player to watch, lots of upside and I expect him to be a playermaker for years to come.

Offense:
    The Offensive is pretty similar to last year. Mack Brown steps in as the HB.
    The Gators expect alot out of last seasons' Juco Transfer, Alex Burke, in his second year at the helm of the offense. The Wideout situation has been gutted as Quinton Dunbar is now lined up outside and 2 new Wideouts start this year for Florida. Jordan Reed is still around and is expected to lead the way for the receiving core.

The offensive line expects to be the big question mark for the gators on offense.

The Gators have their eyes on another SEC crown after last years slipped away and are looking forward to their two SEC matchups vs LSU and Georgia. They also have a rematch with Nebraska this year which should be pretty exciting. All and all the Gators have high expectations and expect another double digit win's season.

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Maryland Terrapins

Offense

With Danny O'Brien returning for his Senior year I expect him to lead the offense and compete for the Heisman award. The offense will rely on O'Brien for leadership as he is one of the few seniors starting on Offense, due to the WR corps and RBs being comprised of Juniors and Sophomores. The offense is going to have to step up this year as the defense is currently rebuilding.

Defense

The defense is very young, and will look towards Senior FS Matt Robinson to set the tone on defense. DE David Mackall should have a great year rushing the passer and could see playing time at OLB in a 3-4 scheme. I'm still up in the air on which defense I want to stick with, because I can defend the pass excellent but the Running game kills me. This season will feature lots of jumbling around at every position to see which players I want to start and what scheme I'm going to stick with since this is my first year with the team.

Overall

My expectations for the season is to contend for ACC Championship and earn a BCS Bowl Bid. Maryland began the season unranked but after two wins against South Carolina and #6 Ohio St, Maryland is now ranked #23. I expect to finish the season in the top 15, if not the top 10. Since this is my first year I'm still trying to get a feel for the defensive players since they are so young, but Danny O'Brien is having no problems clicking with the young WRs on offense.

I expect to have 1 loss in conference play, and hope to end the season with no more than 3 total. Any more than 3 losses is a disappointing season for me.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I expect to bring the pain. Gotta beat Florida and that cheesy Bastid perry. I think 1 or 2 losses and a second sec title will get me into the nc game.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Georgia Bulldogs: Season 3

[​IMG]

The Bulldogs will be loaded this season as the 2 remaining weapons on their team, QB Aaron Murray and RB Isaiah Crowell will be entering their prime. The defense will be led by AA FS Bicardi Rambo and NT Kwame Geathers.

Offense: The QB position will be manned by Aaron Murray, who is rated a 99 overall with 95 THP and 93 THA. He will be backed by 83 OVR SO Keith Jones. The RB position is in the capable hands of JR RB Isaiah Crowell, who is 89 OVR with 93 speed, 98 ACC, and 91 BKT. He is backed by by OVR 90 RS JR Ken Malcombe. Zander Ogletree is an 84 OVR FB. The WRs will have to replace big shoes by replacing Tavarres King, Wooten and a few others. Trying to fill those shoes is SO Scott Mueller (80 OVR), JR Justin Wesley (79 OVR), and true FR Andy Burks. TE Orson Charles has graduated but James Romes comes in to replace him, along with SO George Coe.
    The OL lines up like this:

LT: Dallas Lee (87 OVR) SR
    LG: Ken Gates (92 OVR) SR
    C: Ken Pope (82 OVR) SO
    RG: Chris Burnette (94 OVR) SR
    RT: Austin Long (87 OVR) SR

Defense:

The defense will be led by a stingy 3-4 defense featuring NT Kwame Geathers. The ends will be Derrick Lott and Dexter Morant. The LBs will struggle a bit replacing Chris Robinson on the inside but they are counting on Jarvis Jones for some big plays on the utside. Alec Ogletree and Mike Gilliard will man the inside spots and Rueben Faloughi will man the SOLB spot.

The strength of the defense will rely on the front 3 and the secondary. Bicardi Rambo mans the FS spot and Lucas Redd mans the SS spot. The CBs will be Jordan Love and Nick Marshall.

Special Teams:

SO P Rob Williams will man both of the P and K spots. The RS will be a mixture of players.

Outlook: I think that the Bulldogs will finish 10-2 and fight LSU for the CC of the SEC.