Season Two (W4)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by xx Vols xx, Aug 29, 2013.

1. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Illinois traveled to Washington for a Week 4 clash. Washington entered the game ranked #21 in the Polls. The Illini took the opening drive down mixing the run and pass and settled for a FG. The Huskies answered and moved quickly down field and the Illini received a gift INT inside the 10. Illinois drove it the length of the field and went up 10-0. The Huskies found back with their no huddle attack and quickly scored a TD. The 2nd quarter ended with both teams trading TD's. The second half was back and forth/ give & take with it coming down to 4 minutes on the clock and Illinois up by 6. The Illini were able to grind out a few 1st downs and win 30-24.

The game froze up while uploading highlights, it shows the win in the dynasty but not on the website so no photos or game stats as of now. Illinois is on a bit of a run after winning in back to back weeks on the road against ranked foes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Kent State 57, San Jose State 54

SJSU at Kent 14.jpg

This was one of the craziest games I think I may have ever played on NCAA. I started out steamrolling them. Every time Durham touched the ball, 10-12 yard run. Didn't matter if it was a dive, inside zone, power, read option give, whatever. My D was suffocating them too. I thought I was en route to an easy win.

Then I threw an interception.

The whole game changed at that point. All of the sudden I couldn't stop them on offense and they continued to let my line manhandle them like like a group of schoolgirls.

We literally went back-and-forth the whole second half. I would run the ball down thew field and score and then they would pass their way down the field and score. It was nuts.

Normally I don't like outlier games like this from individuals but I couldn't do anything to stop it. I was in a shootout and my line was just dominating them. I kept running inside zones and dives and Durham just kept churning out 10, 12 yards. I even had two 60+ yard carries by him that I uploaded. Just insane.

Of course, their QB decides to have an equally heroic 513 yard passing performance and complete 13 passes to the same receiver (CHEESE!!! LOL) for 230 yards. Just a nutty, nutty game.

Top top it off my KR returned his 3rd KR to the house (fourth overall including a punt return). I don't know what it is with him, Dri Archer couldn't do that last year and I think I've returned 2 total in my other league. But this guy just makes one guy miss and is gone. I've resorted to just running straight up the field with him and not making any cuts...

Oh well, hopefully my D returns to the glimpes they showed early in this game. I can't stomach too many more games like this. :sick: