Sending Invites..Before Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 14, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sending Invites..Before Week 1

I am going to send out invites as soon as I have everyone's gamertags, so go ahead and post them. Also, I still need to know who you want jmill.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Big 12 North Big 12 North ACC Atlantic ACC Coastal
    Dakota7 Nebraska Huronia8 Oklahoma St MurkYa21 Florida St SPatin Miami
    Schmeezil Colorado hornfan Texas Papa Perry NC State KennyLSU Georgia Tech
    jmillhimes ?? Wader49 Texas A&M Jman Maryland Dru50 North Carolina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I advance to Week 1, I am going to need a few things done by each of you.

#1 - Sign and agree to the rules.
    - If you have any questions, leave them there. I still need KennyLSU, Huronia8, and jmill to sign.

#2 - Make a thread for yourself in the "Scouting Report" sub forum.
    - There will be instructions in the sub forum "sticky" (post that stays at the top if you didn't know). Please follow them, if any questions...ask.

#3 - Make a thread for yourself in the "Game Summaries" sub forum.
    - All I need for you to do is label it as I do ("Florida State Seminoles - MurkYa21"). Please try and use one for the whole time. If think your summaries get cluttered like that, I'll show you a neat system I've been using in TT IV that works pretty well.

#4 - Fill out a questionare about your team, season goals, etc.
    - It'll be fun. Trust me.

*Note - There are no sub forums up yet. Drifter will get to them when he can.

Also, I've DL'd the roman caesar rosters. We'll be using those. Also, feel free to throw out names for the dynasty. I don't really care what we call it. "Really Cool Dynasty" would work fine for me! :D

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

dakota7

sent you a friend request

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You have it, but, for reference sakes...and everyone elses...

MM Jman

Will knock out my preseason in the morning, its movie time with the wife now though.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I've sent invites to the following (assuming your GT is your name on here)..

KennyLSU, Huronia8, Jman, SPatin, Dru50, hornfan (bulgytexas), dakota7, and wader49.

I think jmillhimes' is the same, I couldn't figure out Schmeezil or Papa Perry's..

Yeah, even if I sent your invite, you might as well post your GT here so everyone knows it. However, you'll be posting it as part of your pre season questionnaire.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Is this what we want to do for season 1?

+ the amount of 4 stars equal to your schools prestige

ex) 5 star program w/ 22 seniors - 2 :5stars:, 5 :4stars:, 15 :3stars: or lower.

idk about you guys, but w/ FSU my recruiting board looks like this:

Of course, I will end up cutting it down to about 10-20 after week 1..

35/35
    :5stars: - 13, in the top 3 of 10 of them.
    :4stars: - 21, in the top 3 of 18 of them.
    :3stars: - 1, #1 on their list

My system works very well in TT IV (C-USA/MAC), but here I feel like I'm leaving all those guys out there. Basically wasting them. Not only that, but it is going to make recruiting less competitive. I've got a lot of guys to pick from, but can only sign a certain amount of them so I would be able to just recruit the guys that weren't on anyone else's lists. It'd be pretty easy.

I'm willing to stick with the above template, but does anyone else want to up the amount of recruits we are allowed? Maybe more like you can only offer scholarships to the amount of 5 stars equal to your team prestige (instead of 4 stars). Then maybe unlimited 4 stars, or something more leniant.

My system works perfectly in TT IV. A five star is huuuuuuuge, but not so much in this league.

6. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Maybe "team prestige - 1" 5-star recruits (thus a six-star school is allowed five 5-star recruits, a five-star program four 5-stars, etc.)? I just feel like six 5-stars might be a bit too much, but also realize this doesn't drop it a WHOLE LOT...

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I get what your saying.

I'm just comparing it to TT IV...where we're using lower tier teams.

You are rewarded these 5 stars, and if you are lucky enough to sign ONE it is going to help out your school tremendously. Hardly ever are they even interested in you (we're in season 3).

I just consider it a waste if I had all those guys in my top 3, and I just let them go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can do prestige - 1. Then, after each season you would just add on to your 5 star total based off of whether or not you met certain criteria. I think national championship, conference championship, and a 10 win season all warrent extra 5 stars.

Would we then go ... seniors X .5 = your number of 4 stars?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ex) If I am Florida State, 5 star program, 22 Seniors, have 69 on my roster, + 1, and using the rule above..

my scholarship allowance would look like this..

4 :5stars:
    11 :4 stars:
    9 :3stars: and under

a total of 24 schollys.

Now, let's add in that the previous year I went undefeated and won the National Championship (10 win seaon, conf champ, national champ)

It would look like this..

8 :5stars:
    11 :4stars:
    5 :3stars: and under

8 5 stars is a lot, but that would only happen if someone won the national championship.

Confusing? Probably, what do you think? And instead of allowing extra 4 stars and 5 stars for showing up to every user vs user game and no rule violations...we could take away from the total of 5 stars.

lol. This may sound confusing, but I see this working out perfectly in my head. (y)

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

My GT is bulgytexas

9. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

First off: My GT is Shmeezil

Second: I'm on board with Murks recruiting system. Win games. Win recruits. Simple as that.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

GT: Papa Perry

My bad murk I thought I had posted my GT. I'll send you a FR also

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

jmillhimes

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Everyone has invites sent with their teams except you..

Who do you want from the Big 12 North?

edit: nevermind, i see you picked Iowa State. Everyone's invites are out.

13. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

these are kind of confusing.....

So what are the rules for 5 stars and 4 stars?
    Does this apply to only the ones that sign with you or does this include who you go after as well?

For example could I have 6 five stars on my board but make sure that I only sign 2?

Or can I only target 2 if that is how many I'am allowed to sign?

14. Jman

You can have more 4/5 stars on your board than you are allowed to sign....BUT, you can only offer scholly's to the amount that you are allowed to sign.

15. wader49

wader49 Walk On

So if i have 16 scholarships that i can give out. Can i offer more than that or can i only offer 16 total. So I'm a 4 star prestige so i can sign 1 5* recruit?

16. