Season Recap

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Looking back on your season so far we should ask ourselves a few questions:
    1. What has surprised you the most this season?
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations?
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations?
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season?
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most?

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

1. What has surprised you the most this season? The play of my secondary. We start 2 RS sophomores, a RS freshman, and a SS that doesn't have great speed. They have played bend but don't break for most of this season and have come up with timely INTs as well.
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations? Jorge Irvin. After all the hype and all the attention paid to this guys recruitment, he has just been very inconsistent. Some games he shines and shows off his moves and speed, but in others it looks like he has a flat tire.
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations? WR Christian McNeil. This guy maybe had 15 catches through 3 seasons, but this year he has been our #2 WR and played very well. He is 6'6" and a beast for the fade in the red zone.
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season? Beating FSU in Tallahassee.
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most? See above :D

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I wouldn't want it any other way buddy. I feel the same way (when I win!).

• Like Like x 1
  4. dakota7

1. What has surprised you the most this season? My defense has played better than I expected it to, although not from some of the guys I would've expected to be making the big plays.
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations? QB Colt Thompson has definitely had a sophomore slump. His numbers are still good (2279 yards 15/10), but not any where near the level of excellence he had last year.
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations? CB Phillip Cummings is a stud, but he has not only picked off 5 passes, but he has scored on 3 of them. We had high expectationsm but these have exceeded them.
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season? First possession of the Clemson game, Thompson bypasses 3 open receivers and throws into triple coverage. The ball is picked off by Tiger CB Dan Prince and with it our ACC title hopes this year.
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most? Even though it was a loss, the game against Ohio State was really frustrating. The coaching staff really took that loss hard and feels it is to blame for not adjusting the gameplan to correct mistakes. We learned a lot from that game and hope to improve off of it.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

1. What has surprised you the most this season? I knew going into this season the running game could be nonexistent with the number of holes on the line, but the Yellow Jackets's offense has produced. I know some of it may be the air raid offense, but this offense has been very explosive when Brent Edwards has been healthy.
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations? WR Tyrone Holmes, OVR 82. He just doesn't seem to get open as well as the other wide receivers on the roster. This guy is a true sophomore, and his classmate AJ Walker 78 OVR has just been a beast. Walker was injured for a couple of games, and if it wasn't for that his stats would be better.
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations? WRs Isaac Gaddis and Shawn Alford. These guys are seniors, i.e. were here during the triple option. These guys were after thoughts because my then current receivers were slow. Their speed is good, but acceleration is so so. However, they have produced. When Walker went down, Alford stepped up, catching a lot of passes, with his longest reception being 77 yards. While Gaddis has been a great #1 receiver. He can get open on any route, and I have the upmost confidence he will catch anything thrown to him.
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season? Probably the most pivotal game was against Virginia. The "E Pillow Fight" was a big game for the Yellow Jackets as this decided the Coastal Division, and the team was able to walk their talk.
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most? So far it is the Virginia game. I have only played two user games so far. This was for the division, against recchem, and my first user win in The E. Hopefully if I beat Clemson and Bill for the ACC CCG, then that will be my answer.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

What a coincidence, beating dakota was my favorite game too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

• The fact that in my first season here I made it to the BCS(I wish I could have played AJ though)
      • DT Zac Horne, the guy who is my best D-linemen only has 1 sack and 1 FF
      • RB Eric Robertson, guy is VERY undersized and isn't as fast as you would think a 5'10 169lb RB would be. He has posted 1,200yds and 15td's for the buckeyes this season.
      • It is a tie between my game with dakota the 1st game of the season(and of my tenure here) and my last game of the season with Suge. Both were very pivotal games on my schedule.
      • I would have to say its a tie between my game with dakota and Suge. In the game against dakota, I really mixed it up and it seemed to completely throw dakota off. From what I can remember there were not really any TO'ers it was a game where one guy outplayed the other. In my game with Suge, It was a little more difficult for me to move the ball on O compared to the other user games I had and I had to completely change my defensive strategy after his 2nd possession after I noticed he was really taking advantage of my aggressiveness. I also noticed that he was being very one-sided on offense and decided to just sit back and play mainly pass D and let him just beat himself.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1. Biggest surprise this season has been in recruiting. How Dakota has been able to pull the rug out from under me this season is beyond me. I never knew missing two weeks could be so devastating when competing with a second tier team like FSU.

