Season Six Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 19, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Post all game recaps/discussions in this thread for season six.

2. fuzzyl0gic

#17 Rutgers - 31
    #3 Georgia - 23

The Scarlet Knights Prevail in Season Opener

Rutgers had all intentions of starting the season off with a bang after last year's bitter short-comings of National Title hopes, and they did just that. It was a game of the week type matchup, and the first half was a tough defensive battle. Rutgers was held to 1 touchdown and 3 FGs, while Geogia was held to just 7 points. After the third, the Bulldogs found themselves trailing 31-7. They made a comeback effort in the 4th, putting together two drives that resulted in 16 points, but it wasn't enough. The Scarlet Knights ran the clock out and took a victory kneel.

Key Player Stats:

J. Edwards 12/20 262 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs
    J. Harris 26 atts 151 yds
    J. Henderson 3 recs 133 yds 1 TD
    C. Wheeler 4 recs 67 yds

3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    #8 Washington Huskies-31
    #9 Florida State Seminoles-24

Well the Huskies road to the repeat began at home. #8 vs. #9 live from Washington. The new Huskies tried to relive the glory from the previous season, but a team that lost 20 seniors was sure to miss a step, and it could be seen. "We had some bumps along the way. We have some senior leaders, but this team isn't last year's team. They won, but how good they are well I'm just not convinced" said one Washington fan. Coach broth when asked about his teams performance said, "We won. Yea we had trouble moving the ball, but we forced turnovers and scored when we needed to. Florida State is a great team, so I'll take a win anyway we can get it."

The Huskies and Seminoles alternated scores the whole game. The Seminoles were led by Tommy Washington and while he did throw for 264yds, he had 2 costly interceptions, one of which was on the last play of the game. The Huskies had a chance to win the game in regulation, but a kick on the final seconds fell wide left. In OT the Huskies scored quickly. The Noles pounded the rock down to the 2 yard line and stood there facing 1st and goal. After being stuffed on 3 straight plays, they faced 4th and goal from the 4. The Seminoles elected to pass the ball, and in what was ultimatelt the play of the game Zac Singleton stepped up with his 2nd INT of the game and sealed the deal.(The play can be viewed on Dynasty Wire)

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA #13- 38
    UNC - 26

The Bruins travel to Chapel Hill North Carolina to take on the Tarheels. UCLA won the toss and chose to kickoff the 2015 season has began. As UNC was starting with a good drive the Safety Ransom was there in position to get his first INT of the season and take it into Bruin territory. A couple plays later the Bruins were in the end zone. As UNC got the ball back they were once able to drive down the field yet again on this superb Bruins defense for an easy score tied at 7. UCLA got the ball and was driving down the field but hit a bump and had to give the ball up on 4th down. 2nd quarter came into play and as we were about to go into halftime UCLA linebacker Davis went for the strip and got it. Thus leading to a UCLA TD before halftime. UCLA gets the ball back and thought they had a decent drive but was stopped short for a field goal. As UNC's QB Atkins dropped back he threw yet another INT and that lead to another UCLA score. Now 24-7 and here on out the game was just in UCLA's hands.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

#8 Washington 31
    #9 Florida State 24

Missed Opportunities and Inconsistency plagues the Seminoles is the season opener. A national primetime game; it didn't disappoint. Everytime FSU made a play UW responded. Here is what Coach had to say after the game:

"We can't expect to win if we're one dimensional on offense and defense, let alone compete. Missed chances killed us; On the kickoff, we fumble. Then on our first possession, we get a big play but then we follow it with a run for a loss, and two sacks. At the end of the game, we get four tries from the 2-yd line and can't score. Not being able to run the ball really constricted us. Playing the defending nat'l champs in their house, at night on primetime TV and we crapped an egg. I give Washington all the credit, they showed why they are king of the mountain; but I'm embarrassed at our performance. Changes will be made, myself included if we expect to compete for the ACC title, let alone a national championship."

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Let me explain what happened. First game, 30 seconds left I was down 38-41 after foolishly giving away a 31-10 lead (partly trying to play conservative, partly because I was ignoring the fact my bladder was about to burst). Anyway, I managed to get within FG range and my kicker barely makes a 30 yarder against 14mph winds. I stopped ND on the next possession and then paused so I could use the bathroom before OT. My girlfriend had been making food so I went ahead and ate...well she thought it was OK to shut my xbox off while we were eating, thus that game was lost forever and one hell of a game by my MLB gone forever (he had 2 INT's, 5 deflections, 7 tackles and a FF..second game he didn't even get 1 tackle..). There is now a Do Not Touch sign on my xbox.

#7 Michigan State - 38

#4 Notre Dame - 25

Spartans drop Fighting Irish

A good Week 1 matchup between old rivals and both happened to be in the Top Ten. Notre Dame started the scoring off with a long pass on 3rd and long in which the FR CB broke coverage and got burnt. MSU would answer with 21 points to take an early 21-7 lead. But the Irish wouldn't go away as they racked off 10 more of their own to make the halftime score 21-17. The second half would be all MSU as they would score 17 more points while ND only managed 8. Freshmen WR Ostrander would haul in a long pass and broke a tackle to take one 75 yards to the house, his very low acceleration made this play take forever but once he got up to speed he burnt the D. I have to say I don't really like play ND because of the way they run their offense, very cheesy for a CPU. It's No Huddle (which I don't care for) and they always try to throw to the HB first and when you cover the HB the QB starts to scramble like crazy.

Spartans start off 1-0.

Stats

T. Allen - 20/32, 400 yards, 3 TD

J. Williams - 22 Att, 86 yards, 2 TD

A. Ostrander - 3 Rec, 100 yards, TD
    M. Brown - 5 Rec, 91 yards, TD
    C. Evans - 3 Rec, 81 yards, TD

7. fuzzyl0gic

Looks like we've already had some good user match-ups, good job on the write-ups everyone.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

USF - 34
    #21 Wisconsin - 31

What a game. USF opened its season against #21 Wisconsin. After last season's 4-8 record, not even Bulls fans could have been confident going into this game. However, USF was very confident. They had pretty much all new starters, and a defense that is starting freshman in 5 or 6 slots. This was a new team.
    The expected first game jitters hit hard for the freshmen in the beginning of the game, with true freshman LBs missing tackles and true freshmen CBs whiffing on interception chances. Because of this, the game started all Wisconsin and after a quarter, Wisconsin held a 14-0 behind two Jon Harris TD runs. USF struck back, making the game 14-6 on a 4 yard 'WR Dive' out of the fleXbox One. We would see that USF would be plagued by kicking (right stick issues) all game long.
    In the 2nd quarter, Jon Harris then scored from 49 yards out as Wisconsin caught USF blitzing. The score was 21-6 at that point. USF answered with a strike on an In route from 16 yards out for a TD. Brian Barnes extended the play with his legs, rolling out to the right, and fired it in there to Robert Holmes for a TD. USF's two point conversion was good. The ensuing kickoff turned out to be a key momentum shift in the game. The Wisconsin return man was plowed over, and he fumbled. USF scooped up the fumble and scored, tying the game at 21. Wisconsin scored a FG out of the two minute drill, and at the half, the game was 24-21 Wisconsin.
    The 3rd quarter started with a Patrick Morris TD plunge from one yard out. TE Mike Bell answered with a Wisconsin TD on a flat route from 7 yards out. He was left uncovered by a blitzing true freshman Jacob Underwood.
    The 4th quarter was very quiet, but with 3:30 or so left, Wisconsin was driving. From the USF 36, they ran a dive play through a gaping hole and ran straight up the middle, straight into a USF safety 15 yards downfield. He hit him so hard that the ball flew into Jacob Underwood's hands as he was chasing Jon Harris from behind. From here, USF conducted a masterfully executed drive, with a mix of option runs and shotgun passes out of the no huddle. With 1:10 left, Brian Barnes hit Ryan White on a seam route out of the slot for an 11 yard TD, RIGHT in front of a charging safety who looked destined to pick off the pass. Wisconsin still had a chance, but USF ran an original defensive scheme on the last drive, dropping 9 or 10 defenders into a zone on every play. The QB had plenty of time, as only 1 or 2 men were blitzing, but could not throw it any closer than 15 yards to the LOS because the zone smothered the short and intermediate passing game. After a couple of plays, Jacob Underwood intercepted a pass thrown on the run, and the game was sealed. Coach giantsrool36 gets his first user game win at TF, and the option offense looks very good in the victory, as if it can actually work in a major BCS conference.
    The story of the game was turnovers. While the USF defense looked porous, especially in the secondary, they were able to force and recover 3 fumbles, and get an interception. The turnovers were the only reason USF was able to stick around in this game and eventually pull ahead for the victory. For this reason, the game ball goes to the defense.

