Season Showdown League Progress Page

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by LB Fitted, Sep 4, 2009.

1. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Season Showdown League Progress Page

Here is the page where we can do all posts on our league from write ups, recruit talk, game scheduling, the whole 9! Good Luck fellas!

2. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

#4 USC 37 - SJSU 14

(Los Angeles,Ca) In Matt Barkley's 1st outing as a true freshman quarterback he lived upto all the good things the USC coaches have said about him throwing for 3 touchdowns with no interceptions and 222 yds in the Trojans season opener against the San Jose State Spartans. Although Barkely was sacked 3-4 times, he still kept his composure, spreading the ball around, using all his weapons and making smart decisions. It also helps when he has Joe McKnight in the backfield who made some huge plays and ended the game with 134 yds and a touchdown before sitting out the entire 4th qrt. The Real test comes for the Trojans next week in Colombus where they take on the Buckeyes of Ohio State!

M.Barkley 12-14 222 yds 3 td 0 int
    J.McKnight 17 rushes 134 yds 1td
    D.Williams/D.Ausberry 1 rec 27 yds 1 td

3. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

im seeing it was some simi rediculous blowouts... were the sliders too easy or something?

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My game was ok but 21 of my points were from defensive TD's. But i can't go off that because I do particularly well at causing turnovers anyway. I think I'm leading the OFFL East in INT's right now. Plus I didn't give VT a whole lot of time with the ball and they didn't pass a lot. My time of possession nearly equaled 3 quarters. BTW what is up with Tyrod Taylor not scrambling or anything. There was plenty of times he had the room to go and he sat back there and took a sack from the defensive end. But as far as the sliders go, a little tweaking wouldn't hurt.

5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

what exactly do u suggest on the tweaks # wise? and idk lol i dont see the cpu run much with any qb whos a runner, but sometimes they get to takin off wit the slowest pocket qb's lol its weird

6. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

LSU @ Washington

The Tigers made the trip West to take on the Washington Huskies in a SEC vs. PAC 10 showdown. The Tigers started out sloppy on offense with Sophmore QB, Jefferson missing some wide open targets and putting the Tigers in 3rd and longs. This is pretty much when it became evident that the Tigers will probably be a run first team as illustrated in their 34 attempts, 2-1 over passing. Then again who came blame the Tigers when they have 2 very talented backs in, Williams and Scott. This could truly become a dynamic for the Tigers, most people believe it will be a week to week decision on which back gets the start each week. The Tiger Defense came ready to play, lead by SS, Taylor, who had 14 tackles on the day with 4 being for loss. The stout LSU defense allowed -9 yards rushing for the Huskies but did give up a few big plays in the passing game due to some missed assignments in the secondary. K. Williams, who got the start over Charles Scott, rushed for 136 yards and 2 TD's on the day along with 8 catches out of the backfield. We did see Freshman QB, Sheppard for a couple plays but it seems as if the Tigers are really going to bring him along slow and this will be Jefferson's team for the distant future. Jefferson threw for 181 yards with a TD and an Interception. Although the Tigers defeated the Huskies 41-17 there are still a lot of areas were they need to improve if they plan on challenging for the SEC and National Title.

Next up:
    Vandy comes to Death Valley

[​IMG]
    Tailgating Tiger Style...

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Idk man. I'm not to great at adjusting sliders. Talk to some of the commishes around the leagues and see what they suggest and we can go from there

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

era brought up a point about playbooks so i will make this tweak to the rules. you can use another playbook but..... it must stay within your teams boundaries.... meaning no option playbook with a reg team, like me being usc cant use somethin like florida playbook. just keep it reasonable within your team and thats fine. example... if ur texas and ur playbook is pass heavy, changing to westcoast or a balanced run/pass playbook is fine.

9. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

This real usc game is the reason i would never say there shouldnt be so many points scored lol in real life there are rediculous scores and if we were awoke in the 1st qrt we prollywould reched mid 70's, possibly even 80's

10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

USC BEATS OSU IN OVERTIME!

i forgot the score but i won by 6 cus i scored a td in overtime after they missed a fieldgoal! bad part is i lost barkley for a week and havili for 6 weeks!

Passing: Barkley 13-26 132 2 td
    Corp 7-17 139 1 td
    mustain 1-1 11 yds 1 td

Rushing:Joe McKnight 16 53 0 td
    DJ Shoemate 2 1 yd 1 td (game winner)
    Recieving: McKnight 7 rec 125 yds 1 td
    Ronald Johnson 1 rec 11 yds 1 td
    Travon Patterson 1 rec 13 yds 1 td

Defensive: Taylor Mays 9 tkls
    Everson Griffen 5 tkls 1 sack
    Josh Pinkard 3 tkls 1 int