SEC Championship Auburn 27 vs UT 41

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Oct 26, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

SEC Championship Auburn 27 vs UT 41

UT won the toss and was in the endzone after five str8 running plays to Bryce Brown.

7-0 UT.

Auburn moved it right back down and scored a td after a nice drive.

7-7.

UT would punt and Auburn would punt, we would then add a FG and kick off.

We would get pressure on the Auburn qb and he would force a throw that would be picked off.

Couple plays later Brown was in the endzone again and its 17-7 UT.

We were feeling pretty good about ourselves....Auburn hits a quick slant and takes it the distance and in the blink of an eye its 17-14.

Xavier Stephens was supposed to be back for this game and wasnt...he takes a long time to heal I guess, so Freshman three star QB Brian Simmons who was a redshirt at the start of the year had to lead the team again, he is a three star 75 overall player. He is the only live qb left on the roster however.

He was doing a nice job of playing within himself and led a drive back down to the Auburn five, a sack on second down would leave up with a third and goal from the ten or so. We threw an ill advised pass that got picked off in the endzone and Auburn would take advantage with a drive and take a 21-17 lead. We also threw a pass to the flat that an Tiger DE would jump and take it back to the house...ouch. What looked good for us changed in a hurry.

Right before the half Simmons would make another mistake and our D held strong with a FG.

Auburn leads at the half 24-17.

We made a decision to try and take away the middle of the field in the second half with our LBs and DBs and it worked out.

On O we wanted to grind Brown and limit the mistakes our young qb could make and it worked well also. We noted the Tigers like to bring some pressure with a zone D behind it and thats a bad mix if you cant block it and your young QB is pretty erratic. So instead of forcing passes we would take sacks.

We would get a TD to open the second half and it was 27-24 Auburn. We would then start a nice streak of picks that lead to another 17 str8 points. My defensive backs had some sticky hands and very good coverage on top of the picks they had several bat downs. The dline started to get more pressure and our adjustments at halftime paid off.

I think in total we picked off the Auburn qb 7 times, five in the second half and limited our mistakes to one fumble in the second half and we won the turnover battle 7-3 a + 4 margin. When that happens and you can run the ball you have a good shot to win.

Bryce Brown 32 att 212 yds and 4 tds led the way and was the POG.

[​IMG]

UT is this seasons SEC champion. (y)

We have played 13 games, 6 of which have been user games.

The season will be an even 50/50 split. 14 games and 7 user games.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good win Russ. When I have played Auburn, once they start to get that second quarter run is where my problems begin. The fact that you adjusted and were able to come up with the game is pretty impressive. Good SEC title victory. Good luck in the BCS championship game against whoever you get matched up with.

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I was in a comfort zone and I felt like a few plays and he was out of it....

He then switched it up and I tried to squeeze in a few bad throws..... Cost me.... I was up 27-17 and he had really received every break early on... AI needs to make big plays for me to.... I though I was in control.....

His DB's then went wild and he took away some of the only plays I was seeing... I should have stayed on the ground.... It cost me!

I will be tough next season.... You heard it here first!