SEC Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Nov 20, 2009.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

SEC Game of the Year

In what may be the game of the year in the SEC, #12 Alabama travels to Death Valley to take on the #3 LSU Tigers. The Bayou Bengals are favored by 3 points in this game, but the Tide is hoping to disappoint the experts. This game amounts to the SEC West Championship game, so both sides are feeling pressure. "Not so fast my friend," says ESPN analyst Lee Corso. "Even if Alabama can pull off the upset, they still have to get past Auburn in the Iron Bowl next week. I can't buy into the championship idea quite yet." Either way, this is a huge game that will largely decide the SEC champion this year.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wish I could win my side...Georgia whooped me pretty good and I beat So. Carolina...sitting at #3, I predict I'll finish #2 on my side. But I could get very lucky and Georgie loses there last 3, pushing me ahead by one conference win. But that's doubtful.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah this was going to be my game of the week but I have been swamped this week at work so a little bit behind on content. Will have a more detailed update later but for now I gotta start getting ready for work.

4. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

No worries Brave...This could be thE biggest user game besides the National Title game to date at the Rivalry. My mind says Bama may pull this one out but my heart isnt gonna allow me to pull for the Tide being a True Tiger fan...So my prediction is:

Bama: 27
    LSU: 31

Each team controls its own destiny in the SEC with a win more than likely sending that team to the Conference Championship game!

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

It's going to be a tight one. The good news is I don't have to mess with Ingram. Star scares me a little though at QB. And I get Jefferson back this week. That should be huge. Shepard just can't throw very well.

6. dakota7

Ingram is back baby!!! Roll Tide!!!!

7. hornfaninbama

Jeez, trouble.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am rooting for the Tide in this one because it helps my BCS ranking and gets rid of a very close opponent. I don't see a 1-loss LSU jumping OSU in rankings if I win out but I'd rather not have to worry about it :). I got rid of Washington last week so LSU would be next threat eliminated by another team.

BCS rankings and Heisman Watch will be posted tonight, when I get off work.

9. ThaEra25

Yeah thats true brave, I do need Bama to win to have one less worry in the BCS picture...Longhorns are planning on beIng able to defend our National Title from a season ago!

10. dakota7

Alabama wins, 31-7. Summary to follow soon.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats on the Win Dakota. It was a very big win for your program and puts you in driver's seat for SEC West title.

12. ThaEra25

Good Win for the Alabama Program and Coach Dakota! Minus a misque and you should be playing for that SEC title this season. Tough loss for the Tigers but with some wins to close out the year, Coach Hornfan could still end up with a great record and New Years day Bowl.

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Way to represent the Tide Dakota.

14. dakota7

Thanks guys. Just trying to finish what you started Papa. GG Horn.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Crimson Tide is taking the West by storm...I'm still clinging to hope that Georgia loses enough for me to get into the top seed for the East and we can duke it out again in the Champ Game.

16. dakota7

Ok, a couple of highlights from yesterday's game.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GasVcoKigzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GasVcoKigzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/avFMpthDqj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/avFMpthDqj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZSEJO2T1n8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZSEJO2T1n8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

17. hornfaninbama

Great game man. I couldn't get anything going that defense is nasty.