SEC Media DAYS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SEC Media DAYS

[​IMG]

Auburn Tigers​

What's the 2011 outlook?

What are you expecting out of the QB position this season?

How do you look on the defensive side of the ball?

Everyone wants to know if this is the year Auburn can win the Iron Bowl, your thoughts?

Coach Picks

SEC off POY

SEC def POY

SEC Coach of the Year

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Georgia Bulldogs

[​IMG]

Georgia Bulldogs

Coach you come in and take over a team that gave away the East last season, wht have you changed?

Who will it be at QB this fall?

A.J. Green and Marlon Brown have been mentioned as round 1 draft picks in the upcoming NFL draft. What will they mean to this team in 2011?

What do you have coming back and who is stepping up on defense for you?

You were brought in to win championships and in order to do that you need to knock of Florida, the fans are want to know when are you gonna give them what they want?

Coach Picks

SEC off POY

SEC def POY

SEC Coach of the year

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU Tigers

[​IMG]

LSU Tigers​

Coach LSU took a step back last year, what can we owe that to?

Jordan Jefferson finally emerged as the QB last year, what has he done in the off season to prepare himself for 2011?

What is the strength of this team ?

Looking at your roster, there are a lot of highly rated players, give me two that are the one's that will make this team go.

There were some big wins last year, can this team compete for an SEC title?

SEC offensive player of the year-

SEC defensive player of the year-

SEC Coach of the year-

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida Gators

[​IMG]

Florida Gators

Coach after retiring for a day or so with the health concerns, give us an update?

My health is fine. I have been checked out and cleared to do this job at full capacity. I have learned to trust my staff more and to delegate soem things to them. Best I've felt since being in this profession.

What have the Gators done to get back on top of the SEC?

Well our guys have worked extremely hard in the off season with strength coach Mickey Marriotti. He's the best in the business. We had an intense Spring Practice. we had to see if we had some guys that were going to step up and fill some important spots. We accomplished that.

With Tim Tebow, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Aaron Hernandez, Riley Cooper, Major Wright, Jermaine Cunningham, and Brandon James, one of the Pounceys all gone, who will fill the major gap on the field and in the locker room?

You can't replace guys like that. Those guys were part of my first couple recruiting classes. They won a hell of a lot of games. They put GatorNation back on the map. They were huge for us.

But I think we will be OK. Johnny really came into his own at QB and enjoys this team being his finally. We have recruited well so Florida should never have a down year. We should be in the hunt every year.

The Locker room belongs to Mike Pouncey and Carl Johnson and Justin Trattou and Brandon Hicks, those guys run the show now and we shouldn't miss a beat.

You lost 5 starters on defense and moe importantly your right hand man in defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, what can we expect from the Gator defense?

Chuck Heater and Teryl Austin have done a hell of a job getting this defense ready to go. We lost 5 starters but we got 5 guys jumping in there with a lot of experience. We will be good on defense.

Any changes on offense with the loss of Tebow?

Johnny has a different skill set. We will do what gives him the chance to be most successful. We are not changing our entire offense. Trey can come in and do some of the things that Tim did for us in the run game. They both will play.

SEC offensive player of the year- Mark Ingram BAMA

SEC defensive player of the year- Craig Loston LSU

SEC Coach of the year- NDcolts- Auburn

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Auburn Tigers​

Coach a lot of people questioned your hiring. However you have gotten things rolling and excited the fan base in Auburn. What's the 2010 outlook?

I believe that after this season, Charles Barkley will be making a public apology. Laughs We have the ingredients for a great season. We have a lot of seniors mixed with some young talent and our schedule is about as good as the SEC can be.

Will (ex-gator) Qb Cameron Newton be the starter? Why or why not?

He exited spring #1 on the depth chart and has held on through fall practice. He will be our week 1 starter. Whether he stays there is up to him.

A great tailback has been the tradition at Auburn from Bo Jackson, Carnell "cadillac" Williams, Ronnie Brown, Ben Tate, etc. Who is going to carry on?

Onterio McCalebb and Sr. Mario Fannin will largely split the carries until one emerges as our #1 back. Both bring something to the table. Onterio has an elite level burst that you can't teach. Fannin is a veteran who we can trust to carry or catch the ball, block, and not pit the ball on the ground.

How do you look on the defensive side of the ball?

Grizzled and hungry. 8 seniors, 3 juniors, no rings. For most of them, it's their last chance to leave an imprint in Tiger lore. They're ready.

Alabama is looooooaaaaaded. Can you compete in this year's Iron Bowl?

They were undefeated National Champs last year and 10 point favorites. Do you remember that game? We lost by 5 after jumping out 14-0. The game may be circled on the calendar, but it's a long way away. We have 11 other opponents before Alabama and that's what we are focused on.

Coach Picks

SEC off POY

Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas

SEC def POY

Dont' Hightower, LB, Alabama

SEC Coach of the Year

Nick Saban

6. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

7. TARHEELBABY

TARHEELBABY LuDacRiz

Georgia Bulldogs​

Coach a lot of people are saying watch out for Georgia this year because the East is down and expectations are not high in Athens. Your opininon?

