SEC Media Day

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

It's time for the members of the SEC Coaching Fraternity to have their annual meet, greet, and glad-hand to assure fan bases this really is the year. Stay tuned for some interview questions for each coach.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

jms493

Question 1: Please profile (minimum, more if wanted) three players on offense, and three players on defense that will drive the fortunes of the football team this season.

Question 2: Have you been researching for the season by googling images of Tigers, or by practicing?

Question 3: If I'm a Missouri fan, what concerns me most looking at this team is a lack of talent at running back. Is there anybody you like on this squad despite the low OVR ratings, or is it bombs away for meow? Your running game has always been the best part of your attack and it must be stifling you not to have a great HB.

Question 4: Missouri has a beast-mode MLB and a really solid secondary (two deep). Do you agree with this assessment and can they contain some of these crazy attacks you see in the SEC this season?

Question 5: What type of defense will you be running this year? Is it any change from last season?

Question 6: As we examine your squad we continue to be impressed by the defense. What if anything has led to having talent spread all throughout the defense but a lack of talent on offense?

Question 7: Where will your focus be in recruiting this season? Any insta-commits?

Question 8: Finally, answer these questions about opposing coaches in the ACC. Give the name of the opposing coach, and a one-sentence reason why.

What's the most dreaded game in conference?

What opposing coach has the best defense?

What opposing coach has the best offense?

What opposing coach (league wide) gives you the most trouble in recruiting?

- Good luck out there this year, coach!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

HotRod

Question 1: Please profile (minimum, more if wanted) three players on offense, and three players on defense that will drive the fortunes of the football team this season.

Question 2: Are you looking forward to next year and having one of the worst squads in the league and the challenge of building them back up... Like looking forward to a challenge? Or still enjoying your NCAA 13 role as the heel of T1? Ok I guess you're more of a permanent heel regardless of team quality but still...

Question 3: There's not a whole lot of places I can look as a critic and see something to talk about. However one spot is the QB position, where Daniels underperformed last year, especially in the clutch. That's pretty much the only mark against this team. The media is clamoring for Micah Dunn who would likely take your offense to new heights. Assuming Daniels is the starter again, how long is his leash?

Question 4: Does the loss of Cedric "8 punt returns" Bailey hurt at all? or is it just reload? Tyson cook made the freshman All American team last year, is he the man this year and what type of production do you expect out of him?

Question 5: What type of defense will you be running this year? Is it any change from last season?

Question 6: Do you see your team as having any vulnerabilities or issues whatsoever besides an iffy QB situation, and if so describe.

Question 7: Where will your focus be in recruiting this season? Any insta-commits?

Question 8: Finally, answer these questions about opposing coaches in the ACC. Give the name of the opposing coach, and a one-sentence reason why.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

jfosh

Question 2: You took over at Tennessee who everybody knows is a sleeping giant. After falling to a 3-star you have had to be sneaky about recruiting and pick up some gems wherever you could, and as you do every year you have competed without complaining and are starting to build up a solid, deep squad. Is the giant about to awake? I guess the question may be too late since you made the BCS game last year in a bit of a surprise. now that you're a 5-star, do you expect to haul in your best recruiting class yet?

Question 3: Sort out the QB situation for us. I see Ingraham is the starter, but is Curtis in the mix at all or are you dedicated to the spread attack too much to consider the more balanced (slower) QB?

Question 4: You really spread the ball around in your first game, with no ball carrier getting more than 7 carries, and 10 different receivers catching a pass. Is this how the offense will look most of the year, or are you planning to rely on certain players more as the season wears on?

Question 6: What user team do you see as being your biggest rival, and why?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

Gyrene76

Question 2: When you took over the job at Arkansas it was very clear that the former coach had some high standards for the way you were to steward this team. Do you think you have lived up to his expectations and how has his influence shaped the team you have now? Did you ever consider a restraining order? With the demands he made of you, do you think he did the best job possible to set YOU up for success?

Question 3: You have a pretty well-rounded offensive attack with some good talent, but a lack of speed and size among the top two WR. Are they good enough to get the job done despite that lack of size and speed or will Melvin Harrison work his way into the mix?

