Season Six: Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Masler, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

#23 Alabama - 55

Oregon State - 35

Tide wins opening day.

This game was pretty close for about 3 and a half quarters but the Beavers bowed out in the 4th quarter as they allowed Alabama to pull away from a 38-35 game. Freshmen HB Andrew Boswer showed a bit of skill today with over 100 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. Smith looked very sharp as he threw for over 300 yards, no picks while his two main receivers both went over the 100 yard receiving mark. Linebacker Jon Jones made a huge splash today with a handful of tackles and pick six to end the first half. Freshmen CB Matt Lopez also recorded his first collegiate INT today late in the 4th quarter that helped set up an Alabama TD. Looks like two solid recruits for the Tide

Immediately following the game Coach Masler announced Bowser would replace Todd Johnson at halfback, Johnson coughed the ball up twice, so he will spend some time on the bench.

Bama starts off nice with an early win to go 1-0. The Tide take on the Badgers in their home opener next week.

Stats

L. Smith - 17/27, 361 yards, 2 TD

A. Bowser - 22 Att, 160 yards, 3 TD

C. Ray - 5 Rec, 117 yards, TD
    G. Williams - 4 Rec, 119 yards, TD

Defense recorded: 9 TFL, 3 Sacks, 2 INT, 8 PD, and a TD

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

@JCspartan2

Any changes made to sliders this year?

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Maaaaaybe....

Yes I did. I will let you experience them for yourselves. They were just minor tweaks here and there, and based on the two CPU games played so far the difference isn't much, but it's enough.

Try and play a game against the CPU before you look at them, I'm trying to keep any bias out of the discussion. I'd REALLY like to be over and done with changing the sliders and hopefully this will be it.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Oh I totally agree with this as well. The reason I was asking is that I was going to make some minor tweaks to ours as well as we start season 7.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Florida State 38
    Michigan 34

The Seminoles escape the Big House with a win, but it wasn't easy. Coach Suge rallied the team at halftime and put up 24 second half points and got his team to within 3 points and a shot at the tying field goal. Coach dakota called a timeout to put the Wolverine kicker on ice and it worked. On the very next play, HB Danny Mason took a sweep left 64 yards to the house for the win. Mason was the player of the game, finishing with 190 yards and 3 tds. Freshman QB Colt Thompson played very well in his first collegiate start, completing 18/26 for 251 and 2 tds. WR Derek McCray stayed hot, catching 6 balls for 112 and a touchdown.

Good game Suge. That big run by Fontaine really tightened things up, had me sweating.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Arizona St @ Penn St
    Penn State opened up the new season in dominating fashion. Senior QB Joe Redd was making his first collegiate start and he would not disappoint. He continually found holes in the Sun Devil secondary for big plays. Two of which were long TD's to SR Wideout Jason Thompson and Super Freshman Lance Stewart. On the day Redd was 15/26 for 322 yards with 2 TD's. Thompson led the way with 94 yards receiving and the long TD. Stewart also was great hauling in 3 balls for 86 yards and a TD. The running game was also dominant as new starter Joel Coleman ran for 96 yards on 19 carries with 2 TD's. Backup Eric Rhodes also chipped in with 75 yards on 8 carries with a TD. FB Brad Hagan added 2 more short TD runs.
    What was most impressive though was the play of the defense. The last time we saw this group, they were getting torched by the Florida Gators in the National Championship game. Maybe after that embarrassment, this group rededicated itself and has the look of being much improved. They held the Sun Devils to 154 yards and had 4 picks. The defensive line was also good coming away with 3 sacks.
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    07:04TDPenn StateBrad Hagen FB #48 2 yard rush​
    02:30TDPenn StateJoel Coleman HB #29 2 yard rush​
    01:11TDPenn StateJason Thompson WR #7 63 yard pass from Joe Redd QB #22​
    Second Quarter
    03:23TDPenn StateJoel Coleman HB #29 3 yard rush​
    02:04TDPenn StateLance Stewart WR #4 59 yard pass from Joe Redd QB #22​
    Third Quarter
    04:07TDPenn StateBrad Hagen FB #48 8 yard rush​
    03:19FGArizona StateElliot Cleveland K #8 42 yard field goal​
    Forth Quarter
    07:52TDPenn StateEric Rhodes HB #41 46 yard rush​

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    good game Dakota.

