Season Two Team Previews

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Dec 21, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Post user previews here. If you need an example or ideas, check HERE.

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    QB- The Beavers are led by Quarterback Ryan Katz. His name wasn't mentioned much because the Beavers are only focused on a dominant ground attack, that's what makes the Beaver offense go.​
    RB- Looks like the starting running back position has been given to Jordan Jenkins since McCants has now graduated. Jordan is 6'1" at 213 pounds who has great acceleration but his speed is his downfall. The Beavers have a speedy back behind Jenkins. I wouldn't be surprised if they share carries.​
    WR- The Beavers have two solid receivers on the outside, Markus Wheaton, and Jordan Bishop. Both sit at 6'3" and have good speed. Look for Katz to throw to these experienced receivers.​
    TE- Well you have Colby Prince, not anything big since he was used has a blocker for the Beavers ground attack. He isn't a threat at all.​
    Oline- The Beavers offensive line is hurting bad, they only have one returning starter the rest are either freshmen or have been on the bench. I think the ground attack the Beavers try to have will not be good for them due to the new line.​
    Dline- The line is led by Andrew Seumalo he's a big guy sitting at 6'3" at 283 lbs with amazing speed and acceleration. Then you have Taylor Henry he is a lot faster than Seumalo and can create much damage just as Seumalo. I think the Beavers will have a ton of pressure on the opposing PAC-12 teams due to the defensive line they have.​
    Linebackers- The Beaver defense have to good outside linebackers who are good at causing problems in the backfield, they can stop the run thanks to their block shedding abilities and speed.​
    CB- It seems the Beavers have only one standout CB, Jordan Poyer. This man can play Zone and Man incredible, the Pac-12 teams will have problems if they throw the ball his way.​
    Prediction- I think the Beavers will go 8-4 due to their offensive line problems. It's up the coach Noff to prove the Pac-12 wrong.​

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

Great first example -Cougars-, you did a phenomenal job!

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Thank you kind sir :)

5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Coach Irishbearcat looks to take Cal to the next level and put them in position to take the PAC 12 North.

Offense:

This team is led by (SR) RB Isi Sofele. Though he only stands at 5’7”, he is monster running the ball. He is a hard north and south runner however he is not one that gets many looks in the receiving game.
    (SR) QB Zach Maynard will be the signal caller for Cal. Maynard has been working in the offseason to limit his INTs. Maynard will look to end his career at Cal on a high note.

Cal will have some big holes to fill at WR. Their leading returning WR only has 141 yards. WR Keenan Allen appears to be the #1 WR on the team. He has great catching skills and has solid speed to be a leader for the wide receiving corps.

Cal has 3 solid TE’s that will be factors in the passing game. Defenses, do not sleep on these guys or you will get burned.

Cal offensive line is anchored by (SR) Matt Summers Gavin. The left side of the offensive line looks to be solid and will be a huge bonus for Sofele to find holes in the run game.

Defense:

Cal’s defensive line will need to lean on its interior lineman to help their ends play to their full potential. The defensive ends are young and inexperienced with both starting ends being (RS) SO. However, at the DT position, (SR) Aaron Tipoti and Kendrick Payne will look to cause havoc on opposing offensive lineman by stuffing anything that comes up the middle.
    (JR) MLB Steven Fanua is the leader of the linebacker corp. Fanua has the speed and accerlation to play in defensive coverage or put pressure on the opposing QB. Look for Fanua to among the top in the nation for tackles for loss.

Cal’s defensive secondary is what makes this defense shine. Shutdown corners Marc Anthony and Josh Hill (both seniors) will cause havoc to opposing QB’s that look to throw their way. Both are excellent at man and zone coverage. Hill is more effective when pressing opposing WRs.

Free safety (JR) Steve Williams will look to increase his INT total from a year ago. He has great acceleration and plays hard between the whistle. SS (Fr) Michael Cook will be an immediate impact to the Cal defense. Cook enrolled in January at Cal to begin his winter workouts with the other defensive backs. Cook was a standout in the spring game. Look for Cook to be named to the Freshman All-American team at season’s end.