Question 4: Since not everybody in the league has had a chance to play you, what type of an offensive attack do you run? Do you consider yourself a better passer or runner, and how does that influence your play calling and attack with the Razorbacks?

Question 6: Do you control the MLB on defense? who is the starter there this year? Not a ton of greatness with Hawkins' lack of agility are you considering one of the freshmen?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

bravejaf

Question 2: The career of J.J. Pruitt was well publicized, with low and high points? Who steps in for him, and will he be missed or could this be a situation where the team becomes more dangerous in the long run?

Question 3: You have a couple of halfbacks that stand out ofr great talent. Does the spread attack hamstring your ability to get them the ball in different ways or do you feel it's a strength? What percentage of the carries can the fans expect to see speedy Soph Jonathan Davis get?

Question 4: Based on my very limited knowledge of your game and talking to Twist, I saw you as a great recruiter first and foremost. What type of grade would you give yourself in recruiting in your first T1 season? Where do you think you've done well and where do you think you could improve?

Question 6: Does your defense have the type of talent that could see another vintage shut-down MSU defense this season? They look pretty good on paper but you're the type of coach that seems to get a bit more out of them at times. How do they fit into your scheme and is there anything that worries you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

MaxATX34

Question 2: To see a team with only 10 or so seniors on it that has the type of talent your team has is pretty scary. Do you feel guilty taking the team in Texas? Just kidding. But seriously, is there any weakness on this team?

Question 3: Has the QB position been something of a difficult spot to fill? From an outsiders perspective you don't have any super studs here. Hudson was a guy that we just let you have up here in VA, not a guy i was clamoring for at all. Wilson appears to have a shot at being the best of the bunch. Who plays, and what do you expect out of them? How much rope do you give this season before making a change?

Question 4: Lorenzo Johnston is fresh off a redshirt season and ready to roll. You made a lot of noise about this kid prior to signing him, how does he fit in and when does he get to play? You're not gonna let a white guy start for you all season, are you bruh?

Question 6: Your defense stepped up big in quashing a last-ditch BCS effort from Hotrod and the South Carolina Cawks. Can you do it again? Does it scare you that the way to beat Hotrod seems to be to force 3 turnovers, have none yourself, and still win in a squeaker? And more importantly, aside from Hotrod, who do you see as the toughest game in the SEC?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:

Offense

QB John Daniels (SR, 94 OVR) - He was dynamic winning the Heisman his Sophomore year but regressed last year. He threw the most picks in a single season that we have had so far and its very uncharacteristic of our offense. We may have been forcing the use of his legs at times and it probably threw the rhythm out of whack. This year it'll be going back to basics and just have him mostly a pocket qb, he has a great skill set so we expect a big season this year.

HB Tyson Cook (RS SO, 91 OVR) - For the past 4-5 season we've been using two HBs based on the formation. Cook takes over as starter this season and will get the majority of carries. He is your prototypical workhorse back with a great combination of speed and strength. We hope to give him at least 20 carries a game, something we haven't been doing with our lead backs as of late.

TE Shannon Porter (SR, 93 OVR) - We are looking to throw the ball more consistently and a great TE is a quarterbacks best friend. Porter has been underutilized during his time at SC. This year we will be looking to get him the ball more as he is a nightmare for the defense to cover.

Defense

MLB Brett Miller (RS SR, 94 OVR) - This guy is a freak at linebacker. Miller has great speed (92 SPD) and hits like a truck. He will be around the ball a lot and will undoubtedly be the leader of the defense.

CB Jason Barber (RS SR, 95 OVR) - Barber is our number one corner and will be counted on to make a lot of plays as we have an aggressive defense that forces opposing QBs to get rid of the ball quickly. Barber had 9 picks last season and we expect him to duplicate that production this year.

SS Brandon Townsend (RS SR, 98 OVR) - Townsend won the Thorpe award last season because he was all over the field with interceptions, sacks and forced fumbles. He has the ability to make plays in the box as well as cover and has many opportunities to make an impact on the game.

