SEC Media Days 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SEC Media Days 2010

SEC Media Days 2010

[​IMG]

In this thread each SEC coach will answer a few questions about their team. They will also fill out a supperlative list. Copy and paste your team's page with the answers.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

ALABAMA

[​IMG]

Coach you always have a great team, what do you think is the identity of this squad?

Will Alabama have a one two punch at RB or will they go with a feature back?

Jesse Myrick was moved to WR why and will he see a lot of action this year?

What does Alabama need to reel in this year recruiting wise?

SEC offensive player of the year-

SEC defensive player of the year-

SEC freshman of the year-

SEC Coach of the year-

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU

[​IMG]

Coach LSU needs to win this year or you will be on the front burner, what nees to change?

Mr. Lee takes over at QB with studs at WR will we see a balanced attack or a 60/40 or more pass ratio?

Reuben randle is a Heisman dark horse, will he have an opportunity to be the man ?

How is the defense this year, and who is the leader of the unit?

How do you feel about your OOC schedule?

SEC defensive player of the year-

SEC Coach of the year-

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Kentucky

[​IMG]

Kentucky continues to be a giant killer and a winning program, what do you owe that too?

The past two seasons you have lost the hear and soul of your offense and defense in Randall Cobb and Danny Trevethan, who takes their roles?

Morgan Newton played great football last year, however the RB Russell is a Heisman candidate, how will he be marketed?

Are their any glaring holes that have to be filled in recruiting?

SEC Defensive player of the year-

SEC coach of the year-

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida

[​IMG]

Coach after retiring for a day or so with the health concerns, give us an update?

My health is fine. I have been checked out and cleared to do this job at full capacity. I have learned to trust my staff more and to delegate soem things to them. Best I've felt since being in this profession.

What have the Gators done to get back on top of the SEC?

Well our guys have worked extremely hard in the off season with strength coach Mickey Marriotti. He's the best in the business. We had an intense Spring Practice. we had to see if we had some guys that were going to step up and fill some important spots. We accomplished that.

With Tim Tebow, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper, Major Wright, Jermaine Cunningham, and Brandon James, one of the Pounceys all gone, who will fill the major gap on the field and in the locker room?

You can't replace guys like that. Those guys were part of my first couple recruiting classes. They won a hell of a lot of games. They put GatorNation back on the map. They were huge for us.

But I think we will be OK. Johnny really came into his own at QB and enjoys this team being his finally. We have recruited well so Florida should never have a down year. We should be in the hunt every year.

You lost 5 starters on defense and moe importantly your right hand man in defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, what can we expect from the Gator defense?

Chuck Heater and Teryl Austin have done a hell of a job getting this defense ready to go. We lost 5 starters but we got 5 guys jumping in there with a lot of experience. We will be good on defense.

Any changes on offense with the loss of Tebow?

Johnny has a different skill set. We will do what gives him the chance to be most successful. We are not changing our entire offense. Trey can come in and do some of the things that Tim did for us in the run game. They both will play.
    SEC offensive player of the year- Mark Ingram BAMA

SEC defensive player of the year- Craig Loston LSU

SEC freshman of the year- Andre Debose Florida

SEC Coach of the year- knightnoles

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

or you could copy paste it to my pm with just the answers

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Answer later tonight!

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

lsu updated thanks CA

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Looks like you have to erase the end quote.

Thanks!

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

This is your first year as a HC in the big bad SEC, are you ready?
    -- I believe so, I have always done a decent job anywhere I have been and my staff is top of the line.

What has this team done to prepare itself for the 2010 season?
    -- We worked hard in the weight room all offseason and had a very good spring ball. Our offense should be a little more potent and the defense will be scrappy. We just have to go out do our jobs and play damn good football.

You have several playmakers on this team on both sides of the ball. Talk about these players.
    -- Randall Cobb our go to guy, Clay Matthews big tall receiver.
    -- Winston Guy should be a solid safety for us

Who will start at QB?
    -- Morgan Newton will most likely get the nod

Can this team win the East?
    -- We really have one game (user) circled in the East and that is Florida. We win that and break the streak against them and Tennessee we should represent the East.

If you could get John Wall and Demarcus Cousins to skip the NBA draft and come play for you, would they start and where?
    -- Wall would be at either receiver or DB while Cousins would be a TE or on the Dline.

SEC offensive player of the year- Alabama HB Mark Ingram

SEC Defensive player of the year- LSU CB Patrick Peterson

SEC freshman of the year- Florida Defense Ronald Powell

SEC coach of the year- controllerabuser

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SEC MEDIA DAYS ARE COMPLETE see you guys on the field good luck.

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

updated on first page

13. KnightNoles

You won the SEC East, the bullseye is big is this team ready?
    That was last year and this team is completely different. I thought we didn't have the thoroughbreds last year and they proved me wrong. Honestly this team seems a little weaker on the defensive side of the ball. So right now, No we are not ready for the bullseye.