Special Teams:

Cal has true freshman starting at kicker (Lee Tremblay) and punter (Andy Morris). Punter Morris is a power punter but struggles with accuracy. Tremblay has better accuracy but lacks the power that Morris has.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    Great Thrower in Jordan Wynn transitioning to the spread

[​IMG]
    Great runner in Thretton Palamo when he can stay healthy. Crowded backfield ready for him to get hurt

[​IMG]
    Best WR in the Pac 12 by rating in DeVonte Christopher, ready to outdo his 933 yard 6 TD junior season

[​IMG]
    Best TE in the Pac 12 in Kendrick Moeai

[​IMG]
    Very Solid Oline led in the middle by Center Tevita Stevens

[​IMG]
    Stud nose tackle as we transition to the 3-4 in Star Lotulelei

[​IMG]
    Boo Anderson will control a decent group of line backers

[​IMG]
    Brian Blechen is the star of this team. Freshman All-American safety, played corner last year but will convert back to SS this year and is ready to play big

[​IMG]
    Big things are expected from Kicker Coleman Peterson and punter Sean Sellwood this year

[​IMG]
    A name to remember; Lucky Radley. 3 rushing TDs as a freshman will get some carries but look for him to be an impact return man this year

[​IMG]
    Freshman to watch: #6 Brian McDougal. With Eric Rowe going down with a knee injury in camp, he will redshirt the season and McDougal has stepping in and drawn a lot of praise from the veterans. Look for Blechen to control the secondary and teach this young kid the ropes fast.

And thats basically my Utes

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Oshiomogho you're supposed to do WSU, not your own team!

8. IrishBearcat

Yea he messed it up, lol!

I didn't mean to be so confusing, I thought it was spelled out pretty clear to do the team across from you.

9. fuzzyl0gic

and Noff was supposed to do UCLA, maybe we should just stick to our own? It's just a bit easier to talk about last year and projecting forward if it's your own team.

10. IrishBearcat

Everyone just pick a team to preview, no repeats. I'll spell it out clearly next season.

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

it didnt make any sense to me. Why would we do someone elses team?! we preview our team because we are our own experts.
    I was lazy with mine, just wanted to get something done for you

12. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I agree.

13. IrishBearcat

I think it's cool getting another perspective from an opposing coach. After reading Noffke's breakdown it was one of the more enjoyable content things I've read. If others would rather preview their own team, I don't mind changing it down the line.

14. fuzzyl0gic

Alright, I'll give it a try this season (doing someone elses).

15. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Because its an unbiased review.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Washington State 2012 Team Preview
    QB: Out of all the uncertainty that surrounds this Washington State squad and their arrogant new Head Coach, one thing you should be able to count on is a solid performance by Senior QB Jeff Tuel. He is 85 OVR, with 88/91 THP/THA. This guy could be dangerous.​
    HB: Look for Carl Winston or Rickey Galvin to get the start, Coach Natural loves speed. They have 90 and 91 speed respectively, but low carrying and OVR ratings (72/64). Can they produce in the spread scheme?​
    WR: Junior Marquess Wilson will no doubt be Tuel's primary target, he stands at 6'3" and has decent speed (92). He also has good hands (87 catching, 89 spectacular catch), so he could put up a lot of numbers this year. Curtis Harris could present some problems for some secondaries, as he is 6'6" and has good hands as well. He will likely be a possession receiver. Behind these two, there are a lot of young guys who show potential. The 6'5" Freshman Marcus Dotson may even see some balls thrown his way.​
    TE: Andrei Lintz and Skylar Stormo, both Seniors, will be the starting TEs. They are both 6'5" and ~250 lbs, and not that fast. Their catching and blocking abilities leave a lot to be desired, but should be able to get the job done.​
    OL: This may be the weakest link in the team. They are two deep at every position besides RG. At both G positions, the starters are 72 and 71 OVR. Will they be able to protect Tuel? Time will tell.​
    DL: A solid core of Seniors lead the way on the d-line, and they bring good size and strength to the table. They should be able to wreck some havoc in the backfield.​
    LB: Junior CJ Mizell leads the group in talent; he is 78 OVR and has good speed (81) and tackling abilities (82 tackle, 83 Hit Power, 79 block shedding). He will be able to provide some help defending the run game. Junior Sekope Kaufusi and Darren Markie have to step it up on the onside, they have sub-par tackling abilities so they this unit may be susceptible to outside runs.​
    Secondary: Nolan Washington and Daniel Simmons will be the outside corners. They don't have great size (5'11" and 5'10) but they both have 85+ man/zon coverage ratings. The nickel corner Anthony Carpenter sub-par coverage abilities (68 man, 77 zone). He may be a target for opposing QBs. Senior Tyree Toomer is a talented FS with 89 speed and 77/85 man/zone coverage. He has 77 tackling ability and 90 play recognition. PAs won't fool him. Junior SS Deone Bucannon is also talented, he is 84 OVR and has good size 6'1". With 80/81/85/81 tackle/hit power/pursuit/play recognition and 86/87 man/zone coverage, look for Bucannon to be the heart and soul of this secondary.

