Season Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 17, 2012.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I have read them before joining the league and think it is a cool concept. Rather than doing a Season/team preview on your own team, everyone gets assigned someone else's team to preview. Little more objective about it probably.

Not sure how much depth you want to put into this, but obviously the more the better. General overview, offense/defense break down, star players, predicitions in conference, seniors who will need to be replaced, etc. Everyone use your own judgement. Here are the assignments:

abolishthefed - Wisconsin - DONE
    uncleho - Maryland
    Raidernation - Penn State - DONE
    Gyrene76 - Colorado - DONE
    Will Atkinson - Arizona St
    gwill - Northwestern
    HovaTheGodMC - Washington - DONE
    GMONEY 15 - Virginia - DONE
    Gngsta4Lyphe - Georgia Tech - DONE
    dj illmatic 23 - California - DONE
    NYJuggalo45 - North Carolina - DONE
    Fmode11 - Michigan St - DONE

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Very APPROPRIATELY assigned MSU ;)

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

lol that was all random...

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

lol Wisconsin, that kid is getting booted.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Wisconsin is Gmoney according to the website. He was tagged by Hova in the Legacy Reloaded post. If he is getting kicked HovaTheGodMC who is the 12th team?

6. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I didn't see that, I just saw someone in as Wisconsin and couldn't believe we would let someone in as that team, and I didn't see a team announcement in the regular forum so I assumed it was a random. I can also be totally wrong on that.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Wisconsin is a 4 star. They are worse or on par with all of us. Wayyy under 6 star washington lol

8. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Sup fellas...I am the new owner of Wisconsin. In case you don't know me, I wrote an intro on the Legacy page. Thanks G

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I can switch its nothing ..... Didn't know parameters was in place I think Zona has better uni's anyway .... Let me kno

10. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Sounds good Juggalo....

11. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

You took over a user team, I don't have a problem with that, nor do I have a problem with a 4 star Wisconsin program. I just didn't realize they had dropped down to one.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

That was a user program that has never lost but legit if you want to use them. Its your choice man.

13. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

That's works too :D

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Wisconsin Preview GMONEY 15

[​IMG]

Ratings: 95 overall 92 offense 91 defense

The Badgers come into the 2014 season sporting solid ratings across the board. The offense doesn't sport any outstanding players, but it doesn't have any weaknesses either. Their depth at receiver should give teams without 5 solid DBs trouble.The Badger defense sports quite a few playmakers on defense. Sr LOLB Derek Landisch is a force, sporting a 96 overall rating. RS Sr CB Peniel Jean sports a 94 overall rating, with 96 spd and 90 acc. The Badgers also have speed at the safety position with RS Jr Michael Caputo, with an 88 overall rating and 95 spd. Based on the skills of this team, they should have a strong say in the B1G championship picture and also the national title picture.

Key Games:
    10/11 @ #13 Iowa, 10/25 @ #12 Northwestern ( NYJuggalo45 ), 11/1 #21 Michigan St ( Gngsta4Lyphe ), 11/8 #14 Penn St ( dj illmatic 23 ), 11/22 #16 Ohio St

Offense: * = years starting

QB - RS Sr Joe Brennan returns for his senior season with a shot to start. Brennan hasn't played much in his career, only attempting 49 passes in the 2012 campaign and not seeing the field last year. Brennan is a drop back guy who possesses strong individual ratings (88 THP, 90 THA). He will be expected to distribute the ball around the the strong receiving corps, much like a Scott Tolzien or John Stocco on past Badger teams. RS Jr Joel Stave will back up Brennan. Stave is pretty accurate, but lacks the arm strength to beat defenses deep.

HB - RS Jr Melvin Gordon* comes back after rushing for 1,273 yards with 10 TD in 2013. Gordon's 96 acc rating has scouts drooling and his 91 top end speed rating allows him to run away from most defenders. RS So Vonte Jackson should see solid playing time spelling Gordon. Jackson has an 81 ovr rating with 88 spd and 95 acc.