Question 2: Are you looking forward to next year and having one of the worst squads in the league and the challenge of building them back up... Like looking forward to a challenge? Or still enjoying your NCAA 13 role as the heel of T1? Ok I guess you're more of a permanent heel regardless of team quality but still...

I look forward to every year no matter what team I have. I have been successful with bottom rung teams (Purdue, Vanderbilt) as well as the better ones. I feel that I have the skill to win and develop a winner in any team I get. Of course it will be a challenge especially with the old and new members who have proven to be very capable players. I think we all aspire to be the best in the league. The way I get myself motivated is to talk smack and have an air of cockiness. It forces me to bring it on the field in order to back up the talk. I may not be successful every time but I wouldn't have it any other way. At the end of the day I'd like to think guys come in to games against me ready to bring their A game as the more competitive the league is the better it will be.

Question 3: There's not a whole lot of places I can look as a critic and see something to talk about. However one spot is the QB position, where Daniels underperformed last year, especially in the clutch. That's pretty much the only mark against this team. The media is clamoring for Micah Dunn who would likely take your offense to new heights. Assuming Daniels is the starter again, how long is his leash?

We will stick with Daniels for the duration of the season. Better decision making will lead to better production and we are sure he will have a much better season this year.

Question 4: Does the loss of Cedric "8 punt returns" Bailey hurt at all? or is it just reload? Tyson cook made the freshman All American team last year, is he the man this year and what type of production do you expect out of him?

The loss of Butler will hurt more in special teams if it hurts us at all. I think our run game will be better with Cook as the feature back as he is more of a grind it out runner. We expect a 1500 yd season from Cook if he stays healthy.

We are sticking with the 3-3-5 until we regress on defense. We continue to improve as we learn how to utilize the defense and we have the personnel to continue to have a dominant defense.

Question 6: Do you see your team as having any vulnerabilities or issues whatsoever besides an iffy QB situation, and if so describe.

To be honest no, I don't see us having any weaknesses. We just need to make the right decisions and play calls.

Our biggest needs are at QB and HB. We always try to sign a few guys on both lines as well, otherwise mainly just adding to the depth at key positions.

Question 8: Finally, answer these questions about opposing coaches in the SEC. Give the name of the opposing coach, and a one-sentence reason why.

Tennessee. Fosh plays me tough most of the time and with every season the Vols are becoming more talented.

Fosh, does well in putting pressure on my QB and is solid in run defense.

Fosh, runs the spread offense well, tough to key on what he's doing sometimes.

I guess Max because we tend to be on the same guys most often, I don't get in many battles with anyone but I guess I consider him my biggest recruiting rival.

• Like Like x 5
  9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

QB Billy Hood (R-JR) - Hood is getting the nod over senior Michael Gibson since Hood provides more of a running threat. He will need to perform at a high level or Gibson may take the job. In the week 1 game Hood threw a pick but made up for that mistake with 4 TD passes.

HB Jonathan Davis (R-SO) - Nicholas Morton got the start in week 1 but Davis outperformed Morton on the field. Going forward Davis and Morton will split carries, but Davis may get the start in week #2 against UCLA.

WR Michael Joseph (JR) - Joseph was a solid player last year but he will need to perform at a higher level this year. He has great speed and burst so he will be the deep threat for MSU. Fellow juniors John Daniels and Matt Merriman will also see an increase in playing time this season.

DE John Horne (R-SO) - Horne transferred from Texas A&M and was forced to sit out last season. This year MSU is hoping he can provide some pressure. Most of the Bulldogs' QB sacks have come from the LB position the past few seasons.

OLB Grant Martinez (SR) - Martinez is a four-year starter for Mississippi State. He always performs at a high level and could have been a 2nd to 3rd round pick in last year's NFL Draft. He elected to return for his senior year to earn his degree and to bring a championship to Starkville.

SS Quincy Reid (SR) - Reid is a former :5stars: recruit and he has lived up to the hype. Reid is a great all-around player. He has finished near the top for MSU in tackles every season. He also made a few picks last year.

