SEC Championship Game Talk

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

SEC Championship Game Talk

2010 Southeastern Conference
    [​IMG]
    Championship Game

Atlanta, Georgia
    Thursday @ 7pm eastern/4pm pacific

#1 Florida Gators

[​IMG]
    12-0 (8-0)
    Coached By: Basil Faraday

BATTLES

#6 Louisiana State Tigers

[​IMG]
    11-1 (7-1)
    Coached By: Russell Bruce

This game is a rematch of earlier in the season when the Gators beat LSU 45-28 in Gainesville. This will be the fourth time that Bruce (BTW I know that's not your real last name man, haha) and I have met in two seasons. Currently I hold a 3-0 series lead, but do not sleep on LSU in this one. We are going to have to be on our game if we want to leave the Georgia Dome with our National Championship tickets punched.

2. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

LSU, Its time!!! Get yourself a huge victory here.

That would be something if both GT and Florida lost

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Anyone care to take a stab at the Vegas line?

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Its a style thing honestly, I have played just about everyone at TF and won more then my fair share of games and a couple BCS championships. Basis has my number for some reason. When we play them the pass rush is crazy good and he does a nice job of taking away alot of what I like to do.

The game earlier this season was a comedy of errors for us early, we couldnt block for the pass or run and we dropped passes and couldnt cover anyone...We settled down and did better in the second half but that was due in part to Florida taking the foot off the gas pedal and me actually going back to X's n O's.

We had Florida last season in the SEC championship game and threw it away literaly...a pick td and an option pitch picked off td in the second half proved too much to overcome.

Florida is a very good team and are well coached...we have a plan..but will it matter is the question? I would like to not be down 14-0 before the first qtr is half over for once..(n)

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Both teams have explosive offenses led by poised quarterbacks. Jordan Jefferson (LSU) has shown that he is slightly more prone to throwing interceptions than John Brantley (UF), but that certainly does not mean that Brantley is immune. I would also give a slight edge to the wide receivers/tight ends of the Gators. The weapons are out there. The edge in the running game goes to LSU by a good margin. Emmanuel Moody, who transferred from USC in 2007, is good, but he is not nearly as explosive as Demps.

Slight edge to the Florida offense.

On defense, I don't know much about LSU, but I am sure the two teams are very evenly matched as all of the top SEC teams are. Florida's defensive ends are sick, as is FR(RS) OLB Jelani Jenkins. Joe Haden and Major Wright anchor a stout secondary. Going off the first game, I would have to give the edge to Florida's defense.

Slight edge to the Florida defense.

Special Teams is a push.

Coaching is VERY slightly tipped Florida's way. We have gone 26-0, including 8 user game victories in two years. An SEC title. A National title. Don't let all of that fool you, though. Bruce is a smart coach that brings a great gameplan to the table. The Gators will have to be very wary of the LSU attack and play smart to win this one.

Vegas Line: Florida -3.5, O/U 61

6. BRUCE80

My O is good but season ending injuries have hurt our oline as we lost both bookends. We did however have solid young back ups that will benifit by this experience and should pay dividends next year. Our QB and Wrs are special, our backs not so much, they are all decent but not explosive. I consider our ground game a grinder not a game breaker.

Large edge to Florida on O based on game breakers.

My D honestly should be alot better then it plays, we are very young at DE and at one DT. We lost a Frosh DE to an ACL tear who was our best and most active D end vs rush and pass.

Our LBs are studs and our Dbs should be but arent, unexplainable but we cant cover.

Edge Florida based on talent, but this is closer then the O.

Coaching huge edge to Florida as they have outplayed us twice by a wide margin and one close one was decided by good play calling by the Florida coach late in the game.

We will be lucky to keep this one within 14...

[​IMG]

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You want some hype? YOU GOT SOME HYPE!

Pro LSU

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_A3V7dwYga4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_A3V7dwYga4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Pro Florida

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3U08FZ8SnU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3U08FZ8SnU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Best Speech Ever

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO4tIrjBDkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WO4tIrjBDkk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The Vegas line? Hmmmm, I'd guess they'd put it at Florida (-3.5).

My prediction:

LSU 27
    Florida 24

It's Bruce's time...From what I've read, he's too good to lose 4 in a row to anyone.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Great minds think alike JHeb!

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I think LSU ends the streak. Either of you going to be putting in-game updates on this thread?

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm not. I don't have a laptop no mo.

12. BRUCE80

I can, ill put my box in the cpu room and play this one in there, the change of venue might be what we need.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Bruce, my mic is broken, but the headphone part works. I'll plug it in, so if you need a quick pause to make an update, just say so on the mic and I'll know what's going on.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I thought Bruce was doing updates! Full writeup coming tomorrow, but here is a glimpse:

Florida 37, LSU 34 - OVERTIME

Bruce was kicking my ass because my defense decided today would be a good day to fall down on every block. Two kick returns for touchdown by Deonte Thompson kept me in it, and some very questionable playcalling by Bruce led to two game changing interceptions.

More at 11. ;)

Good game Bruce. I know you think that I got all the lucky breaks, but that is far from the truth. It was an amazing college football game. Keep in mind how fucking crazy the sport is.

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Wow! I called a 3.5 line in favor of Florida and picked LSU to win by 3. I was pretty close. Sounds like a crazy game!

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think you cheated and put your line after I wrote mine ;)

17. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Congrats. Good luck defending your title in the BCS championship game!

18. BRUCE80

Yep was a good game. We made two idiot mistakes and it cost us. Still the game shouldnt have been that close. We dominated the game on the ground and in the air imo, outgained Florida by a couple hundred yards I think and controlled the clock.

The kick returns and a one handed stab int killed us. We had our chances when Florida's qb threw a ball right to us in OT and we dropped it, couple plays later it was over.

GG Basis. I am going to take a break, please put me on Auto for the rest of this season and offseason. My recruiting is done.

Thx.

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

PM me about this break. I want to see if I can talk you out of it.

Brantley played like SHIT. That guy that dropped the pick in OT never should have even been involved in the play -- fucking tight end was wide open in the end zone behind him. One handed stab int should have been picked either way, Haden jumped the route 5 seconds early and was just chillin out right in front of your intended receiver. Kick returns really hurt you obviously. Your gameplan worked. The steroids you fed your o-line, and even more-so your wide receivers and tight ends really helped you on the outside runs. How many pancakes did your guys have in the game? Seriously it seemed like every other outside run my guys would just get flattened on the edge and go down helplessly. Then, we finally pursue your outside pitch and you cut it back inside where anyone left in there got pancaked. You want to talk about frustrating.

Your guys came to play that is for sure. Mine were by-and-large soft. Then we got down to business, didn't give up on the run, and had the D step up and make some plays. The end of the 4th quarter was probably the best I have ever managed the clock. Pick or no pick.

20. BRUCE80

The break is for several reasons, one of which is I am having surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. The other is because I am sick of the game right now. You played a solid game no doubt. Enjoy the win B.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

What a great game! Another surgrery Bruce...damn. Hey the torn rotator cuff is a scope or knife? I ask cause I have had 2. One of each.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Rotator cuff surgery sucks.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ahhhh now I see what you meant by laid up in your PM. I didn't get it at first.