2. NB Bill Clarke and my DL. Clarke has not played up to his attributes all season long. There's been a bunch of plays against the cpu where he's literally watched the ball go right past him and into the hands of the cpu WRs. Plus he and the rest of my secondary have dropped a ton of INTs that have hit them right in the #'s. The DL isn't playing as well as I think they should be. They need to generate a better push in the pass rush.

3. WR Washington and HB Cole Williams have performed beyond expectations. With the injury to AA WR J. Carter, Washington has stepped up from his slot role and really played well in the "Z" position providing a perfect compliment to WR Herring. HB Cole Williams has also really stepped up with Carter's injury to step in the slot or "Percy" position vacated by Washington. With WR depth an issue for us, Williams' play has been a real life line and opened my offense up a bit more.

4. Most pivotal moment this season is by far the strip CB Armstrong had on UGA's HB with a minute to go in the 4th quarter and a tie game. MLB Roy Mack scooped it and scored to keep our undefeated streak alive.

5. TBD, but I'm really looking forward to the UF vs MSU game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dakota7

I'm so glad you're staying in this league. Every league needs a villain........;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

11. dakota7

2017 Schedule Requests

Florida State

Florida
    Ohio State

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

13. dakota7

I don't have any awesome pictures and you have an endless supply...........

I gotta go look at that girl in the car again.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

4gifs.com has some good ones but there is also a lot of adult content on there so I wouldn't suggest going on there with the wife or kids around.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

you could also find some by googleing forum macros

16. GoGators

You must mean your the villain cause I'm pretty sure I'm like superman in here :)

17. dakota7

I'm pretty sure Lex Luther thinks he's the hero.

18. GoGators

A) no he doesn't. He knows he's playing the villain role since he's trying to take over the world for his own benefit. Jeez do I need to send you a comic book?

B) the villain always loses in the end so we both know who that is in this scenario :)

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I knew my secondary was going to be bad, but I never expected them to be this bad. I'm absolutely unable to stop the pass, which is a shame because of how talented my front 7 is.
      Safety Travis Stewart. In his first year as starter he has majorly disappointed. Stewart routinely forgets his job to cover the deep ball and lacks the speed to make up for those mistakes. He is solid against the run but I don't need help there.
      MLB Quentin Bellamy. Bellamy was a three star recruit and currently leads the team in tackles and is one of the top tacklers in the nation. He has excellent speed as well which has helped him develop excellent coverage skills as well.
      Losing to Suge and his Wolverines. The big ten championship was the goal and this loss knocked me out of it as I knew I would have a hard time beating PSU or OSU with my secondary. Coach Suge has quietly rebuilt that teams image and deserves some consideration for coach of the year.
      Definitely the Michigan game. Suge and I ALWAYS have great games and I aways look forward to them. I view us as two of the most sim guys on the site so our games are always a chessmatch. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what all this business in Florida is all about, although I doubt my team can compete with all that talent. We do not match up well.

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    • What has surprised you the most this season?

• The play of my secondary has been a huge surprise considering I have one CB rated 86 and the rest 72 and under with an 89 FS and 86 SS, they have made plays and been very steady. The best thing is that I will only lose one secondary starter this year barring early exits.

• What player has not lived up to expectations?

• Adrian Fields played very well last year and I thought he'd be the go to guy this year. But he was hurt early on, basically reversing roles with Joe Fontaine from a year ago. The biggest problem is Fontaine is not the playmaker that Fields is.

• What player has performed beyond expectations?
      • Lawrence Houston has been a difference maker in the middle. He makes plays in the backfield for himslef and his teammates. If I did not have the depth in front of him for the past four seasons and Rico Martin had not left for East Lansing I'd probably not played him much at all.
      • Jason Adams has been a ballhawk all season but he came up big in big games.
    • Most pivotal moment for you this season?
      • The fumble return by Arnold against MSU turned around the game as I would have gone into the half down on the scoreboard and in momentum. He later had an INT after the half that set up the offense with a short field.
    • What game did you enjoy playing the most?
      • The MSU game is always fun b/c JC and I always seem to have a knock down drag out affair. Our games seem very similar to UM - MSU rivalry games in real life. There is usually a play that turns the game in someones favor, fortunately this year I finally got that play.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

22. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

What has surprised you the most this season??

We originally thought this would be a rebuilding season with so many young kids playing key roles on our squad but they have all exceeded expectations. We knew they were extremely talented but having this type of success so early in their careers caught us off guard a little bit.