Question 2: The career of J.J. Pruitt was well publicized, with low and high points? Who steps in for him, and will he be missed or could this be a situation where the team becomes more dangerous in the long run?

Pruitt will be difficult to replace and there will likely never be another player like him at MSU. :5stars: recruit John Newsome was a similar player but Newsome transferred to Virginia Tech in the offseason. Senior Michael Gibson is the best rated MSU QB but Billy Hood is getting the first shot at starting QB job. Hood is a similar player to Pruitt but may be a step slower. MSU will need to recruit a QB of the future but Hood and redshirt sophomore Jason Robinson should hold down the fort for the next few seasons.

Question 3: You have a couple of halfbacks that stand out for great talent. Does the spread attack hamstring your ability to get them the ball in different ways or do you feel it's a strength? What percentage of the carries can the fans expect to see speedy Soph Jonathan Davis get?

Davis and Nicholas Morton will likely split carries this year, but Davis was the more productive player in week 1. The MSU spread attack tends to be more pass oriented but this year we are hoping to have a more balanced attack. We will also look to get the ball to the running backs on screens or having the backs lineup at WR. Morton is a better receiver than Davis, so he may end up as the 3rd down back.

Question 4: Based on my very limited knowledge of your game and talking to Twist, I saw you as a great recruiter first and foremost. What type of grade would you give yourself in recruiting in your first T1 season? Where do you think you've done well and where do you think you could improve?

I would give myself a B+ so far in the dynasty. I have been able to field a good team each year in the dynasty and I feel the team is headed in the right direction. Last season I was able to sign a full recruiting class and ended up with some very good players. I do need to spend more time studying my roster and tracking need positions. I only have 12 graduating players this year but 5 need positions. I really needed to sign a couple linebackers in last year's class.

I have run the 4-3 each season and that will not change this year. I prefer running the 3-4 but this team is not built to run that playbook and I have a couple strong players at defensive tackle. The 4-3 playbook is good against the run and can be used to slowed down the passing attack.

Question 6: Does your defense have the type of talent that could see another vintage shut-down MSU defense this season? They look pretty good on paper but you're the type of coach that seems to get a bit more out of them at times. How do they fit into your scheme and is there anything that worries you?

Getting Martinez back this year was a good first step. He and Reid will be the keys for this team. It will also be nice to have a defensive end with some speed, Horne. My biggest concern this year is defensive tackle. Ricky Dixon is a good but not great player. We have some young, talented players behind Dixon but none of that group has significant on the field experience. Cornerback depth is also a concern. The top 3 corners are great players but true freshman Jake Love will be the dime back.

We are going after players on the defensive side. The defensive line should be set for a couple years but linebacker, cornerback and safety are all need positions. Linebacker is the big push this season as we need at least 2 OLB and 1 MLB. We did not receive any insta-commits in week 1.

Arkansas - Gyrene76 has outplayed me in our first two games and the first game was not close. This does not mean we are overlooking Texas A&M. The games with A&M are always a battle and I expect no less from Max this season.

@hotrod has the most talented roster in the league and it isn't even close. The Gamecocks lowest rated starter on defense is an 89 overall.

I once again have to pick SC. Their offense is loaded next season, including returning QB John Daniels. The offensive line for South Carolina will provide Daniels with loads of time and the wide receivers will hurt defenses.

I have to go with MaxATX34 for this item. He swiped a tight end from my squad last year and he wins nearly every battle. I haven't gone against HotRod in many battles since he usually recruits different territories. With my acquired pitches it is difficult to compete with most big schools, including CPU teams like Alabama.

• Like Like x 5
  10. jfosh

jfosh Super

[​IMG]

jfosh

QB play this season will be really interesting and we will get to that in question 3. Beyond the QB spot you can look to three players to make their mark on the 2018 season.

