Season Two (W2)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by majesty95, Aug 26, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

guayo10 Colorado State at Kent State majesty95

Colorado State came out firing on all cylinders. They moved the ball well and took an early lead. Kent State would fight their way back in and the two teams battled through three quarters. One team had some fortune late and pulled away. Watch the video to see who it was...

GG guayo10. As I was editing I realized I threw 6 screens (1 FL and 5 bubble). May have been a tad high. I generally say 4-5 completions per game for different concepts (slants, posts, flags, curls, etc) is reasonable. My apologies if you felt I overdid it.

2. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

No problem, should have changed up the D to stop most of those. That fake FG PAT + the kickoff return killed me. Could've been 24 all instead of 31-22.

3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

FIU Hangs on to Clip Eagles in OT

The Panthers were in much need of a win after the crushing loss they experienced against UCF. The EMU Eagles were in the same predicament as FIU, so they were just as hungry.

The Panthers made the most of their first drive, power running with some timely passing to get the score on the legs of Jake Medlock for 15 yards. On the next drive the Eagles picked the Panthers apart through the air despite the Panthers D swatting down multiple passes. Key play was 4th & 1 on the 49 yard line. FIU was poised to stop the run up the gut, only to watch the Eagles running back scoot outside for the 1st. This seemed to suck the wind out of the FIU defense who would then get burned by some pinpoint passing by Tyler Benz to WR Dustin Kreel for the 38 yard score. The Panthers would need some luck of their own as they would get stopped inside the 40 yard line on their next drive. Coach Rausa decide to go for it with 3 yards to go instead of putting in the hands of noodle-legged kicker Sergio Sroka. Medlock would get the 1st down and eventually set-up a Jakahri Gore 1 yard TD run. The eagles would drive and score a FG on the next possession and then follow up with a TD off of a Medlock INT on a forced curl route pass. 17-14 as the Eagles went in for the half.

The 2nd half, both defenses stepped up. Untimely turnovers were the key as the only score came on a FIU 28 yard FG that would bring the teams even for the start of the 4th. The 4th quarter yeilded no points, although both teams had plenty of opportunities.

In OT, EMU won the toss and elected to play defense and see if they could stop the Panthers as they had done the previous quarter. FIU was just hoping they could get away with out a turnover, score a FG and leave it up to their defense. FIU put the ball in the hands of their impact RB Gore who took the ball on a power toss left to the 6 yard line. The next play, FIU caught the Eagles off guard with a Jet Sweep to James Louis for the 6 yard score. In the Eagles frame, they could get nothing going as FIU would deflect 3 passes in a row to salvage the win and return home at 1-1.

GG Ninersfan80 , their were some big momentum swings. Your 68 overall D played well above their rating when needed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I thought I was up 17-14 in one of my last drives in the 4th so I was trying to waste time. That is what I get for trying to multitask and my girl talking to me the whole time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU falls to 0-2 at the hands of Minnesota, 52 to 31. I don't know what it is, I have ZERO ability to stop the computer at all. Their QB's never throw incompletions, and they gush me right up the middle at will. Is anybody else having this problem this bad? Do I just suck? Is my team that bad? What is it? Please help.

MTSU hosts Memphis next week in their home opener.

6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I suck against the CPU too. I swear there is someone always open for the other team no matter what coverage I have and it is frustrating.

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

When is the deadline for this week?

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

Tonight.

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

oh damn, better play my game

10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

NIU overcomes Berkstresser's near perfect game to win 34-17

NIU

Matt McIntosh 15-17 241 1TD

Giorgio Bowers 23-123-1
    Argeros Turner 8-34-1

JuWan Brescacin 4-105-1
    Giorgio Bowers 3-44-0

Mizzou

Corbin Berkstresser 22-24 296 1TD

Marcus Murphy 20-64-1

Jermey Page 7-77-0
    Dorial Green-Beckham 4-65-1​

11. BigTexas18

BigTexas18 Walk On

Can someone do me a favor? Since the game was simmed it seems the dynasty page doesn't post a game recap. Can someone check my week 2 game in the game and pm me my standouts. Been wondering statistically how my team performed over the loss. Or if you know where to find player stats lemme know!

12. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

L, 45-28

N. Sherry 12-21 172 3 0
    N. Kapeli 36 155 1
    No big receiver games
    C. Jefferson 5 pancakes
    K. Keys 5 tck 2tfl

13. BigTexas18

BigTexas18 Walk On

Thanks bud