SEC Season 1 Week 3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Nov 17, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Vandy Storms Back, Stuns Huskies
    [​IMG]

After falling in an early 14-0 hole, Vanderbilt punter Richard Kent pinned UConn on their 1 yard line. With their home fan's roaring in support of the Huskies, running back slipped a tackle in the endzone to avoid the safety, and dashed 99 yards to put UConn up 21-0 in the 1st quarter.

"We never panicked," Coach Mayernick remarked in the post game press conference. "I told our boys we had two choices: give up or put up. They chose the latter, and I'm very proud of them."

Vandy stormed back from that deficit, erasing a 21 point lead in the 2nd. UConn went into the half up 28-21, but all the momentum was on the side of the Commodores.

Despite a stagnant running game, Senior QB Jordan Rodgers had the game of his life. Rodgers threw for 425 yards and 5 touchdowns, while completing 71% of his passes. bounced back after a rough game last week, as the 'Dores really needed him to shine Saturday. Assisting in his efforts was WR Jodran Matthews, who caught 11 balls for 234 yards and 3 scores.

Huge win for Vandy, as their next two games they are big underdogs to Ghost and Bulldog as they take on Mizzou and Georgia, respectively.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

No more video recaps? LAZY!

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

User games only. They take too long lol