FB - RS Sr Sherard Cadogan** is a smart, solid player. He has a strong 85 awr rating that you would expect from a 2 year starting 5th year senior. He is not fast, but his run blocking and impact blocking skills are impressive.

WR - This is the strongest position on the Wisconsin roster. RS Sr Isaiah Williams** has 60 career catches and 8 career TDs. He has an 87 ovr rating with 92 spd and 96 acc on a 6'1" frame. He will give defenses fits on the outside. RS Sr Marquis Mason is a first year starter for Wisky, but sports impressive ratings. He is a specimen, at 6'4" 224 lbs with 94 acc and adds 81 awr. RS Sr Chase Hammond will hold down the slot position at 6'5" 215 lbs. Hammond is a beast, sporting 93 spd and 92 acc. He will be a big target in the red zone. The Badgers' 4th receiver will be Fr Steve Hill. Hill was a :5stars: recruit that came in with great ratings - 81 ovr, 89 spd, 84 agi. Fr Stephen Richard is the 5th receiver and will provide depth. The future looks bright for Wisconsin at this position after the big 3 depart after this season.

TE - This position is a big area of concern for the Wisconsin coaching staff. Sr Sam Arneson is a first year starter at this position. He has a great set of individual skills, but it remains to see how that will translate on the field. FR Manny Robinson will see playing time in 2 TE sets. Robinson's skill set is still a bit raw. He will need to develop quickly.

OL - Per usual, Wisconsin is strong in this area. RS Jr LT Tyler Marz* is a preseason All American. He is an 86 ovr with 90 str and produced 25 pancakes last season against only 2 sacks allowed. RS Sr LG Dallas Lewallen comes in with an 88 ovr rating, 90 str and 73 awr ratings. He played sparingly last season. His backup is RS Jr Ray Ball, who is an 87 ovr with 90 str. Ball is a beast of a man, standing 6'7" 329 lbs. Jr Dan Voltz* is also a preseason All American. Voltz is an 86 ovr with 89 str. RS Sr Kyle Costigan* is the 3rd preseason All American on this line. Last season, he registered 33 pancakes. RS Fr RT Ian Kiniry is the most inexperienced of this group. He is massive at 6'7" 293 lbs. He has an 84 ovr rating with 85 str. The Badger staff believes Kiniry could be one of the best tackles in Wisconsin history with a few more years of work in the weight room

Defense * = years starting

DE - RS Jr LE James Adeyanju will be a first year starter on the Badger front. Adeyanju is an 84 ovr with 87 acc. He had a great season last year racking up sacks on the JV team. RS Sr Re Konrad Zagzebski is also a first year starter. Zagzebski saw spot duty last year in the Badger rotation. He will need to pick up his game this season in full time duty.

DT - RS Sr Bryce Gilbert is a first year starter for Wisky. He is not overly skilled, but the Badger staff hopes his 6'1" 309 lb frame allows him to take up blockers in the defensive scheme. RS Fr Tim Ellis anchors the other DT position. Ellis has 83 acc and likes to get penetration on the line.

OLB - Sr LOLB Derek Landisch** will be the anchor in the front 7. Landisch has a 96 ovr rating with 90 acc. He has 112 career tackles and 16 TFL. RS Jr Jake Keefer holds down the ROLB position. Keefer is a load, at 6'3" 237 lbs. He has good spd and acc ratings for an OLB. However, depth is an issue here for the Badgers. Neither of these players can go down for an extended period of time if the Badgers want to challenge for a Rose Bowl bid.

MLB - RS Sr Marcus Trotter is a solid contributor here. He is does not have spectacular ratings, but his 90 acc allows him to chase down ball carriers quickly. His backup is Fr George Williams. Williams should be a great contributor for years to come for the Badgers.

CB - RS Sr Peniel Jean* has all the scouts drooling. His 96 spd, 90 acc, and 90 awr ratings are coveted by NFL coaches & GMs. He also has 89 jmp, 94 prc, 99 mcv, and 96 zcv ratings. Overall, he will be one of the best players in America this year. The battle for the other CB spot / nickel back will be between 2 sophomores and a senior all with 83 ovr ratings. Sr Devin Gaulden* started last season and is the likely choice to win the job. Marcel Christensen has 95 spd and 94 acc and stands at 6'1". So Ken Felder saw significant playing time last year in nickel and dime situations.

