Season Seven Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Big Suge Knight, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 13
    [​IMG] 48

In a rare Ann Arbor night game the Demon Deacons came to town for a visit and found the host Wolverines to be very unfriendly. The Big House was jumping from the opening whistle despite a quick three and out by the home team. The two teams then traded possessions until the clock expired on a scoreless first quarter.

In the second quarter, Michigan erupted for 35 points, including two long passing scores by Dwayne Morris to John Jackson and Mike Herron. Starting HB Joe Fontaine added a 7 yard rushing TD while Herron followed up with his second on a quick comeback route. With momentum fully in it's favor Michigan MLB JD Jones stepped in front of a pass into the flats to score on a 35 yard pick six to end the half.
    • Morris completed 10-13 for 233 yards and 3 TDs in the first half.
    • Backup HB Kevin Smith had 18 carries for 105 yards and a TD in the second half.
    • Fontaine had 7 first half carries for 65 yards and a TD.
    • Mike Herron caught 3 passes for 114 yards and two TDs.
    • Jones had the TD and two INTs to go along with five tackles.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

#10 Alabama - 49

#21 Purdue - 3

Boilermakers embarrassed by Crimson Tide

Alabama's defense stood very strong today as they only allowed 3 points and just over 200 yards of offense which included -3 yards rushing. The Purdue QB was under constant pressure as Alabama recorded 10 sacks on the day, 6 coming from Sophomore DE Mills. This young kid was 1 Sack away from breaking the Single Game Sack record in the first game! The offense played pretty well also but Smith did throw a couple of unlucky INT's but found the endzone 4 times, so the picks are overlooked.

Coach Masler stated afterward: "We simply outplayed them in every aspect of the game. The team looks good and ready to go."

Alabama starts off the season nicely with a rout and are 1-0. The Tide face a familiar coach in Ann Arbor next week.

Stats

L. Smith - 12/26, 215 yards, 4 TD, 8 Car, 32 yards

A. Bowser - 26 Att, 185 yards, 3 TD

D. Simpson - 3 Rec, 77 yards, TD
    S. Davis - 2 Rec, 63 yards, 2 TD

C. Mills - 9 Tackles, 6 TFL, 6 Sacks
    J. Fisher - 9 Tackles, TFL, FF, FR

Defense overall recorded: 17 TFL, 10 Sacks, 1 INT, 7 Deflections, 5 FF, 2 FR

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

A couple of barnburners there. :D

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

West virginia 0
    Florida State. 42

Dominating defense was the story of this game, as the Noles intercepted 3 passes and returned 1 for a td. Colt Thompson threw for 215 yards and 1 td and Danny Mason ran in 3 tds. Freshman Eric Gibson came off the bench to rush for 145 yards in mop up time. Next up is Ohio State.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I was watching all your guys' scores update last night and I'm thinking we are at the point where the CPU is just not competitive anymore. I guess we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes, but I don't think it really has anything to do with the sliders anymore. I think it's now a result of CPU recruiting being piss-poor.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Please don't mess with the sliders...my Cav's are now a C- team. I had a hard enough time last season with them. They were CPU controlled until last season and it shows!

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    The #13 Spartans opened the season traveling to the #17 ranked Midshipmen of Navy. What was expected to be a competitive game was anything but....​
    MSU opened with the ball and scored in 3 plays. The scoring play was a run right up the gut by HB Jason Cook. MSU's experienced offensive lined opened a massive hole against the undersized midshipmen and Cook jogged 50 yards for an easy score. Navy's option run attack never found any room and rarely got passed the line of scrimmage against MSU's dominating front 7. This would be the case all day long. After a quick 3 and out by Navy, MSU again scored quickly, this time on a bomb from JT Austin to WR Brandon Pleasant. Pleasant said he wanted to be a difference maker in his senior season and choose to wear the #1 to put some added pressure on himself. The #1 jersey has not been worn since WR Charles Rogers donned the Green and White.​
    Navy's only scores came on two MSU fumbles on the Spartan side of the 50, and also demonstrated why the Spartan's secondary could be their downfall. When Navy went into panic mode and started throwing, MSU struggled.​
    Overall, MSU looked like an improved team from last year's dissapointing 9-4 record, and they are going to need to be improved with this year's schedule including the 3 time Nation Champ Florida Gators.​
    Stats:​
    QB JT Austin 11/18 251 Yards 2TDs and 0 INTs​
    HB Jason Cook 17 Carries 175 Yards 4 TDs​
    HB Corey Moore 13 Carries 118 Yards 1 TD​

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Don't plan on messing with them, at this point it's not going to make a huge difference other than frustrate some people.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Purdue was all C's while I was B+'s...the talent difference was obvious from the first snap.

10. dakota7

I hate to say it, but that's the reason we should probably limit the number of 5 stars we can sign in NCAA 12. Would probably help those CPU teams a little.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Syracuse 12
    Georgia Tech 49

The Yellow Jackets might have a MVP candidate, and may be a second one as well. Brent Edwards threw for 330 yards and 5 TDs with no interceptions as the Yellow Jackets destroyed the Orange. His favorite target was Sophomore A.J. Walker who caught 7 passes for 203 yards and 2 TDs. Walker's big play of the day was a 98 yard TD pass late in the first quarter that gave the Yellow Jackets a commanding 21-0 lead. The Yellow Jackets's defense made Syracuse QB Aaron Palmer's life miserable getting 3 interceptions, two being taken back for pick 6's. Up next South Carolina.

12. AJ Hart MN

Sheesh.. Look at the GT :eek:

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

It's Cuse...yet to be impressed....:p

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This IMO is why the 3+ conference setup doesn't work. As soon as the original roster players graduate and the cpu has to rely on recruiting their screwed. I highly doubt EA fixes the CPU's recruiting logic for `12 (considering the CPU logic in all aspects of the game is a POS I doubt they even think it's a problem. But I'm glad the grass will look real next year!). With 3 conferences the users dominate the cpu in and gain prestige ratings while all cpu teams trend downward. This adversely impacts recruiting for those schools and there you have it.

Also, with 3 conferences you end up covering a lot more of the nation. Take this year, with our current setup, everything east of the Mississippi is dominated by user recruiting. That doesn't leave much for any of the cpu teams to control unless they're out west. Conversely, if we were all in the ACC/SEC for example, guys would likely have more user vs user losses and it'd be more difficult to dominate recruiting through prestige rankings. Granted the cpu in these conferences would get killed, but the additional users would balance things out. Also, with the two conferences in the same region we'd all be recruiting against one another for basically the same people. It'd be intense.

And just to add, last year I ran Southern Exposure as a 2 conference setup (SEC/ACC). This year in the Deuce and in here we're using 3 conferences (in the Deuce we've switched to 2 midway cause the 3 just felt lame). I'm not trying to sway you guys but just give a different point of view. I'll stfu now.

15. AJ Hart MN

Those are fighting words..

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I know it was Syracuse, I didn't want to say anything about the opponent. If GT lights up the scoreboard against SC, and then the big game against VT we will then know my team is serious. However, if you looked at who I recruited the past two seasons then you would know I have been building this type of offense. My overall offense grade has dropped, but my defense is still rated B+.

17. AJ Hart MN

I would like some suggestions if I could.. What the hell am I doing wrong?? I can always seem to pass against users but when I play the CPU, I can't for the life of me. I'm sitting here looking at your guy's QB stats and I just can't figure it out. Granted, I don't have the best receivers in the world but I have two that are 85+ and a QB that's 94+ in both accuracy and power. I tried to do more of the short stuff against Nebraska and still wasn't successful. It just seems the CPU D-Backs are on my guys like glue. Maybe I should just stick to the run as that was pretty successful but I was getting very frustrated with the passing game and the more mad I got the more I tried different passes and the more they didn't work.. Both of my QB's were under 50% completion rating and I had a 3-0 INT to TD ratio.. :(

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    +1

19. AJ Hart MN

Penn St @ Virginia
    Gotta say I really felt for Reccem here. The talent different was obvious and it showed all first half as the Nittany Lion offense was able to do anything they wanted. The game kind of reminded me of the National Title game a couple of years ago when Gators took me to the woodshed. After struggling to pass in the opener and missing some time due to injury, new starter Andy Wesley was flawless, literally. He went 11-11 in the opening half for 192yds and 3 TD's and stud TB Joel Coleman was equally unstoppable gashing the Cav defense for 149yds on 15 carries and 2 TD's. Virginia was able to get the one long TD in the first quarter but the Nittany Lion defense was also able to do what they wanted against a over matched Cav offense. At halftime, the game was all but over as PSU led 35-7.
    The second half saw only 10 total points as TJ Williams would boot a 42yd FG for Penn State and TE Anthony Brown would catch a 15yd pass from Gabe Brown for the Cav scoring.
    The Final from Charlottsville was Penn St 38 - Virginia 14
    GG to recc.. Again, It wasn't really a fair fight but I'll give his boys credit, they never quit and they kept playing to the final whistle. He has his work cut out for him for the remainder of this year's title. I know he's looking forward to getting a better squad next season so he at least has a chance to compete. I wish the Cav's nothing but the best for the remainder of the season.

Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    05:54TDPenn StateJay Roberts WR #88 8 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    05:39TDVirginiaJason Hamilton WR #89 77 yard pass from Bryant Clark QB #2​
    02:59TDPenn StateLance Stewart WR #4 13 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    Second Quarter
    06:42TDPenn StateJosh Alfred TE #82 4 yard pass from Andy Wesley QB #2​
    05:20TDPenn StateJoel Coleman HB #29 76 yard rush​
    00:04TDPenn StateJoel Coleman HB #29 5 yard rush​
    Third Quarter
    02:20FGPenn StateT.J. Williams K #17 42 yard field goal​
    Forth Quarter
    06:04TDVirginiaAnthony Brown TE #87 15 yard pass from Gabe Brown QB #4​

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Tight Rope

Florida State couldn't quite pull off the W against Ohio State, lose 28-20!

Capture.PNG

First Quarter
    05:04FGFlorida StateCaleb White P #18 44 yard field goal

Second Quarter
    07:56TDFlorida StateDanny Mason HB #34 11 yard rush

04:02TDOhio StateBrian Adkins WR #86 25 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11

01:34TDOhio StateJames Newman WR #84 23 yard pass from Craig Watson QB #11

00:30TDFlorida StateDerek McCray WR #8 15 yard pass from Colt Thompson QB #7

Third Quarter
    01:12TDOhio StateEric Robinson HB #48 19 yard rush

Forth Quarter
    07:15TDOhio StateEric Robinson HB #48 2 yard rush

03:14FGFlorida StateCaleb White P #18 22 yard field goal

FSU came out strong in the first controlling the 1st quarter that led to a 10-0 lead early in the 2nd qtr. OSU answered back with 2 TD drives of their own to take control of the game 14-10 before half time, only to give up the lead with less than a minute left in the 1st half, going down 17-14. In the second half, OSU took over the game with long drives that burned a lot of time off the clocks and leading the scoring in the 2nd half 14-3 to take the victory in Coach Nautica's 1st ever game in The Experience!

GG Dakota, well played. It was the 2 ints that led to 2 TD drives that hurt you in the end. Looking forward to playing you again.

• Like Like x 1
  21. dakota7

@Nautica

Good game man. Not being able to slow you down in the second half really hurt and of course the 2 interceptions are always the back breaker. User games almost always go the way of the turnover battle. You played very well, I never really adjusted to your playcalling. Kept me off balance the whole game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nice win! Already upsetting the balance of things in here...i like it.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@AJ Hart MN

GG man. It felt like you could do whatever you wanted on my end too :) I knew I had to score to keep up with you and limit my turnovers and force a few myself...I did neither. Good luck with the Big 10 schedule. Looks like you have your work cut out for you!

24. AJ Hart MN

@recchem2000

I'm not sure if this is the case with everybody else but I thought I'd let you know that I can't see your sig.. It just shows [​IMG]

25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG] 52
    [​IMG] 21
    Michigan State's offense looks unstoppable in rivalry game against the Fighting Irish.​
    The first half of this game was very defensive. ND struck first when QB JT Austin fumbled on the 1 yard line and ND picked it up and walked into the endzone. At the end of the 1st quarter, MSU responded with a picture perfect drive mixing up the pass and run and finished it off with a 6 yard run by 2nd string HB Corey Moore. MSU would take control in the 2nd Quarter on an 18 yard TD reception by freshman TE Nick Smith, who was left wide open on a LB blitz, and on another typical Spartan drive with ending with a 2 yard Cook TD.​
    The 3rd quarter was a scoring frenzy. MSU opened in style with a 43 yard bomb to Brandon Pleasant to go up 28-7. ND quickly answered back as their HB broke 4 tackles on his way to an unstoppable 52 yard TD run. Uncharacterisitcally, MSU answered back on their first play as TE Nick Smith again caught the LB blitzing and took a short pass 60 yards. ND's halfback added to his highlight reel and scored in 1 play, breaking more tackles and rumbling for an 80 yard TD. The Spartans then decided to slow the game down and put together a methodical drive that ended with an 18 yard TD pass from Austin to Pleasant on a perfect lob over the linebacker in coverage.​
    The game was all but decided heading into the 4th quarter. MSU would tack on a FG and then HB Jason Cook would find a gaping hole to run through while trying to burn clock and added one more score to cap the day.​
    STATS:​
    QB JT Austin: 20/31 448 Yards 4TDs 1INT 26 Yards Rushing​
    HB Jason Cook 26 carries 206 yards 2 TDs 3 Catches 62 Yards​