gg @Dean Evans

9. fuzzyl0gic

Nice upset USF! Getting the Big East some much needed respect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Gotta be honest, I did not expect this. I got lucky being able to force and recover 3 fumbles, which enabled me to win. My team was not even close to Wisconsin in terms of skill, so I needed all the help I could get.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

#14 Iowa - 56
    Syracuse - 35

After exchanging scores in the first, this one opened up pretty quickly. The biggest story of the day was Iowa's ability offensively to move the ball all over the field against massive blitzes and safeties walked down all night to try and stop the run. This resulted in a big day for JR QB Tim Kane going 21/31 for 370 yards with 3 TD's in the air and 1 TD on the ground. Kane never had to look for the tough throws but once or twice on the day as simple strategy predicates if a team is going to walk their safeties up, just dump it to the safe routes and beat press corner coverage with inside routes, no need to get too dangerous and force anything when the safe routes are there. On the ground Iowa HB Joe Williams didn't do squat until the second half where 90% of his 116 yards and two scores on the day came, Iowa went heavy to the misdirection plays to take advantage of the over agressive defense by Syracuse. Defensively the Hawkeyes made enough stops early to put the Orange into prayer mode and all out passes with crossing routes gaining boocoo's of yards all night for the Orange. The defense however managed 3 INT's of the two different Syracuse QB's including one pick six in the second half and held the Orange to 23 rushing yards on only 10 carries. In all it was a good way to start the year for the Hawkeye's as they have their eyes on giving Wisconsin and Michigan State all they they can handle for a shot at the Big-10 crown. It should be a fun year.

POTG:

Iowa - JR QB Tim Kane - 21/31 for 370 yards, 3 TD's passing and 1 TD rushing
    Syracuse - QB Evan Brooks - 16/24 for 316 yards, 2 TD's and 3 INT's (played VERY well down the stretch hitting the TE with very nice throws)

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yep you owned me pretty damn well. I was so pissed about that fourth down conversion one your first drive when you didn't have a kicker it threw me off. I'm not very good at usering the safety and for some reason thought if I did user him it would help me stop the running game. But obviously not b/c I over ran plays and just flat out messed up!

13. fuzzyl0gic

#14 Rutgers - 28
    #3 Michigan State - 7

The Scarlet Knights Get Huge Road Win

Rutgers went on the field today and proved they deserve a higher ranking than #14. "The defense is finally there", was the sentiment expressed by fans who watched the game. Rutgers has always been able to light up the score board, but coach Fuzzy has been working hard over the years to recruit guys to perfectly execute his 3-4 defense, and really become a feared opponent by offenses everywhere. Courtney Wilson and Jeremy Mack, the speedy senior OLB duo, brought heat on MSU's Travis Allen all day, forcing some bad throws and causing 3 and outs. James Williams did have some success running against the Rutgers D, gaining 89 yds on 15 attempts, but State was forced to throw the ball later in the game to try and catch up. The defense also forced two very costly fumbles for MSU. Jonathan Edwards had an efficient day passing, 11/15 145 yds 1 TD 0 INTs, and the star senior HB Jay Harris had a big day with 124 yds 3 TDs on 21 carries. He is going for the Heisman this year. Rutgers will face it's third top 10 opponent in week 3 (#8 Penn State), and continue to show the nation they are still a National Title contender.