Georgia in my opinion is a better team than last year. The chemistry that these guys have is unbelievable. I won't go as far as saying the East is down cause you can't count out the SEC but i have a good feeling about our team this year.

Who will it be at QB this fall? Why?

Aaron Murray and the reason is he has a next-level arm and has just enough talent to grow into the job over the next few years.

A.J. Green has been mentioned as a #1 overall pick in the upcoming NFL draft. What will he mean to this team in 2010?

A.J. Green means alot to the team. His agility and ability to play this game as well as anybody is phenomenal and his experience and leadership will help the up and coming receivers to feed off of his energy.

We have 10 offensive players and 5 defensive players returning and the defense puts its faith in Justin Houston.

Tim Tebow is gone, you are one of a few teams that beat him in his career. Are the Gators easy pickings this year?

No. Tim Tebow is a great football player but Florida is still a dangerous without him. Sdid will have his Gator team ready for this season.

Coach Picks

SEC off POY: A.J. Green-Georgia

SEC def POY: Cliff Matthews-South Carolina

SEC Coach of the year: Sdid

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

sec media days went well thanks guys

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

The flordia coach is kinda drunk at his media day. Ndcolts dont coach Auburn lol

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I heard he fell asleep at a traffic light on his way home too, lol

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol Flordia coach was scared of me being in SEC he has nightmares and said go big 12

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

vote for post season awards

Coach of the year

off POY

def POY

yes you can vote for cpu controlled coach or players me and jerz will break ties

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nick Saban Alabama

Greg Mcelroy Alabama

Brandon Wilson Miss St.

14. onaradio34

Just saw this...will update tomorrow

15. onaradio34

Bobby Petrino, Arkansas

Greg Mcelroy, Alabama

Nobody stands out, so going into full on "homer" mode. Mike McNeil, Auburn.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Georgia, auburn, and lsu updated fire away

17. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Coach you come in and take over a team that gave away the East last season, what have you changed?

I wanted to come in and change the way this team thinks. I wanted to establish an " We can Win attitude"

Who will it be at QB this fall?

Arron Murrary

A.J. Green and Marlon Brown have been mentioned as round 1 draft picks in the upcoming NFL draft. What will they mean to this team in 2011?

They will be instrumental this year. We are running alot of big sets on offense so them making plays out of the I-formation and pro formations will be key.

Safety Baccari Rambo...keep your eye on him.

You were brought in to win championships and in order to do that you need to knock of Florida, the fans are want to know when are you gonna give them what they want?

That is the plan. The plan is to win every game

Coach Picks

SEC off POY: Aj Green, UGA

SEC def POY: Jarris Harrell ALA

SEC Coach of the year: Onradio AUB

18. onaradio34

Auburn Tigers

Murky, hazy I would say. I think the players have another year of experience under our schemes. Did we lose a lot of talent? Yes. Did we replace it with talent? We just won't know until we kickoff. Our schedule is brutal, there aren't any gimmies. I really feel a 10-win season is possible, we just gotta catch some breaks.

A lot of Senior leadership. Cam has got to lead us, nobody else. He has the skill set and the players around him can make plays. He has to keep us in good positions and not make bad decisions. He threw way to many picks last year, we need him to make quicker throws or escape the pocket. When he does run, we have been screaming "slide, slide, slide." We even brought in the baseball coach to teach him cause for us to be successful he's got to stay on the field.

No major holes but no major strengths. You're not gonna gut us any particular way, but at the same time, we don't have an area where we are gonna completely shut you down. We just gotta get it to 3rd down and make a play. SS McNeil returning to school really helps.

Yes it is. We will win take back the state of Alabama football!!

SEC off POY- A.J. Green, Georgia

SEC def POY- SS McNeil, Auburn

SEC Coach of the Year- Urban Meyer, Florida

19. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Missing Jordan Jefferson for a significant portion of the year really hurt this team. Jordan's leadership and ability to create plays out of thin air were key in each of our wins

Jordan spent a lot of time going over the playbook. There will definitely be some new wrinkles this year. Teams are going to see a lot more option plays than we showed them last year, and Jordan's speed is going to play a much more significant role in the offense.

The strength of this team is our offense. We are lead top down by Jordan Jefferson and our excellent receiving corps. If Jordan hadn't been injured last year, he would have lead the country in passing. If Jordan stays healthy this year, he will pass for 5,000 yards - you can count on that.

On offense I've obviously talked about Jordan Jefferson a lot, and he's our engine on offense, but Lavar Edwards on defense is going to have a great season for us.

We have all the pieces in place to compete for an SEC title. There is no one that can stop us on offense, if our defense can come together this year, we will win an SEC title.

SEC OPY: Jordan Jefferson, LSU

SEC DPY: Jerrell Harris, Alabama

SEC COY: Les Miles, LSU

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good job guys someone needs to grill me I dont want to ask myself questions