SEC Championship Preview

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by MexiRican35, Aug 18, 2012.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Aug 14, 2010
    Not many people had this match-up predicted early into the season. The sexy picks were Arkansas, Missouri, and Georgia. Only Kapono had LSU picked, and NO ONE picked South Carolina. But this ain't no Texas beauty pageant. It's just a Texas show down now.​
    #10 South Carolina: Some people should have paid attention when Coach Dirty said​
    An early hiccup was avoided against UNC with a triple OT win in week 1. A last minute loss against FSU would luckily not haunt them, as FSU had their own problems of playing without a coach part of the year. Then, halfway through the season, Coach DirtycashDylan said he would annpunce his retirement at the end of the season. This seemed to inspire his bunch of Cocks to go out with a bang. They went out and beat last year's East division winner Georgia. Even with a loss to then #1 Arkansas, SC had the tie breaker against Georgia as they were both 7-2 in conference play.

This team is full of weapons on offense. QB Shaw has thrown for 29 TD's while also being a threat on the ground, scoring 3 rushing TD's. Lattimore is a beast/stud/monster of a RB. It's like Brandon Jacobs in the college ranks. 1109 yards and 19 TD's tell his story. And it's nice to have an Ace in the hole at WR, who caught 8 TD's.

#2 LSU: After last year's questionable losses, Coach Mexi felt his seat getting warm. Not many people thought they could hand the powers of the West as one coach said
    The season started out horribly for the Tigers, as they lost their opening game to Oklahoma St on the very last play of the game. From that game on, the defense decided to make a stand. The would only give up an average of 9 points a game in the next 8 games in which the won all 8. A huge showdown was set up between Mizzou and LSU, but the Tigers fell flat on their faces and asses at the same damn time. But Coach Mexi kept telling his team that if they beat Arkansas, they still had a chance to get into the championship game. LSU took control early and never gave up the lead over an Arkansas team that hadn't tasted defeat in almost 2 years. Then all of Baton Rouge was hopping as A&M pulled off the major upset against Mizzou, propelling the Tigers into Atlanta.

This team has 23 seniors and a senior at every position on the feild except TE. But that freshman, Bowman, is the leading reciever in catches, TD's and yards for LSU. QB Met cut down on the picks thrown from last year as he only has 10. Ware has 990 yards with 8 scores, but the defense is one of, if not the best in the country.

So, who do ya got in this one??
  2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Jul 2, 2011
    I have to root for South Carolina. Since I'm taking the team over. Duh. Go Gamecocks!!
  3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    Don't F this up MexiRican35. Gotta represent the west!
  4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Oct 31, 2011
    I have never played Dylan.... but I am picking Mexi, I imagine the 5 INT and 1 fumble debacle against me was a one time deal and if you play like you did in the other 11 games your defense should carry you through.
  5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    I think DCD takes it....his offense has been virtually unstoppable in user games the past 3-4 weeks.
  6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Oct 18, 2009
    Go GameCocks, ( Razorbacks hoping for outside chance at nation title game )