SEC Season 1 Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MartyWebb, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Post em up..

2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

'Dores Down Northwestern
    [​IMG]
    Freshman HB Brian Kimbrow had his coming out day against Northwestern​
    [​IMG]38 [​IMG]31

In what was an exciting back and forth affair, Vanderbilt edged Northwestern by a score of 38-31. Vandy, who was coming off a tough loss to SEC powerhouse South Carolina, asserted the ground game early and often. Zach Stacy went off, finishing the game with 235 yards and 1 score. Not to be out-done, fellow running back Brian Kimbrow stole the show. Kimbrow added 71 yards and a TD on the ground, while catching 4 balls for 73 yards and another score. A do it all back, this rookie has Coach Mayernick salivating at his versatility and game-breaking speed.

The Northwestern offense was incredibly difficult to stop. Their up-tempo, no huddle offense gave Vandy headaches all game. Down 31-24 late, Vandy stopped Northwestern on back to back drives on huge 3rd down sacks from Jr LE Willie May. This proved the difference, as otherwise Northwestern couldn't be stopped.

Sr QB Jordan Rodgers threw 3 picks on the day, all 3 in enemy territory. Though he did add 271 yards and 2 scores, these crucial turnovers need to be fixed immediately. They enabled Northwestern to jump ahead, and nearly cost Vanderbilt their fist victory.

The Dores now focuse their energy on a road trip to Hartford, Connecticut, where they will take on the UConn Huskies. Vandy needs this win to gain momentum heading into some tough SEC games.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Week 2 Scoring.JPG
    Mississippi State welcomed Coach Baron to the SEC, but it was the Auburn running game that welcomed the Bulldogs... to the ground!
    Onterio McCalebb had his second straight game of 100+ yards rushing, this time adding two touchdowns. Baron continued limiting Frazier's passing attempts, but he certainly made the most of them, throwing for 228 yards on only 8 completions. Frazier did have his first pick of the season but otherwise had a solid game. ​
    The defense kept up their end of the bargain, keeping the potent no-huddle attack of the bulldogs in check. ​
    "It was a good win, but we've got two really tough games coming up so we definitely need to improve. Especially against slants." ​

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Georgia loses in 2 OT's to Mizzou 37-34!
    Ghost gg​

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1