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Gators Win Season Opener!!!
    #14 Mich 14​
    #1 UF 28​
    Coach Suge brought his Wolverines to Gainesville for the second leg of their sunshine state tour and he got everything he could of hoped for out of his boys today. They showed up, played hard, and had a chance to win the game in the second half. In the end though they would come up short against a highly talented Gators squad playing at home.

UF got the ball first and the fans were very excited to see what the new offense could do. The first drive Dickens led them right down the field capping the drive off with a 4yd TD run, his first of two on the day. 0-7 UF.

UF's kicker would slip on the soggy ground on the kickoff and barely hit the ball, resulting in a 39 yard kickoff. Michigan with great field position wasted no time as TE Bryant got wide open for a 58 yard catch before getting chased down at the 3. HB Fields would punch it in on the next play to quiet the swamp and tie it up 7 all.

Dickens led another nice drive capping it off again with a 4 yard TD run. 7-14 Gators.

Michigan would make their first costly turnover on their ensuing possession when FS Chris Britt came up with an INT on an errant pass by QB Jackson. The Gators would look to take control of the game as freshman HB Cole Williams broke free on a big run before getting caught from behind and having the ball punched out of his grasp inside the 10 yard line and Michigan would recover. The first of 2 gator red zone turnovers.

Suge's Wolverines would drive 95 yards for a TD off the turnover. This drive demoralized the Gator defense as they've never been dismantled like this before. (It really made me start to worry too cause Suge was dominating my defense and he was getting all the momentum going his way. He also would receive the ball to start the 2nd half so the pressure was on us.) 14 all.

Dickens would get the ball at his own 20 with 2 minutes left in the half. He'd led another strong drive getting the Gators into the red zone setting up a 3rd and goal with 10 seconds left on the clock. He dropped back and had what looked to be a wide open Williams in the end zone for six but at the last minute, Suge's MLB Harrison read the QBs eyes and jumped the route making a sick behind the back INT in the end zone to end the half and keep the game knotted up at 14.

Michigan opened the 3rd quarter with the ball only to end up attempting a 44 yard FG that came up 20 yards short! LOL! Two plays later Dickens found WR Jonathon Carter who broke a tackle and raced 53 yards into the end zone to make it 14-21 Gators.

Michigan would fumble on the first play of their next drive when their WR caught a nice curl route but as he turned to go up field got absolutely destroyed by UF's CB jarring the ball loose and Victor Finley recovering. On the next play Dickens hit TE Nate Robinson for a 23 yard TD to make it 14-28 UF and end the scoring.

Michigan would make some late attempts to get points but their QB was hit on an attempt and MLB Turner would pick it off. Ending the Wovlerines chances of a comeback.

Gameball: QB Nick Dickens 211.3, 20/24, 311 yds, 2 TDs, INT, 7 carries, 11 yds, 2 TDs

Notables:

UF HB Joe Pennington 19 carries, 75 yds
    WR J. Carter 5 rec 98 yds, TD

U of M
    QB Jackson 142.8, 16/27, 277 yds, 1/2
    HB A. Fields 6 att 47 yds TD
    TE Bryant 6 rec 124 yds

Great game from Suge. He had a chance to take control of this game in the second half and playing against the Gators in the Swamp, that's all you can really hope for. I actually feel sorry for some of you big 10 guys. Suge's got a pretty solid squad and I'm looking for him to make a run at the Big 10 title this season once he gets off this ridiculous out of conference schedule that his rival put him on! haha

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha. Sounds like a good game. Suge has been building quite the defense for the past few seasons, it's gotten harder and harder to play him. I got lucky in a comeback win against him last year.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Definitely a good game Gators. If I have a window it will be a narrow one. I lose a great deal of talent at the end of this year. My freshman HBs are pretty good.

