SEC issue

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What're everyone's feelings about monkeying around with the SEC? If we swapped Georgia with either Bama, Auburn, or LSU or if we swapped Tennessee with Arkansas then Bill and I would both get our teams. Another option would be to move USC-jr, but I'm not sure if Texaco would like that since that's his favorite team (I know if I were Michigan and they got monkeyed with I wouldn't like it). Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
    1. Bill and I both get our choices and we can finally put this to rest.
    2. The conference could be balanced more (if we swap Georgia instead of Tennessee or swapped Tenn for a 6*).
    Cons:
    1. Unlike the B1G where they've never played a single game with divisions, the SEC has had these established divisions for a while.
    2. The moving team's rivals wouldn't get played as often.
    3. The user teams could be less balanced if we swap Georgia.
    Rivalries:
    In last year's games, the swapping teams inherited each other's schedules. IE. swapping Georgia with Auburn meant that GT would play Auburn in the last game of the season instead of Georgia. Supposedly this will be fixed this year. Also, both Tenn and Georgia have the majority of their conference rivals in the East division.
    UGA - S. Car(E), UF(E), Aub(W)
    Tenn - UF(E), UK(E), Vandy(E), Bama(W)
    If we did swap UGA, I'd rather keep Auburn in the W so that I have 1 division rivalry. Swapping UGA with LSU or Bama and setting their protected game to USC-jr would give me 2 guaranteed rivalry games per year with 1 more rotating every two years. If we swapped Tennessee he'd gain 1 yearly rivalry while losing 3.

Balance:
    Swapping Georgia for a 6* would balance the conferences more overall. (U)=user
    EAST:
    6* Bama or LSU
    6* UF
    4* Tenn (U)
    4* USC-jr(U)
    3* UK
    2* Vandy

WEST:
    6* Bama or LSU
    6* Auburn
    5* UGA (U)
    4* Ark
    3* MSU-jr
    3* Ole Miss (U)

but this gives 3* Ole Miss a 5* user in their division instead of a 4* or 3*. Swapping Tenn (or USC-jr) would make it a 3* and 4* in the west and a 5* and 4* in the east, so the users would be more balanced. We could even swap out Tenn for a 6* instead of an even 4* (Arkansas) to balance out the overall as well as users. If we did that it'd look like this:

EAST:
    6* UF
    6* from west
    5* UGA(U)
    4* USC-jr or Tenn (U)
    3* UK
    2* Vandy

WEST:
    6* from west
    6* from west
    4* Ark
    4* Tenn or USC-jr (U)
    3* Ole Miss (U)
    3* Ole Miss
    This would shift the balance of power from the West to the East, however.

Of course none of this matters if we don't want to mess with the SEC divisions, but if we did, then we could finally put this thing to bed and this is the best solution I'm able to come up with.

2. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

the sec shouldn't be tinkered with imo. the pac 10 and big 10 should be the only conf messed with since there format is new an you can put the new teams were ever just as long as u don't mess with the rival games. everyone can't be a 4* or play with your fav. team so some are going to be unhappy no matter what.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Obviously I don't think the SEC should be messed with as Jello pointed out, this conference is the way it is and has been for over a decade. The Pac12 and B1G are ok to swap the divisions around a bit because that stuff is new and really could of went a number of ways.

If you two little shits really can't settle on using your #2 team and Bill would much rather be Tennessee then Arkansas, why not do what I suggested before?

Jello gets to use LSU or Auburn (one of his top choices) and just recreate them as a 4 star program with lower rated pitches using the teambuilder website?

If not, nothing against Jello here but I'd prefer Bill as Tennessee over Jello as Georgia. Here's why:

1 - Georgia is easily on par with Florida right now but they're just lacking that 6th star. There roster will be as talented as UFs and I'd imagine they already have a pipeline in FL which makes them a pretty stacked team to start with. (I'm surprised Nautica isn't trying to be them too :))

2 - Bill has the longest currently active streak in this league and I think that should win tie breakers. Again, nothing against Jello, but this league should reward those that stick around 10 months of the year.

3 - Tennessee = 4 star. Georgia = 5 star. Tennessee's program needs to be rebuilt, Georgia's just needs a better coach! I'd rather see another rebuilder than a stronger team at the start.

4 - I don't think Tennessee is very strong on the recruiting trail.

5 - Competitive Balance - I've played Jello and Texaco and I'm going to say I think Jello is probably a bit stronger of a player. We all know Jello will be the better recruiter. (No offense Tex, you can always prove me wrong in `12:)) Georgia is a solid 5 star program and will be a big advantage for Jello if he's facing So Carolina, Ole Miss, and Miss St, which are all 4 stars and lower.

4. jello1717

The teambuilder idea won't work for the many reasons I listed when you asked about it before.

5. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

The only issue is that others had 6* teams as there first choice also so I don't think it's fair to let one use them an not everyone. Outside of the comish we should just put everyone's name in a hat pull names and pick teams if we can't get this set. If that is a problem then just let everyone play with there team and add to the recruiting limits.

6. jello1717

No one said anything about playing as a 6* team. If you're referring to Gators' post, he said to make LSU or Auburn into a 4* team.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think he may have his threads mixed up, it was said in the discussion about the big ten

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I realize that the B1G is new, and for that matter the PAC 12, but if we're rearranging them we should be able to tweak the SEC too. If that isn't an option, then I agree with edge, if we can't settle our team selection graciously, we draft randomly. Set the ground rules, no 6 star teams and plug us into random.org and away we go.

9. GoGators

The only thing I would say is different about the SEC from the B1G is that the SEC is at least aligned with reason. It's done geographically. The B1G on the other hand is aligned by.......hell, I have no idea how they aligned it.

10. dakota7

I think they asked Michigan and Ohio state to make the alignment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

easy cowboy u want Ole Miss :mad:

12. jello1717

Huh? I was simply correcting you. Did I come off as angry or something?

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think he is messing with you jello

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Do I need to pick teams for you guys?:) These thread are worse than our old slider wars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jello1717

And sadly, I'm pretty sure the common denominator is me. :(

16. GoGators

Maybe we should change our name from the experience to the league of misfits.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

18. dakota7

Maybe JC should just assign teams. We submit our top 3 teams and he plugs us in.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Does anyone know where JC is? I have seen him on, but he hasn't said anything in a few days.

20. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Great he is burned out with the discussion already. :D

How about picking a team reagardless of prestige and then having sliding recruiting limits.

For example,
    • 6* can have no more than 3 5* recruits
    • 5* can have no more than 4 5* recruits
    • 4/3* can have no more than 5 5* recruits
    Just tossing it out there as a way to provide some more recruiting parody and reduce the pillaging of the 5*s to user teams.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nah jello - I think the arguments seriously scaled back after I left and stopped bitching at @Shaun Mason about the sliders 4 times a day.;)

22. jello1717

We've got Shaun and Dru in here. Now I'm waiting to hear from Basis and Psycho and then we'll go way back and hear from Archie and Daz.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

24. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

well said

• Like Like x 1
  25. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I tried this already, but some people couldn't even decide on 3 teams!! ;) I'm looking at you haha.