HB RS FR (85 ovr) Terry Johnson – Johnson emerges as the head and shoulders favorite from a 4 HB class in 2016. Johnson redshirted last season and has progressed nicely. Terry initially expressed interest in South Carolina. SC showed little to no interest so he turned his favor to Tennessee and he hasn’t looked back. TJ possesses the full gamut of moves and his stiff arms in practice have been show stoppers. The Alabama native also has good vision which is essential for the Volunteer offense function at a high level.

TE RS JR (87 ovr) Brandon Fontenot – With loads of inexperience at the QB spot Fontenot will need to be the QB’s best friend. Fontenot is well rounded and can haul in the tough pass. He will need to apply himself in the blocking game for Tennessee to be successful this season.

WR RS SR (88 ovr) Lamont Andrews – Andrews does not possess elite speed or quickness. He is your “steady Eddie” type of player. He doesn’t drop passes, runs precise routes, holds on to the ball after the catch and most importantly he might be one of the best blockers on the outside in the nation. (ask nyjuggalo45)

DE RS JR (89 ovr) Shane Lloyd – Had to lift a lot of rocks to find this gem from South Dakota. Lloyd is pass rushing fiend. Gets off blocks and can finesse or over power would be blockers. We expect Shane to put last year’s sack totals in the rearview mirror early this season.

OLB RS FR (86 ovr) Pat Scruggs - We are very excited to have Pat on campus. Scruggs will be a four year starter and has the potential to end his career as the best LB in the country. He most definitely will end this year on the Frosh AA team. He is excellent in coverage and holds his own in the run game. “Scruggy” will be remembered when it’s all done.

CB RS SR (88 over) Travis Pollock – Tennessee has been devoid of talent at the corner position for years. Pollock is the highest rated player to start there in the past four years. He is has great quickness and nice top end speed. He is dangerous in zone coverage and can get in your grill at the line. Travis’s Achilles hill while at UT has been his aversion to the weight room. He strictly relies on his raw talent.

Question 2: You took over at Tennessee who everybody knows is a sleeping giant. After falling to a 3-star you have had to be sneaky about recruiting and pick up some gems wherever you could, and as you do every year you have competed without complaining and are starting to build up a solid, deep squad. Is the giant about to awake? I guess the question may be too late since you made the BCS game last year in a bit of a surprise. now that you're a 5-star, do you expect to haul in your best recruiting class yet?

The fall was a little further than you mentioned we dropped down to a two star. My biggest concern is keeping the five star rating and moving to 6 star. (but that is on the field stuff) I blew my early advantage with Tennessee. And you really can only find so many guys when you’re a two and three star team. But I have always been able dig deep and pull out enough talent to compete. The giant is about to awake, so to speak. I have good natural pitches that have been a bit tarnished but are making their way back. I think you said as you go to each level it takes a little time for you to be on top of the list from the get go. For that reason I really don’t think this will be the break out year for me recruiting talent wise. But if I hold my stars next year I will be more than happy to storm into Georgia and teach coach Smalls a lesson in recruiting.

Question 3: Sort out the QB situation for us. I see Ingraham is the starter, but is Curtis in the mix at all or are you dedicated to the spread attack too much to consider the more balanced (slower) QB?

Good question. I grappled with that one, when I and the other coaches were going over the depth chart. We have a good enough receiving core to ramp up the pass attempts if the starter falters. This leaves Ingraham as the starter for now but Curtis is definitely an option. Side note: we benched Scott last year and he ended up breaking Payton Manning career yards and touchdown records.

We kind of have our eye on JC signee George Simmons from Elizabeth, NJ. Simmons will spend the year learning the system and could provide some fireworks next season.
    Question 4: You really spread the ball around in your first game, with no ball carrier getting more than 7 carries, and 10 different receivers catching a pass. Is this how the offense will look most of the year, or are you planning to rely on certain players more as the season wears on?

I think the first game was a combination of what I like to do as a philosophy and we played a weak opponent. Some coaches like to wear a receiver out I like to spread it around. The weak opponent gave us a chance to see some guys do stuff in game situations. We really liked the looks of Freddie Carter and Mark Jean. You will continue to see lots of receivers catch the ball but rushing wise Johnson will tote the rock more often than not.