FS - RS Jr Michael Caputo* is a playmaking safety with gamebreaking 95 spd. Caputo registered 54 tackles last season and looks to contribute more heavily to an outstanding defensive backfield for the Badgers.

SS - So Alex Williams* looks more like a linebacker out there, with a 6'5" 211 lb frame. Williams brings a bevy of tools to the Badger defense and will be a spectacular contributor for the next 2-3 years.

Special Teams -RS Sr K Kyle French** returns sporting a 97 overall rating. He has made 32 /39 FG in his career with a long of 51. RS Jr P Drew Meyer was one of the best punters in the land last season with a 44.4 average. 15 of his 49 punts were pinned inside the 20 yard line. His ovr rating is 95. Do it all CB Peniel Jean will handle the PR and KR duties. Jean has the speed and shiftiness to make opposing coaches want to kick the ball out of bounds.

• Like Like x 6
  15. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Cal Season Preview. They suck. The end;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Don't worry @Fmode 11 I'll do you right. I'll post a legit one tomorrow.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'll take care of UNC's tonite as well. Had an off-season last night so couldn't get to it

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Y'all talk all you want... we'll see who's laughing when you get on the field with me.

19. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I'll be posting that preview of G-Tech sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. Been busy lately with car probs.

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

1st post updated with completed ones

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Move this over to the slacker thread...

• Like Like x 1
  22. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I had to push it back to let the stink of your second straight CPU loss dissipate;)

23. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

HovaTheGodMC - consider this a schedule request for Pedophile State next season.

EDIT: I will add it does stink losing as time expires in one week, then losing with 2 seconds remaining in the following week.

24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

We're not allowed to have FCS teams on our schedule, are we?

25. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

2014 Cal Golden Bears Season Preview
    [​IMG]
    The California Golden Bears enter the 2014 season with high hopes and a new coach. Fmode11 takes the reigns of the Golden Bears and hopes to make them both PAC-12 and BCS contenders. He will have his work cut out for him. The PAC-12 is host to the back-to-back defending BCS champion Washington Huskies. Although the Huskies have a new coach, they are still extremely talanted. Arizona St and Colorado are also top programs in the conference who plan on making life hard for the new Cal coach.
    On offense, Cal has a stable of capable QB's. Junior Kyle Boehm will get the nod to start the season. Boehm is the best pocket passer out of the group, but he may have a hard time keeping the athletic Derrick Brown off the field all season Boehm will have his pick of several deadly targets at WR. Although none of them are superstars, they all have big play potential. None more than WR Kenny Lawler. At 6'3', he has the height to out jump almost any CB, but he also has the speed to pull away from a defense. The problem Cal could run into is their ability to block for Boehm. The offensive line is average across the line, which may cause problem against talanted defensive lines. In order to take some pressure off of Boehm and the passing game, HB Brandon Bigelow must have a great season. Bigelow has great speed and elusiveness, but has been plauged by fumble problems throughout his career. Cal does have one of the best kickers in the nation, so even when drives stall they can still put points on the board.
    On defense, the Golden Bears are led by two senior standouts, LB Chris McCain and CB Kameron Jackson. McCain is a sure tackler and is great at shedding blocks and reading the play. Jackson is a shut down corner, who Cal will put on the other team's best receiver each week. The problems for the defense, like the offense, are up front. The Golden Bears defensive line has no stand out player that demands a double team and makes life easier for everyone else. In the secondary, while Jackson is a lock down cover guy, their is little talent and experience after that. Cal cannot afford any injuries as they have little depth at any position.
    The Golden Bears have a tough road ahead. There are always high expectations for a new coach. However, Cal looks more like a 6 or 7 win team with the talent they have now. Coach Fmode11 will need a couple of good recruiting classes in order to compete with the rest of the PAC-12 and NCAA.

• Like Like x 1