Seattle Seahawks S2 Year in review

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by ChickenOfTheSea, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Seattle Seahawks Year in Review:

Due to the IRL Demands I end up missing one season of Madden that falls in the 4th quarter Fiscal. As a result my Team goes in the tank for that season, (Lets be honest it goes in the tank during seasons I play all games too) :)
    That said overall here is my recap:

Beginning the season Seattle was rated 78 as a team. We hoped to improve on that and also get younger:
    Steps taken: Matt Hasslebeck was not resigned as the age and inaccuracy on the deep throws was missing also there was a noticeable slowing in his release. Weeks 1-11 Charlie Whitehurst started. After playing most of last year at an average level. But week 12 Seattle picked up Kyle Orton from FA, after a tip from Orton's agent, definitely Seattleā€™s best move of Year 2. Orton threw at least 3 TDs in each of his 4 games with Seattle. And had a positive TD/INT ratio in all but the Dallas game.

OFFENSE:
    WR Mike Williams was the bright spot in the Receiving Corps. 67 catches and 6 scores in a year that I only played 6 games. He is the go to at this point. The Orton to Williams will be a good thing going forward. Williams is missing the get deep speed of a true #1. But shows the size and hands to be a very good X. Age, Injury, and low ratings plague this group otherwise.

On the ground HB Marshawn Lynch has the muscle to be a power back, But lacks the hands and speed to be a reliable receiving threat in Seattles pass first offense. The offensive Line started only 2 players rated over 80. Which makes rushing hard. This is an area Seattle must address in the Draft and FA, either by adding a top flight HB or improving the line to give Lynch the holes and blocking to succeed.

DEFENSE:
    Seattle played a hybrid 43 this season. With less than optimal success. A Move to the 34 has been hinted at. With 2 True Defensive Ends over 320lbs and 3 Starting quality DL players over 320 and 85 STR, it seems like a valid direction. But the Line backing Corps is undersized for that move. Look for Seattle to base their Defensive strategy on their success in acquiring players this offseason.
    MLB Lofa Tatupu again led the team in tackles despite missing 3 games, OLB Curry underachieved as did CB Marcus Trufant. In the backfield 2nd year Safety Thomas and Rookie CB Quint McNeil played well if not spectacularly. Expect some changes here as well.

Offseason Goals:
    Improve the OL at LG RT and Center.
    Trade for or draft a 34 Rush OLB and 34 ILB.
    Draft or sign a HB with 93+ speed over 200 lbs
    Acquire a SS over 200lbs with 85+ speed and 80+ HIT.
    Address a kicker (Mare Retiring at 38)
    Find an every down Nickelback

Team Breakdown:
    Potential "A": 8 total, Offense 2, Defense 6, Age 30 or above: 1.
    Potential "B": 28 total, Offense 16, Defense 12, Age 30 or above: 13.
    Potential "C": 17 total.
    Potential "A": 2 total.

Total Players Age 30 or above: 17.
    Out of 20 Positions, positions without a 80+ rated player: 6.

Pre-progression breakdown by personnel grouping: QB: 3, HB/FB: 5, TE: 3, WR: 6, OL: 10, DL: 10, LB: 6, DB: 10, K/P: 2.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm really liking these breakdowns of everyones team. Keep it up folks.

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

You can thank me for Orton

4. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Nice write up. Apparently SS is a need for everyone. Heh

5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I need an SS more than anyone. I have a 71 OVR C potential starting

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Safety is always a huge need for people

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Yeah does this game not have any SS???????? its stupid. No wonder the rushing stats are so high :) and @yankeery25 I do thank you for Orton, changed my whole offseason.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Teams like the chiefs are lucky, with Eric Berry and Aspha Savage back there

9. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

el oh el

10. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I need a FS, I'd be willing to trade my 1st round pick for a good one

Nice write up

11. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Adrian Wilson and Kerry Rhodes ftw

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

TJ Ward, Larry Asante, Dorian Hill woo hoo

13. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I'm not doing any trading until after I play the Super Bowl and I re-evaluate my roster. But I will certainly look at your Free Safeties and get back with ya.