We will stay committed to the 3-4.
    Question 6: What user team do you see as being your biggest rival, and why?

Has to be JMS we have history beyond this years game. Plus you have to beat the other team some of the time for it be rival. Question 7: Where will your focus be in recruiting this season? Any insta-commits?

We will be focusing across the board. We need to fill the QB spot two years out. We have yet to have a big time lineman make his way to rocky top. An OLB is a must! Also need to add some talent at HB beyond Johnson.

Week 1 brought us our first commit Number 9 Overall QB Eric Lee from North Miami, Florida. Lee is scramble style QB scouted to 70% and we have him at 80 overall.

Question 8: Finally, answer these questions about opposing coaches in the SEC. Give the name of the opposing coach, and a one-sentence reason why.

Wish the schedule in conference was better have not played anybody form the other half of the SEC.

What game do you look most forward to in conference were you know a win is inevitable?
    Love to pound on the Paper Tigers LOL

South Carolina (hotrod) – Games are tight but I find ways to lose, mfer Butler!

Texas A&M (Max) – He stuffed our “O” in the national title game. Looking forward to the rematch.
    South Carolina (hotrod) – Gotta give a brother his due….tough to stop. Overcame six turnovers to drop 40+ on me and win in overtime.
    Smalls – your on my shit list
    Juggs – watch your back

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

(RS)Senior QB Erik Lee
    6'2 193lb (93 OVR)

Lee's 2nd half heroics are stuff of legend around here. He came off the bench to win both the Mizzou game and SEC Conference Championship rematch against SC. 99THA scrambler.

(RS)Senior RB Randy Brown
    6'2 220lb (94 OVR)

Brown came in as an athlete and coaches decided to put him at RB. He had a breakout season last year, and looks to improve even more this time around. He is a pre-season Heisman candidate. Incredible speed for someone his size, and he still is a great pass-catcher.

(RS)Senior TE Curt Mitchell
    6'7 275lb (93 OVR)

Was the leading receiver for A&M at certain points last year. His size makes him a mismatch for basically anyone trying to cover him. Great in the run-game as well.

(RS)Junior MLB Manuel Jones
    6'0 228lb (93 OVR)

Lead the team and country in tackles. Just explodes through gaps when he makes up his mind. Good enough in coverage to stay on the field every down. Look for him to be up near the top of the statistical charts once again.

(RS)Senior DT Jamal Cleveland
    6'5 311lb (94 OVR)

Monster inside. Cleveland will lock down the middle of the line and makes it a chore to get yards up the middle against A&M. He is also an adept pass-rusher and will get to the QB all on his own multiple times this year.

(RS)Senior OLB Jamie Young
    6'4 232lb (92 OVR)

Young just makes big plays out there playing alongside Jones. With Manuel Jones doing so much inside, Young is free to roam and make big things happen. He has made lots of good things happen when teams key on the MLB.

Question 2: To see a team with only 10 or so seniors on it that has the type of talent your team has is pretty scary. Do you feel guilty taking the team in Texas? Just kidding. But seriously, is there any weakness on this team?

Not many Seniors but most of them are starters. The Offensive Line might not be dominant, but all the pieces are there on offense. The defense looks really nasty with an All-Senior front four and upperclassmen every where else. Speed to burn in the secondary and a great Special Teams unit. Should mention RB Keith Day here. He is one of the best PR/KR guys in the country.

Question 3: Has the QB position been something of a difficult spot to fill? From an outsiders perspective you don't have any super studs here. Hudson was a guy that we just let you have up here in VA, not a guy i was clamoring for at all. Wilson appears to have a shot at being the best of the bunch. Who plays, and what do you expect out of them? How much rope do you give this season before making a change?

No not that difficult to fill. I am offended :mad: We have had great players at QB, and I think you messed up letting Hudson go :p He will be a very highly rated player when he starts next year. Wilson looks good, but I think Brady has the most potential. As for our current starter, Lee, he is really good and has played plenty of meaningful snaps. This is the guy that came in and beat Mizzou and SC in the 2nd half of both of those games to send A&M to the NC. He is ready and has the benefit of the doubt heading into the year.