What player has not lived up to expectations??

We really haven't had guys stink up the joint this year but if I had to pick one group it would be the CB's. We have been torched by opposing Big-10 users and some of that can be attributed to them being behind and having to pass a ton in the second half but we thought with returning our top 4 guys from last year we would be better prepared to face these pass happy teams. They have forced some TO's but we need to limit the 400 yard games.

What player has performed beyond expectations??

We have had plenty of young guy's really step up this season but if I had to pick one, it would be true Frosh TE Josh Woods. We knew this kid had talent when we recruited him but his receiving skills are through the roof. He came in as a 79 overall TE but we have noticed he's even better when we line him up on the outside. With some of our deficiencies at the Wideout position, Woods has seen more playing time out there recently. This kid will continue to be a matchup nightmare for opposing LB's and SS throughout his career in Happy Valley. Continuing with the pass catchers, WR Lance Stewart has taken that next step to becoming a superstar and SR Jay Roberts has been a great compliment to the size and speed of Stewart and he is usually the guy roaming the middle of the field as he is a great possession receiver. Obviously the play of All-American RB Joel Coleman and with defenses usually stacking the line of scrimmage has given these guy's the ability to locked in one on one and QB Andy Wesley is always going to make great, accurate passes.

What was the pivotal moment of the season??

Obviously, the SIM loss to Ohio St is the key moment of the season. We know the experts probably would have thought we would have gotten taken to the woodshed in Columbus but the last time we were underdogs in Columbus, we upset the #1 ranked and defending National Champions. It would have been a very tough game but after scouting that secondary of Ohio St, we thought we could have done some real damage against them through the air. We will be ready for them next season as we expect them to be very good again.

What game did you enjoy playing the most??

I always love playing against my Big-10 User rivals Michigan and Michigan St. Both are well coached and are extremely good. Luckily, we came out on top this year but if a couple of things happen differently, the games could have been much different. Were already looking forward to next season and seeing both of those teams again.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

1. What has surprised you the most this season? How poorly we have played in user games. I realize my team sucks but I was out-right thrashed against Penn State and Florida State. I couldn't do anything in those 2 games. Im bummed Masler and I couldnt get our game in. I would have liked to see if I could have improved on playing the big boys...oh well.
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations? Quite honestly my expectations were pretty low so I don't really have any one in mind. My #1 HB has had a solid season but his stamina sucks. He has 1 or 2 carries and is tired. So I guess it would be Gatewoods stamina has been a bit of disappointment.
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations? My Freshman DE Stewart. I dont control the D-Lineman at all so what he has done this season is all on him. 9 sacks for a Freshman is something. Gives us hope for the future!
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season? My TE dropping the pass that could have beat Georgia Tech and possibly sent us to the ACC CG. There was one second on the clock and we hurried to the line, called the same play (no time to spike or audible). Brown had the pass hit his hands around the 1 yard line. He might have got in the end zone or might not have...we'll never know!
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most? The Georgia Tech game. Somewhat equal teams. Game went down to the final play. Although it did go our way this year, it was a lot of fun. Cougs and I always seem to play close games.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

1. What has surprised you the most this season? Sitting at an 8-4 record at the end of the season, I honestly expected us to win a few more games. When the senior QB Josh Johnson was knocked out for 8 weeks with an injury, the offense struggled to find a new identity. The backup was more of a scrambling QB, and doesn't have the greatest arm.
    2. What player has not lived up to expectations? As hinted at earlier, I expected to get more consistent play from my backup QB, Aaron Wilson. His stats were: 121/219 1937 yds 15 TDs 14 INTs. He also had 4 fumbles on on 51 carries. It's hard to win games when one man on your offense gives other the team the ball 19 times in 8 games.
    3. What player has performed beyond expectations? Without a doubt, QB Josh Johnson (while he was healthy). He is 77 OVR, vs Wilson who is 84 OVR. Johnson has a bit more of an accurate arm. His stats were: 53/97 1138 yds 13 TDs 0 INTs. He knew how to manage a game, and not make mistakes. This is what every coach wants out of their QB.
    4. Most pivotal moment for you this season? When Johnson finally came back after injury, Georgia went undefeated in their remaining games.
    5. What game did you enjoy playing the most? Without a doubt, the Florida game. It seems to be growing with intensity every year, and this year we had a real shot at winning it. A costly late fumble cost us the game, but we were in it until the final seconds. We've got a surprise for them next season.