Prediction: 8-4; I see them pulling off some upsets, but the top tier talented teams will be too much for their weak oline and Line-backing core. Prove me wrong Natty.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  17. IrishBearcat

As commish and in the best interest of the league I'm going to play my game prior to writing my preview. I work 8am-5pm tmr, and the entire time I'll have access to a computer and have pretty much nothing to do. I'll get it done then, and also avoid holding us up at the same time.

18. The Natural

Well Oshiomogho did mine for me so...thanks!

Nice team preview fuzzy!

19. IrishBearcat

The Natural
    IrishBearcat
    CoachRedd
    BakerWildcat7

ASU, UCLA, ZONA, & Washington all need previews. The four tagged users need to do previews. We'll asign them as follows:

IrishBearcat - Arizona
    CoachRedd - Washington
    The Natural - UCLA
    BakerWildcat7 - ASU

20. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]FILLING THE SHOES OF A STAR[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    WR Dan Bucker will attempt to replace AA WR Juron Criner
    HEAD COACH: BakerWildcat7
    BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER: WR Dan Buckner
    BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER: FS Adam Hall
    IMPACT FRESHMAN: DE David Jacobs & K Bryan Mansfield

Coach BakerWildcat's first campaign fell short of expectations with a 4-8 season plagued by inconsistent football and several unlucky breaks. Tuscon had high expectations to immediately compete for a South Division crown with his hiring. It will be crucial for health of the program for the Wildcats to make it to a bowl game and beat rival Arizona State in order for the head coach’s seat to cool down. Arizona’s football team isn’t very flashy, but the roster is balanced from top to bottom without many holes and solid players at every position. The biggest strength of the team is the offensive line, which could spell a breakout season for SR RB Greg Nwoke. Defensively, the front 7 is young and will need to develop, but SR LB Jake Fischer will provide great leadership to help the group mature. The strength is the secondary with several key playmakers.

QUARTERBACKS: QB Daxx Garman has a nice arm, solid accuracy, and adds another element for defenses to worry about with his ability to take off with his speed. The depth behind him is 3 true freshman who have potential, but if asked to enter the game the offense will be severely crippled.

RUNNINGBACKS: Greg Nwoko leads a nice stable of backs as a more balanced runningback. He's got enough speed and quickness to make you miss, but can also lean forward and seize the tough yards when necessary. Look for KaDeem Carey to be a surprise player in this group with his speed.

RECEIVERS: Exit Juron Criner, enter Dan Buckner. The transfer from Texas showed flashes of greatness last season, but will he be able to be productive without Criner drawing double-teams? All the potential is there, but Buckner will be asked to step up in a huge way. Terrance Miller provides another 6'4 target on the outside. Garic Wharton provides elite quickness despite his small size at 5'7. Zona has one of the best groups of TE's in the entire conference with 2 very solid options in Colt Lyerla and Jack Baucus.

OFFENSIVE LINE: The strength of the entire football team, the offensive has great talent across the board. The depth could be improved, but if this group can stay healthy there will be many holes for the backs to run through, and Garman should have plenty of time in the pocket.

FRONT SEVEN: The defensive line has solid DT's but young DE's. Washington and Tuihalamaka will anchor the middle of the defense, but Pettinato and true freshman Jacobs will struggle on the outside. The linebackers are anchored by one of the bets players on the defense with Jake Fischer, as well as the secondary with another star at FS Adam Hall.