Question 4: Lorenzo Johnston is fresh off a redshirt season and ready to roll. You made a lot of noise about this kid prior to signing him, how does he fit in and when does he get to play? You're not gonna let a white guy start for you all season, are you bruh?

Lorenzo Johnston just got on campus and is redshirting this year. You ACC guys with your East-Coast media bias... Randy Brown (white guy) started every game for the National Champion Aggies last year and was in and out of the Heisman race. :rolleyes:

Same 4-3 as last year. A lot of them are returning starters. None of this newfangled 3-3-5 mess. Get off my lawn, punk kids! You want 6 guys in the box? It is called Nickel ;)

Question 6: Your defense stepped up big in quashing a last-ditch BCS effort from Hotrod and the South Carolina Cawks. Can you do it again? Does it scare you that the way to beat Hotrod seems to be to force 3 turnovers, have none yourself, and still win in a squeaker? And more importantly, aside from Hotrod, who do you see as the toughest game in the SEC?

"Anything is possible!" -Kevin Garnett

Yes we can do it again, and no we are not scared. SC is crazy good, but A&M is good too. Good enough to have a chance and sometimes a chance is all you need!
    --
    All users in the SEC are tough. The way things have been trending, though... I think Arkansas will be difficult game this year.

Relatively small class. Need OL. No IC's.

South Carolina.

All are very good on defense.

Hotrod

Hotrod. I am still sour over an RB he stole from me.

Thank you, Sir!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  12. jfosh

jfosh Super

Another question that I found tongue in cheek and very funny

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    BRUCE80

Question 2: Arkansas has seen 3 coaches within the last year, mostly due to unforeseen circumstances. Coach, how do you feel that affects the psyche of a team filled of 18-22 year olds?

Question 3: You've been around the coaching circles and is highly regarded as one of the better coaches around. Tell me what can you attribute your success to?

Question 4: What kind of fundamental changes, if any, will you be making? Is there a specific style of football you want to brand "the Arkansas way?"

Question 5: What have you been doing in between coaching gigs in T1? Have you worked on that golf swing?

Question 6: I know you haven't spent much time with your guys yet but at first glance of practices, tell me what you feel is Arkansas strengths and weaknesses.

Question 7: Where do you feel is the biggest need for your football team?

Question 8: Finally, just say a word about some of the coaching members you've played throughout your coaching experiences whether here or somewhere else.

- Good luck out there this year, coach and welcome back!

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

jms493

Brandon Gold QB (82) - He is a scrub that probably would not start on any other user team, but he is our Scrub. He is accurate and that is good enough for me. His arm may grow tired as he hates handing the ball off.

Quinton McGrew WR (83) - Nice big White sophomore WR would will see lots of action this year. He is one of our rare 5 star recruits.

Jared Cooper OLB (86) - 6'6 240 LB who can hit the snots out of you. I expect him to cause many concussions this year. We need big plays out of our whole LB core this year!

Question 2: Have you been researching for the season by googling images of Tigers, or by practicing?
    Always hunting for new Tigre photos...practice is for pussies like Hotrod and smls.

Question 3: If I'm a Missouri fan, what concerns me most looking at this team is a lack of talent at running back. Is there anybody you like on this squad despite the low OVR ratings, or is it bombs away for meow? Your running game has always been the best part of your attack and it must be stifling you not to have a great HB.
    I had a decent one redshirted but he decided to transfer :(. This crop of half backs are turrible...The White boy Torres will get most of the carries as he is a bit speedy and shifty. We have a redshirted freshman that I pray wont transfer. He looks good. (Marcus) Expect Bombs away again!

Question 4: Missouri has a beast-mode MLB and a really solid secondary (two deep). Do you agree with this assessment and can they contain some of these crazy attacks you see in the SEC this season?
    Yes our 2 CBs and Safeties are solid but when people spread em out wide and attack my 3 and 4 Cbs I might be in trouble. Especially in those pesky 3rd and long situations...I still cant figure them out. Yes we need Matt Turner (MLB) to make some plays this year. Ratings and skillz dont mean shit unless you can translate them into plays on the field.

