SEC Title Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

SEC Title Preview

I'll start this thing but I expect everyone who played these guys to post a tid bit or two.

Florida- We beat them in first downs, 27 to 6. We beat them in total offense 508 to 353. We out rushed them 184 to 21. We even converted 6 more times on third down than they did. We won the turnover battle and we had the ball on offense 11 more minutes than they did.

But we lost anyways. Not because we went for two or because we ignorantly continued to kick it to the same kick returner. We lost because junior quarterback Jeff Reed was able to hit receivers deep over and over again. Our defense had grown accustomed to getting pressure quickly which made it able to leave our DB's on an island. The Florida offensive line is stacked though and Auburn will have a tough time cracking it.

Auburn- just like with Florida we were able to work our way into an early deficit against the Tigers. Unlike the Gator game our running backs struggled here, getting less than 50 yards on the ground.

Our defense didnt have too much trouble as we held the Tigers to less than 350 yards of total offense. Unfortunately, Knoles has no respect for receivers as he single handedly made two interceptions that the cpu would have no chance making on their own. The Dawgs would lose by 7 and looked to add the Auburn coach to their staff with little luck.

Bottom Line- It's not the ACC boys, this is real football. I like Auburns pass defense to shut down Reed and the rest of Meyers recruits. If the Gators can find a way to run the ball or if that devil spawn Hammond Jr can get the ball deep into Auburn territory like he did against Georgia than......

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That's funny because I think this will be Hammond's first game back from the injury he suffered in the UGA game.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm starting to get up there in years so my memory isn't what it once was.

Could someone please remind me which conference won the ACC/SEC challenge? I forget.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think the ACC won this year but I could be wrong. Maybe someone from the SEC could shed some light. I am going to go ahead and call the ACC sweep for next year.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I would love to go back and play my game against UNC and wont get to face them next year as they had a projected down year by Coach Jello and didnt finish in the top 3 of the ACC. Man what a bad loss to have on the resume this year

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It could've been worse. I'm pretty sure that I was still ranked highly when I beat you and my team has been overrated all year and I think I'm still in the top 20 despite 4 losses.

If my team were ranked where they really should be, the loss would look worse to the pollsters.

On the other hand, I was beaten down by a Maryland team that had a losing record at the time and was winless against other users. Don't let the score fool you, I was destroyed in that game. In the 4th quarter when Maryland was up big, for some reason they kept throwing, throwing, and throwing which led to pick after pick after pick. Had he run the clock out, I lose by 20+.

So, ranking be damned, I guess a loss to UNC this year does look pretty damned bad. Just ask VT, LSU, and Maryland how terrible my team is.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

lol, shiiite I started off the game throwing two picks and I believe 1 to your Dlineman and down 10-0 or 14-0 before I blinked, plus if I knew what I knew now about my team be a different story but I guess the loss did help in a way.

Enough bout the past, 1 game away from being SEC Champions!!!!!!!!

8. GoGators

1 game away...... I'm excited to get my revenge for the dismal performance in the Swamp earlier this year.

9. GoGators

To add to this game is the fact that I'm standing in the way of Noles' trip to 2 national championship games right now. In this league and in the Trifecta. If he beats me in either he's going to the big game. If he loses he's not. Talk about some added pressure.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    no pressure Sherm ;)