PREDICTION: Arizona will finish 6-6, with a loss to Arizona State. They'll barely sneak into a bowl, and the game will be a must-win contest for Arizona. Coach BakerWildcat will calm the fans down just enough to hang onto his job and set himself up for a breakout year in his third campaign of his tenure.

21. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Homework assignments? When is this due professor?

22. IrishBearcat

5 PM EST sharp for you pal. :)

23. The Natural

UCLA BRUINS 2012 FOOTBALL PREVIEW
    [​IMG]

While the city of Los Angeles waits for a professional football team to return, the UCLA Bruins are the only football players who can deliver a high-profile gridiron championship to the City of Angels. Last year UCLA burst on to the scene with a great season going (11-3) and winning the PAC-12.

If UCLA can somehow upend Utah and Washington the “other” L.A. football school could sneak into the league’s second championship game again this December. In order to do that, however, the Bruins must fight the high expectations brought on by last seasons success.

Roster Overview

Quarterback

[​IMG]
    Richard Brehaut

Senior QB brings experience and stability to the most important position on the field. Brehaut is very accurate and has just enough speed to move around the pocket to avoid the rush. With a very inexperienced backfield he will be relied on heavily to put up points this season. Brehaut has the experience and the receivers to form one of the most explosive passing games in the country.

Running Back

[​IMG]
    Andrew Crenshaw

UCLA has young and not very deep backfield, each player should be counted on to share the RB duties as not one really stands out as a playmaker. Someone will have to step here as this looks to be the weakest part of the offense.

Receivers

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Willie Griffin Ricky Marvray Randall Carroll

You are looking at 2 of the 4 members of UCLA's PAC 12 2012 4x4 Relay Winners. Three playmakers with track speed who can all take it the distance anytime they touch the ball. True Freshman Willie Griffin is expected to start and be a difference maker on day 1. Junior TE Wilson Richard also has the talent to be a factor in the passing game.

Offensive Line

[​IMG]
    Chris Ward

Junior Chris ward leads a decent, albeit inconsistent, offensive line who is expected to protect one of the PAC 12's best quarterbacks. The offensive line is one of the biggest questions this year. Can UCLA's offensive line hold up long enough for their playmakers to excel? The jury is still out.

Defensive Line

[​IMG]
    Cassius Marsh

A good defensive line with a plethora of pass rushers will get after the opposing quarterback this season. With Damien Holmes & Owamagbe Odighizuwa they have edge rushers with great speed to disrupt things when teams air it out. But will they be able to hold up in the now run oriented PAC 12?

Linebackers

[​IMG]
    Jordan Zumwalt

Junior LB Jordan Zumwalt is the best of a solid group of LB's. His size an speed combination (6'4 227, 82SPD 90ACC 83STR) has pro scouts labeling him the next Brian Urlacher. It will be up to UCLA's coaching staff to use this "freak" to his full potential. Patrick Larimore should also be a quality contributor in this speedy group of LBs.

Secondary

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Aaron Hester Andrew Abbott Sheldon Price

Aaron Hester, relative of NFL All-Pro return man Devin Hester, shows he is a better cover guy than this cousin anchoring the Bruin secondary. He and Andrew Abbot form one of the best corner tandems in the conference. Senior FS Sheldon price mans the middle of the field. He brings great athleticism to the position, his speed allowing him to make plays all over the field even if his lack of awareness has him out of position at times.

Season Prediction

I expect UCLA to finish right around where they did last year at 11-3, they have the offensive talent to carry a good defense back to the PAC 12 Championship.

Schedule
    Week 1 @ Colorado
    Week 2 @ Mississippi State
    Week 3 San Diego State
    Week 4 Virginia Tech
    Week 5 BYE
    Week 6 @ Arizona State
    Week 7 Utah
    Week 8 Stanford
    Week 9 Arizona
    Week 10 @ Cal
    Week 11 @ Washington State
    Week 12 Oregon State
    Week 13 BYE
    Week 14 USC

• Like Like x 2
  24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Damn shame UCLA can't pull any good looking chicks good lord. Changed the picture nevermind but this is a neat write up

25. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Arizona State is coming for you