Question 5: What type of defense will you be running this year? Is it any change from last season? Same 4-3.

Question 6: As we examine your squad we continue to be impressed by the defense. What if anything has led to having talent spread all throughout the defense but a lack of talent on offense?
    I tend to recruit what is presented to me. As my team has been 3 and 4 star last 2 seasons. This season we are 5 star and have seen a significant jump in talent interested. Also I have chased some of the top tier recruits on offense and have failed. Go big or go home!

Just looking for top talent...I dont care where it is. I seem to have alot of ATH on my Board...HB and WR. I do want some beast WRs since throwing seems easy for me this edition of NCAA. We signed WR 77 OVR Cameron Thompson...he looks good. We also signed a GEM Guard. We are trying our best to stay in pipeline.

MAX - His game frustrates the shit out of me!!!

USC - His team is just jacked and makes almost impossible to establish any run game.

MAX - If he really needs to score he seems to have a few plays to make that happen. I dont know them :(.

MAX - He is in Texas and I have that pipeline...his team is on everyone of my lists.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

16. BRUCE80

BRUCE80

QB Fabian Hester is the unquestioned leader of the O, his 90-98 arm lead the way. Carl Lindsey is not my typical type of back but he is a grinder who wears down a D and is secure with the rock. We have three Senior WRs...none are that explosive but they are all fast enough, can get open and can make plays.

On D 6'8 Brent Bobo is a intimidator who throws his body around and makes plays. Sr CB Zack Clark is a fast coverage guy with great skills. Senior SS Jason Turner will knock your block off...and is a force in the run game.

Question 2: Arkansas has seen 3 coaches within the last year, mostly due to unforeseen circumstances. Coach, how do you feel that affects the psyche of a team filled of 18-22 year olds?

They werent ready for another change and I wasnt ready for them. I am not in love with this roster and will be making a bunch of changes to get it where it needs to be to succeed in my system.

Question 3: You've been around the coaching circles and is highly regarded as one of the better coaches around. Tell me what can you attribute your success to?

Our system is proven, it works...but when you arent used to a controller or game and come in mid stream there is a ton of work to be done. Its going to take awhile for us to feel comforatable here and make an impact...we need "our" guys.

Question 4: What kind of fundamental changes, if any, will you be making? Is there a specific style of football you want to brand "the Arkansas way?"

Power football with a passing game that can light a D up if needed. We need more size and way more speed at the skill spots.

Question 5: What have you been doing in between coaching gigs in T1? Have you worked on that golf swing?

Winning championships on the PS3 side of things...and then taking some time off to work on the swing. Just thrilled to be back and plan to stay a long time.

Question 6: I know you haven't spent much time with your guys yet but at first glance of practices, tell me what you feel is Arkansas strengths and weaknesses.

We are just a solid team right now...but the graduation this winter will open many glaring holes on this team. The fall off at all the skill spots on O will put us way behind the 8 ball. Look for many young fresh faces to start next year.

Question 7: Where do you feel is the biggest need for your football team?

We need more speed and we need more talent in each class that comes on board here. No offense to the previous regime, the roster balance here isnt what we are used to seeing. We need better players on the dline and way more size inside at DT.

Question 8: Finally, just say a word about some of the coaching members you've played throughout your coaching experiences whether here or somewhere else.

No surprise that HR has remained a coach to be taken seriously, I was a bit surprised to here coach Mo hasnt won a bunch of chips...however BC is a challenge. Helli is a beast to play and solid all around. Good to see some familiar faces still battling.

- Good luck out there this year, coach and welcome back!

Thank you sir...words can express how happy i was to finally get that call.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think winning a championship in a PS3 league roughly equates to making a bowl in an xbox league ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

A bowl named after a fast food sandwich or a truck tire no less.....you know...the ones we at NC State make :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. BRUCE80

That's just mean spirited sir, we have a few on xbox as well..

• Like Like x 1