Will anything change scheme wise for the Wildcats due to the loss of Randall Cobb?
    We will go from the spread offense to a more pro styled scheme. We have bigger receivers and two capable HBs that we think can get the job done this year.

Who will start at QB?
    Junior Morgan Newton will continue to be the guy, he had to come in his Freshman year and received some experience. Last year he led this team to an SEC East crown as the starter. He can only get better and his accuracy has to improve along with the TD-INT ratio.

Can this team win the East again?
    I am not going to say no but it will be a lot tougher than last year because teams have a feel for the Wildcats now.

SEC offensive player of the year- Trent Richardson - Alabama

SEC Defensive player of the year- Danny Trevathan - Kentucky

SEC freshman of the year- TBA

SEC coach of the year- Diddy

14. controllerabuser

Coach LSU won the SEC last year, what can we owe that to (besides Frisk)?

We still managed to go 7-0 in the SEC and win the SEC championship against Kentucky. The team as a whole. More importantly the guys executed when needed and played great defense. This year, there will be no excuses.

Jordan Jefferson finally emerged as the QB last year, what has he done in the off season to prepare himself for 2011?

He has worked with Reuben & Russell all off season. He had great chemistry with Russell last year. This year will be no different.

What is the strength of this team ?

Strength of this team is that we are solid all over. Really no weaknesses.

Can this team go a step forward and compete for a national title, why or why not?

Yes, because I believe our team is better than last year. After those two early losses we rebounded and played the way we could. If we do that, I see us in the National Championship this year.

Looking at your roster, there are a lot of highly rated players, give me two that are the one's that will make this team go.

Jordan Jefferson and Patrick Peterson

SEC offensive player of the year- Trent Richardson

SEC defensive player of the year- I don't know!

SEC freshman of the year- I don't know!

SEC Coach of the year- Diddy

15. BG

BG On The Rize!

Coach you were unable to make it back to the BCS title game was last season a failure in your eyes?

Despite losing the one game to LSU, we actually almost had a chance to go back to the National Championship game; even without going to the SEC Championship game. So I guess we are a little disappointed that we weren't able to repeat as National Champs, but it's hard to say that a 12-1 season is a failure!

Alabama has lost a lot on the offensive side of the ball, who are your leaders and who has to emerge to make that offense satisfactory for SEC play?

Its damn near impossible to replace the caliber of guys we lost to graduation and the NFL, but we have complete confidence in the players we have returning to this program. Trent Richardson has waited patiently for his time to shine and that opportunity is now upon us He is no rookie to to league and I think he will do a great job leading this team this season. QB, A.J. McCarron is a very talented player who will make a name for himself before he leaves Alabama!

You have experience this go around on defense, What is to be expected from this group this season?

Last year, I think we caught the league by surprise on just how good we were. We know have the experience to back it up and will look to our defense to play even better in 2011.

Is team junior senior heavy on the two deep or will some freshmen be able to play this season?

We have a couple of freshman that will see some action during the season. One that jumps out at me is highly talented freshman QB, Jesse Myrick. He was one of the best Qb's in this recruiting class and has all the attributes you want in a QB. He is smart, has a strong arm and has the quickness to make plays with his feet if he has to. Also, TE's Joe Fields and Khalid Weaver will see a lot of time on the field this season.

SEC offensive player of the year- Jordan Jefferson

SEC defensive player of the year-?

SEC freshman of the year-?

SEC Coach of the year-
    [/QUOTE] Knoles

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

done answer away

17. KnightNoles

Kentucky

Kentucky continues to be a giant killer and a winning program, what do you owe that too?
    The kids, they just continue to work hard and believe this system that the coaches teach them. The go out and execute every week and that has translated to our success.

The past two seasons you have lost the heart and soul of your offense and defense in Randall Cobb and Danny Trevethan, who takes their roles?
    Kentucky, has seen two of the Nations best players come through here the last two years and I have had the privilege to coach them. QB Morgan Newton has come into his own and I think the injury last year really helped slow everything down for him. Qua Huzzie will try to take over the defense in which the secondary needs a lot of help.

Morgan Newton played great football last year, however the RB Russell is a Heisman candidate, how will he be marketed?
    Newton could end up as being the MVP of this team, but Russell will surely get his touches and handle the rock. Russell will get between 20-28 carries a game so look out for him to do his damage.

Are their any glaring holes that have to be filled in recruiting?
    We badly need some depth in the secondary at corner and wide receivers.

SEC offensive player of the year- Morgan Newton or Donald Russell

SEC Defensive player of the year- Florida Ronald Powell

SEC freshman of the year- TBA

SEC coach of the year- Knight

18. BG

BG On The Rize!

Knight Knoles

19. KnightNoles

Derrick Locke isn't on the team anymore....

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Hope you don't mind me asking a question Diddy...but for Coach Forever...

Coach, this year, do you think you will actually get back to us with your SEC Defensive and Freshman Player's of the Year?

21. controllerabuser

22. BG

BG On The Rize!

I'll do my best!!

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Did we figure out a DPOTY and ROTY yet?

24. BG

BG On The Rize!

The jury is still out!