Second To None 14

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by trevorg234, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Well, with dynasty details being launched today it's probably a good time to get this going. We had a great run on 13, so I fully expect to have another enjoyable release. Since Noles is commish I'll leave it to him to hammer out details of the league roster and such.

I just though this would be a good place to talk about the next launch since it's only 6 weeks out.

So what does everybody think about the news today, setup for 14, etc?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

Any word on openings for 2014?

3. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

What does everybody think about league set-up? I think it's crucial that people get their favorite schools so we should try to accomodate that.

I love the 3 conference alignment personally. It allows for 4-5 user games per year which is a good mix of user/cpu. I don't have my mind set on a school so I'm able to fill a gap wherever it's needed.

I have 4 schools in the ACC, 2 in the Big Ten, 4 in the SEC, and 3 in the Pac-12 to choose from.

4. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

As long as I'm not in the B1G, I'll happily go to any conference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

New link with more details: here

6. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Im a DAWG point blank period

• Like Like x 1
  7. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully EA got Maryland's uniforms right this year, so I would like Maryland. So it looks like the ACC and SEC to start with.

Also not sure what everyone's opinions are with keeping up with future agreed upon realignment. (i.e. UMD and Rutgers to B1G, Louisville to ACC...)

8. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

The future moves shouldnt be a problem, especially since they programmed in ND's 5 games against the ACC and there are less moves to worry about.

I think we need to come to an agreement on the final conference since the ACC and SEC seem like locks.

9. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Well my thoughts on the conferences:

ACC- definitely top heavy, but has some great programs at the top. It concerns me that we had such a hard time filling it last year. I know Noles probably wants FSU again so I'd have no problem voting for the ACC. Plus, I'd like to be a team like Clemson to take on the Noles every year.

Big 12- no way would I vote for it. No conference championship game, a ton of awful programs, and several teams would have to be added.

Big Ten- very strong conference in terms of depth and would allow Broth to be Maryland. We'd have no troubles filling it and it's close to other playable conferences for recruiting purposes.

Big East- uh, no

SEC- Has to get my vote. So many great programs went untouched in 13 and there are some good building options as well.

PAC 12- I really like it but it would be on its own for recruiting. We should probably stay close geographically and this wouldn't work too well.

Small conferences- not my thing

So as it stands now I'd like the ACC, Big Ten, and SEC if we go with 3 leagues. Most important is getting people matched up with schools they want to be, imo. That's why so many leagues flame out in January or before--people get stuck with random teams they don't like.

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I know for a fact Noles isnt big on the small schools thing so thats out

• Like Like x 2
  11. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

What is this Big East you speak of?

• Like Like x 1
  12. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I believe he is referring to the AAC.

13. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I wonder if Noles/s2n is getting bumped up to premier this year. He really deserves it after the work put in this past year.

It would help fill the league out nicely as well.

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah it would. To be completely honest, this is the ONLY league I want to run with. You guys are great and I wish I didn't get spent out on NCAA this year, it's been the 1st year where that has happened to me. I am actually open to doing anything and I am turning away from being the Irish as it did kind of suck not being in a conference. I'm open to just about anything right now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

Are we all invited back for NCAA 14?

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

im good with anything right now..this is probly the only football league i will be in this next year and to be honest i love this league and its gotta be one of the top ones around here!

18. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Does anybody know for a fact which team they want to play with? I know you have Broth and Maryland, but I didn't know if there was anybody else that had their mind set. If we get a couple more guys taking on 4* or less schools, I'd be willing to jump in and pick a building job as well. Teams like Vandy, Missouri, Louisville (not quite a power), and Penn State (probably 4* now) could spark my interest if we have some other guys going that route.

19. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i havent really thought about what team specially yet. just depends what conferences we go with

20. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

I know if I'm in and I'm in the ACC I want either GT or Syracuse. The SEC I'm not sure.

21. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Everyone should keep in mind that I know two five stars teams will be picked of top such as Florida State and Georgia. Just remember you want to be able to compete

22. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I'd gladly take South Carolina if we're doing a power setup. I'd still really love to find a league where people could do their small alma mater and I could import Murray State University and build them up, but I know that will never happen in this league.

• Like Like x 1
  23. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

If most people go with powers, I'd prefer Texas A&M over everybody else.

If we get to a situation where we need a guy in another conference, I could possibly go with Penn State, Illinois, or a handful of ACC schools like Louisville to round out the roster.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  24. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    It seems like we are looking at ACC, SEC and B1G again.

25. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

It don't matter what conference I am in. As long as I am in this league and have a competitive team then I am happy. I do like Ohio State. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.