Season Start Date (Users need to respond)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Season Start Date (Users need to respond)

Hey guys.
    A week out from release, and I'm sure everyone's pumped to get this started.
    I did want to get a pulse from the members to see when people want to get things going.
    A couple of things to take into consideration:

I'd like to use Luv's roster file as it's a Tradition product and they're hard at work on it. If anyone has any objection to that, let me know. However, that does mean that we're at the mercy of whenever they finish, so we might want to set a cutoff date to where if they take more than two weeks to finish it, we run with another set.

If you guys want to get started within the next two weeks, we might have to skip the tourney. It's good to get the league started, but at the same time, it'd be nice to get one started to let people get used to eachother, as well as to come up with a set of sliders that works for the whole league. The slider process is going to take a few days as I want to try to come up with a set that allows for equal success with the run and the pass, but we need to set up some boundaries as to how we come up with them.

Personally, I wouldn't like to start within the first week, as I won't even get my copy until the 20th, but if people want to start early, I'll try to find a way around it.

To me, the priorities are as follows:

1. Rosters
    2. Slider sets
    3. The Cradle Tourney
    4. Potential bugs with the system (had troubles in '09 with rosters, etc)
    Where do you guys sit on these?

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Dont mind skipping the tournament, Just gotta wait for a roster set and some decent sliders

3. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

i wouldnt mind playing just random pick up games with each other but i could really care less as far as the tournament goes. def. want the rosters

4. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

For, me... I would just play the tournament, while we are waiting for the rosters and sliders.

5. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

That was the thinking.

The rosters and sliders are happening while the tourney's going on, so if we're waiting for rosters and sliders, we can do the tourney. The tourney would take a week and a half, at most.

6. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

I am not much of a tourny guy personally.

I would be ok with waiting for the rosters.

7. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

Im getting the game friday so Ill be ready whenever you guys are ready to get goin. I usually play mostly offline anyway so if it takes a week or two after official release then thats fine with me.

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

As long as we have some named rosters im good to go

9. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Waiting works for me.

10. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

So it seems like the consensus is that most of us are okay with waiting on the rosters?

Sounds good.

I'll have a sign-up thread for the tourney here in the next couple of days. If you don't want to participate, that's fine, but the champ gets an extra 10 CP, and every bit helps. Also, the tourney's going to be a part of the slider-making process, so keep that in mind, but we'll keep that as open as possible so everyone's got a bit of input.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Wait as long as we need for a decent of rosters to come out.

Sliders can be tweaked week in and week out, so no waiting there.
    Any updates will take effect even if the OD was started w/o them.

12. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Regarding the updates, I just remember that being an issue a couple years ago. I thought that since the dynasties are hosted console-side and not server-side (unless that's changed), you would have to restart the dynasty for any patch to take effect. You're probably right on this, Murk, but I just remember it being an issue a couple years ago.

Ideally, I'd like to get a workable set of sliders before we start so that no one's getting hosed the first couple weeks, but you're certainly right that they will be tweaked from week to week if and when we find issues with them.

The rosters are the one thing we'll wait on. I'll check in periodically to see how Luv's rosters are coming, and we'll go from there.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I'm just speaking from experience. No worries.

14. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Aren't Luv's rosters for PS3??