SEC Team Scenarios

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Aug 30, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

SEC Team Scenarios

So, it's getting close to the end of the season and the conference and division races are heating up. Let's take a look at where some key teams stand in the SEC, as of now.

SEC East:

Team CONF REC
    Florida 8-0 10-0
    South Carolina 6-2 8-2
    Tennessee 3-3 7-3

Florida

Florida has clinched the SEC East Spot in the SEC Championship and sits at 3 wins away (FAU, FSU, and SEC Championship) from a spot in the National Championship.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    National Championship (Win Out)
    Sugar (Loss vs FSU, Win SEC Champ.)
    Other At-Large BCS Birth (Win vs FSU, Loss vs SEC West)

South Carolina

South Carolina has finished 2nd in the SEC East. The Gamecocks have a game against Troy next week to recover from their tough loss to the Gators this week. Their last game of the season comes against the surging Clemson Tigers in an in-state clash. They deserve to be in the BCS after the stellar season they have had, but the painful loss to Auburn early in the season has really festered in the minds of voters this season.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    Capital One (If SEC West Champ. does not get chosen for game), Outback (If SEC West Champ. goes to Capital One)

Tennessee

Tennessee appears destined for third in the SEC East, as long as they can get by Kentucky in the regular season finale. If they do, in fact, win out, they will most likely finish tied for 5th in the SEC. They should get the nod for the 5th place spot if they end up tied with LSU, on account of a head-to-head victory. If they wind up tied with Arkansas, it will be up to the bowls to decide who gets the nod for the better bowl game.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    Outback (If South Carolina goes to Capital One),
    Chick Fil-A or Music City (If South Carolina goes to Outback)

SEC West

Team CONF REC
    Auburn 6-1 9-2
    Arkansas 4-2 8-2
    LSU 4-2 8-2

Auburn

Auburn controls its own destiny on the path to a meeting with Florida in the SEC Championship. Yet, it's no sure thing, as the Tigers still have to get by two underachieving teams in Georgia and Alabama in the last two games of the regular season. A loss in either game puts Auburn at the mercy of the result of the season-ending Arkansas vs LSU game.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    Sugar (Win Out),
    Capital One (Win vs GA, Win vs AL, L vs FL, Bowl selects over South Carolina),
    Cotton (South Carolina goes to Capital One),
    Outback or Chick-Fil-A (Loss vs GA or AL)

Arkansas

Arkansas really needed a win against South Carolina to keep hopes alive to win the SEC. Even with a win against LSU, Arkansas would need Auburn to lose both of its remaining games to make it to the SEC Championship game.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    Cotton (Win Out),
    Chick-Fil-A or Music City or Liberty (Depending on Tiebreakers and Bowl Selection Committee decisions)

LSU

LSU still has a heartbeat in the race for the SEC West, but they do not control their own fate. To lock down a spot in Atlanta, LSU must win against Mississippi and Arkansas and get a win from either Georgia or Alabama over Auburn. LSU could also squeeze their way in to a BCS open slot if they win out and get a little help from teams currently above them in the polls. LSU currently finds themselves in the 13th spot in the BCS polls, and would presumably only need to move up to somewhere between 8-10 in order to get a BCS invite.

Likely Bowl Scenarios:
    Sugar (Win Out, Auburn Loss vs GA or AL, Beat FL in SEC Champ.), Other At-Large BCS Birth (Win Out and Catch a Break),
    Capital One (Win Out, Auburn Loss vs GA or AL, Lose to FL in SEC Championship, Get selected for game over South Carolina),
    Cotton (Win Out, Lose to FL in SEC Championship, South Carolina selected for Capital One),
    Chick-Fil-A or Music City or Liberty (Depending on Tie-Breakers and Bowl Selection Committee Decisions)

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Nice work on this

3. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Yes all Great Information! Florida controls its own destiny

4. mboda

mboda Walk On

good stuff!

5. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I'm waiting for the ACC one now :)

6. SodaAddict

Yeah, I am waiting on K Hardy to finish his game... I THINK he is playing his right now, so I plan on advancing after and writing the ACC scenarios up tonight.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Actually LSU just needs to win out its divisional games and an Auburn loss to make it into the sec championship. I beat Auburn so that would put me ahead of them if we are tied at the end of the season.

8. SodaAddict

That's what I said.

Of Course, since then Auburn took down Georgia, so Auburn would have to lose to Bama and LSU would have to get by Mississippi and Arkansas for LSU to land in the SEC Championship game.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

lol, I was way too tired when I read that last night