11. dakota7

LSU 10
    Florida State 28

This was an ugly game, as the two teams combined to turn the ball over 8 times. The Seminoles were able to convert their turnovers into points and prevented the Tigers from doing the same. HB Danny Mason is turning into the next great Seminole HB and this game he racked up 123 yards rushing and 2 tds. Freshman QB Colt Thompson looked shaky in his second start, finishing the game with 238 yards and 2 tds, however he also threw 3 interceptions. WR Derek McCray led the Seminole receivers with 4 catches for 77 yards.

Good game Pagamer.

12. AJ Hart MN

Look at those Noles.. Killing it!

13. GoGators

Ya, what happened? I thought LSU was suppose to be good this year.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

UNC 34
    GT 20

Can I just scream, we may have to do a poll question as to who should be the starting QB for the Yellow Jackets. The Yellow Jackets started the true freshman Brent Edwards who proceeded to stink the joint out going 9-29-149 yards, 1 TD, 4 Interceptions (2 pick sixes). On the Yellow Jackets first play Edwards rolled out, got hit and the pass was picked off by Tar Heel Nolan Downing who took it back 60 yards for a TD. The Yellow Jackets would respond getting two field goals tying the game. The Tar Heels scored a touchdown to take the lead back. The Yellow Jackets would score two more touchdowns in the first half taking a 20-12 lead at half time. In the second half UNC scored 22 unanswered points. They tied the game in the third quarter, and with 42 seconds remaining in the game the Tar Heels the lead. Then when GT tried to respond TJ Ferguson intercepted Edwards and took it back for the game clinching touchdown.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They are good, they beat UVA [​IMG]

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 25
    Virginia - 37

Don't know if JC knows that UCLA is my team so I hate playing against them but I did what had to be done. The Cav's rebounded from the beat down they took at the hands of LSU in week 1 with their first win of the season at home against the Bruins. UVA was able to run the ball against the Bruin defense. Good thing UCLA's QB sucked because he missed some wide open guys during the game. Still not sure what I have with this team. My HB's are all crap and my style of play really depends on establishing some sort of rushing attack. The defense is solid, giving up 25 points but 2 of the TD's were on some long plays that just kind of happened. No stats handy as im at work but I believe the yards were about equal as well as the turnovers. Good first win for the Cavs to build on after not playing so hot in week 1.

17. dakota7

He ran into a Seminole buzzsaw.

18. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

...[​IMG] - 29
    @[​IMG] - 32

Clemson would open up their first home game against ACC opponent Miami. The Hurricanes came into the game with a very talented team assembled under coach Hova. The Tigers would be looking to avenge a loss last year to Miami and also get their first win of the season.

Coach blLL decided to start true freshman QB Aaron Sanders to see what he could bring to the offense. The Tigers would open up the game by getting a stop, but the Miami defense would also respond as well. On the Hurricanes next drive, they moved the ball all the way inside the Clemson 5, but were stopped on 4th and goal. The Tigers would take over and go the length of the field before HB Marcus Smith punched it in from 2 yards out for the early 7-0 lead. Miami would respond on their next drive as HB Andre Thompson busted a 40 yard TD run, however the kicker missed the PAT and it was still 7-6 Clemson.

Early in the 2nd quarter, the Tigers got a huge break as Miami QB starter Brian Dixon left the game with a strained back. With the back up in, Miami went to the ground and Thompson added his 2nd TD with 2 minutes left in the half. Clemson couldn't get anything going and went into the break down 13-7.

The Tigers had the ball to open the 2nd half, but couldn't get the ball moving as the Miami defense was hounding Sanders all day. Miami would add a FG midway through the quarter to take a two score lead, 16-7. With an anemic offense, Coach blLL decided to go with senior QB Clifton Davidson. He started moving the Tigers down the field, when they got a huge stroke of luck. On 3rd down, Davidson was hit while throwing. The Miami LB tipped the pass, but WR Mark Smith was right there to catch the deflection for the TD (1st video). 16-14 Miami. The Hurricanes would respond quickly with a 1 yard TD run by FB Charles Penn. Then, after a Clemson INT, they added a TD pass. After missed another PAT Miami still lead 29-14 heading to the 4th.