GG @MaslerBoros16
    I know you wanted to go for a title this year, but you can still make it if you win out. Good luck to you the rest of the way.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea GG, I think my O line will be a problem this year as they were just giving up way too much pressure and I was forced to throw bad passes. I think I still have a decent shot at the title, maybe I'll see ya there ;)

15. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Clemson takes care of business in Death Valley

Arizona State - 10
    Clemson - 24

Clemson takes the game with ease in Death Valley off of 4 turnovers by ASU, 3 interceptions and a fumble. Clemson was lead by QB Brad Roberts whom threw for 264 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. Clemsons D was lead by Bernard Boyd who lead the team with 7 tackles. Arizona State was backed up inside of their own 10 yard line on the majority of their second half possessions which caused the offense to faulter.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aw cmon you can do a better write up than that ;)

17. Quattro

Miami Proves why they're the #6 team in the land with a convincing win over Clemson.

#6 Miami - 35
    Clemson - 21

Clemson went into the locker room at halftime after a awful first half that resulted in 3 interceptions thrown by veteran QB Brad Roberts which is inexcusable. Clemson was finally able to piece together a drive near the end of the half and scoring with 10 seconds left in the half to pull within 14. The first half was plagued by untimely penalties, drops, and turnovers and was one of the ugliest first halves of recent memory. Clemson received the ball and went 3 and out but came up with a stop on 3rd to force Miami to punt. On Clemson's second possession of the 2nd half, one of Miami's freak defensive tackles seemed to jump out of nowhere to pick of another one of Robert's passes. Clemson made a furious comeback to bring it within 14 but ultimately Brad Roberts 6 interceptions, two of which came in scoring range. Brad Roberts' performance has raised questions of whether he should remain the starting QB next week.

18. fuzzyl0gic

#12 Rutgers - 38
    #7 Penn State - 37

Edwards Plays His Heart Out, Leads Team to Victory

The third road game against a top 10 team has taken it's toll on Rutgers; they nearly let this game get away from them. After a lousy first quarter, they found themselves trailing 10-0 in a loud Beaver Stadium. Rutgers were finally able to get something going in the second, putting up 14 points, but the defense also gave up 14 more points to the Nittany Lions. Jonathan Edwards had a mixed day, with 3 INTs and 3 TDs. 1 INT was total bs, a deflection off a dlineman's helmet. Edwards faced tight coverage all day, and on 2 plays had nothing open, but made huge scrambles for big yardage. He would not let his team down. In the 4th quarter, both Edwards and Harris had to leave the game for good with injuries. It was a hard hitting affair. Freshman QB Lawrence Montoya stepped in and did a great job, throwing 4/6 88 yds 0 TDs 0 INTs. Demarcus Wilcox also did a nice job filling in for harris, rushing for 54 yards on 12 carries with 1 TD. The three game road trip of hell is over for Rutgers, and they get a bye week to heal bruised bones and prepare for conference domination.

Highlight Videos:

19. Quattro

Fuzzy how do you upload videos after the game?

20. fuzzyl0gic

You have to select what highlights you want to upload at the end of the game, you get 5 slots. When they are done uploading, you need to view them on the dynasty wire (www.eaports.com/dynasty). I then download the videos while looking at my story using an application I added to my browser. I use Firefox as my internet browser, so I use this extension:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube-videos/

If you don't have firefox, you can get it here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?from=getfirefox

There is a tutorial included in the link to the extension above, it's pretty simple once everything is installed. Once you download the flash videos to your hard drive, you then need to upload them to youtube. Then you click the 'Media' icon ^^ above (to the right of the tree icon for images) and paste your youtube url for your uploaded video(s).

