Season Two (W10)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Paytonno1son, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Coming...

2. BigTexas18

BigTexas18 Walk On

Same...

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

Confused....

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU falls to ECU, 24-16

MTSU dropped to 4-5 on the season Saturday suffering their first loss of the year at home to ECU, just a week after recodring their first win on the road. The first quarter was scoreless, seeing both teams force consecutive punts, but ECU got their high powered passing attack going in the 2nd quarter as QB Shane Carden found WR Justin Hardy for a 37 yard touchdown strike and the first score of the day. MTSU would answer with a field goal, but ECU would strike again, quickly, as Carden would keep it himself this time and scamper in from 2 yards out. MTSU put together a necessary 2 minute drill, that was capped off with a 1 yard Jordan Parker touchdown run in order to keep themselves in it heading to the locker room.

"At the break, I thought we had gained momentum back, but I guess I was wrong, they came out and shut our crowd up and shut us up in the second half," said DE Jujuan Finnell.

We played well in stretches in the game, last week we played 60 minutes of bust ass football, this week i say we played about half that, and it was almost enough. So with that being said, we gotta realize that we are or can be a pretty dad gum good football team, we just have to play sound football, execute well, and most importantly play hard every down. Good things happen when you play hard," said Coach Hickerson following the loss.

ECU scored the only points of the 3rd quarter on another touchdown pass from Carden. The Blue Raider defense then held them to just 3 points in the 4th as well, but all the offense could muster was 2 field goals in the 2nd half. Austin Grammer had a big day yardage wise through the air, going 33-56 for 434 yards. He did throw 2 interceptions however.

"I could have played better, I could have completed more passes, and most importantly I could have not thrown 2 interceptions. We moved the ball well obviously, but we gotta start getting 6 in the red zone instead of 3, and I cant make mistakes like that, especially against quality opponents," said sophomore QB Austin Grammer.

MTSU will look to keep their bowl hopes alive next week, as they travel to take on Florida Internation and coach Paytonno1son

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Huskies Cannot cap off come back in loss to Ball St.

NIU - 39 Ball St. 42

Defense, Defense, Defense. It was non existant in this contest between NIU and Ball State. Both teams combined for 996 Yds of total offense, NIU was gashed all day on the ground and through the air as they gave up 497 Yds (169 rush). True FR Ryan Gatewood of Ball St. was impressive to say the least, he ended 25/30 for 328 with 2TD and no INT. On the ground Gatewood ran the ball 11 times for 33 Yds and one TD. NIU proved they need all the help they can get along the Defensive Line as SR RB Jahwan Edwards ran 24 times for 123 Yds and 2 TD, his longest being only 18 Yds.

At one point in this contest it looked like NIU had not shot of winning the ball game. At the end of the 3rd Qtr. the score was BALL 35 NIU 17. rJR Matt MaIntosh had a different plan going into the final period. McIntosh moved the ball all over the field on his way to a 470 Yd 5 TD performance. But it was the defense that again failed to stop Ball St. on a 3rd and 6 to force a punt with 1 minute left.

Top NIU performers:

Matt McIntosh; 28/37 470 5TD 2INT

Dechane Durante; 15Tkl 2TFL

Boomer Mays; 9Tkl 3Tfl 2Sks​

7. BigTexas18

BigTexas18 Walk On

CJTHA1 I need a win from you against UTEP! Go aggies!