In the final quarter, Davidson got hot and started hitting his WRs left and right. Early in the quarter he hit Smith for an 18 yard TD (2nd video) making it just a one score game. After a big stop, Davidson lead the team down again when he found his RB out of the backfield for an 11 yard TD. After a big 2 point conversion the game was tied at 29-29. Miami would move the ball out near midfield, but were forced to punt after failing to pick up the first on a 3rd down draw play. With 2 minutes to go, Davidson drove the team down the field and into FG range. After centering the ball, the Tigers called a TO with 3 seconds to play and freshman kicker Johnny Taylor connected from 36 yards out to win the game.

Davidson was 18/23 for 267 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT in just under 2 quarters of play. He will most likely be the starter from here on out after his comeback performance today. Next week Clemson will host rival Boston College and look to go 2-0 in the ACC.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Did you redshirt Jorge? Or did he not live up to potential

20. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

No he's been out there. Two tough games against Georgia and Miami have had us behind and throwing more than we'd like. Jorge did make a freshman mistake and muff a punt in the Miami game, but I'm sure he'll come around.

21. GoGators

My guy Cole Williams, Jorge's brother from another mother, got butter fingers as he was headed into the end zone that would of put us in solid control of the game. These guys are like little ferrari's but they need to learn how to hang on to the damn ball!

22. AJ Hart MN

Rutgers @ Penn State
    Penn St welcomed neighbor Rutgers into Happy Valley and much like the first week, they completely dominated the over matched opponent.
    Penn State dominated from the get go in this one as Senior QB Joe Redd threw two first quarter TD's and the Nittany Lions never looked back. The passing game struggled at times as Redd only went 11 for 23 but he continually found big time target Jason Thompson. The Senior All-American caught 4 balls for 108 yards and a TD. He also added a 26yd TD rush in the rout. There was some bad news in the win however as starting TB Joel Coleman went down with an ankle injury and will miss a couple of weeks. This is a big blow to the Nittany Lion offense as he is head's and shoulders above any other TB that we have. Backup Eric Rhodes came in and filled in admirably but also left the game due to injury. 3rd stringer Brad Mills also ran it well but we don't think either of the backups have the skill to be the workhorse Coleman is.
    The defense was again the story as they shut out the Scarlet Nights. Rutgers had really no good chances at scoring and the LB duo of AJ Livingston and Quinton Reid completely dominated the line of scrimmage. CB Matt Breedlove also had a pick six as the secondary looks much improved over last season. We'll see if this form holds up against the much better teams the Nittany Lions are to face as the season moves along.
    Penn State has another bye week and then they open the Big-10 schedule against a great Michigan team. They are really hoping Coleman is ready for the physical matchup as Redd has shown he is vulnerable to the occasional mistake. We really need to establish a running game if we have any chance of beating a great team like the Wolverines.
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    05:24TDPenn StateCraig Dingle TE #84 5 yard pass from Joe Redd QB #22​
    01:34TDPenn StateJason Thompson WR #7 8 yard pass from Joe Redd QB #22​
    Second Quarter
    01:26FGPenn StateT.J. Williams K #17 37 yard field goal​
    00:17TDPenn StateEric Rhodes HB #41 9 yard rush​
    Third Quarter
    05:51TDPenn StateJason Thompson WR #7 26 yard rush​
    Forth Quarter
    07:23TDPenn StateBrad Mills HB #23 4 yard rush​
    05:34TDPenn StateBrad Hagen FB #48 4 yard rush​
    04:30TDPenn StateMatt Breedlove CB #37 32 yard interception​

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

We're these first two teams really rated that much below you? So far everyone' CPU games have been close, other than yours of course.

24. dakota7

Florida State 62
    Boston College 7

BC was dominated in every facet of this game. The Seminole defense established itself early and often, forcing 4 interceptions and 5 sacks. The Noles allowed only 144 total yards of offense to BC. QB Colt Thompson had his first truly impressive game, throwing for 301 yards and 4 tds, including a 72 yarder to WR Derek McCray. The Seminole ground game totalled 218 yards collectively. Next up is a huge rivalry game against Miami, as most of the Seminole top recruits will be in attendance.

25. AJ Hart MN

They were C and C- I believe. I think we have a pretty good team as this is going to have to be the year as we lose several great players off this team next year. Next year will definitely be a rebuilding season and hopefully all these kids we got last year will be ready for primetime in two years.