Let me know if you have any questions.

21. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    #4 Washinton Huskies-35
    Northern Illinois Huskies-14

Dare I say it? The words escaped my mouth following the Washington Huskies most recent victory over the Northern Illinois Huskies. What is that word, it is undoubtedly the one word noone ever wants to be associated with. That word is overrated.

Entering in on a 14 game winning streak, the longest current streak in the country, The UW Huskies looked in position for a rout of their opponent. But after the loss of their starting running back, there were some questions in the Husky backfield. "Well it was a battle coming into the season, we thought both backs were equal, but now that one went down, the decision is made for itself" said current Washinton RB's coach. In a game where the final score was 35-14, and what should have been the Justin Williamson coming out party where he rushed for 172 yards and 3TD's on 23 carries, but instead the talk was of how close the game really was.

It seemed that every time the UW Huskies scored, NIU came down the field with a score of their own, and the Northern Illinois scores weren't trick plays or anything of the sort, but rather smash mouth football where several tackles were broken and big plays were made.

At the end of the half the Huskies squeaked out a 21-14 lead. With a TD in the 3rd and 4th quarter, the Huskies pulled away. But the lead was not as much of a blowout as it looked and Husky fans have reason to be scraed. "We didn't play our best game today. I was expecting us to be alot sharper, especially coming off of a bye. I think our guys may have been looking ahead to our upcoming matchup with Arizona State, but this game was definitely a wakeup call" said coach broth. "I just hope we can keep on doing the things we have done since I arrived, and that is score, force turnovers and win."

22. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It what turned out to be a pretty tight game the arm of senior Evan Brooks and a timely defense proved to be the difference in a conference match-up with Connecticut. The offense settled in a little bit easier than previous games and with a new plan in place on offense points were not a commodity today. Suiting the offense to the talents of the team instead of forcing plays was the catalyst behind this offensive performance. The Orange are now 2-2 on the year and look to continuing to becoming bowl eligible for the second year in a row.

23. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I tried to use that extension on mozilla to download the other video I saved from the game but for some reason it couldn't find it? It just kept saving the same rollout video that is posted. Help would be great.

24. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

#8 Iowa Hawkeyes vs Wisconsin Badgers
    Battle for the Heartland Cup

The Hawkeyes traveled to Madison this week for their first game under new head coach Sibellius to take on a tough Wisconsin team. After holding the Badgers to a three and out on their first posession, the Hawkeyes managed to drive down the field and find the end zone on a short run to the outside. Wisconsin would answer right back with a long drive of their own, capping it off with a short TD run to tie the game at 7. The game would go back and forth for the next few quarters with both defenses holding each other to three and outs. At the start of the 4th quarter the game remained tied 10-10 after each team put up a field goal a piece. After another long drive, Iowa got down into the red zone and kicked another field goal to go up by 3 leaving only a couple minutes on the clock. Wisconsin had to abandon their run game to get some points back on the board but disaster struck when Hawkeye LB Anthony Spence snatched the ball out of the air to seal the game.

[​IMG]

Key Player Stats

Iowa

QB Tim Kane 18/22 260 yds
    RB Joe Williams 12 rushes 48 yds 1 TD/1 fumble
    WR Evan Brown 4 rec 56 yds

Wisconsin

QB Brian Lowery 13/22 169 yds 1 INT
    RB Jon Harris 10 rushes 41 yds 1 TD
    WR CJ Lowe 4 rec 57 yds
    ROLB Ryan Jones 6 tackles

25. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Did i miss something? Weren't you in the PAC-10 or were you already Iowa when we played this year? I could've sworn it was duhman running Iowa..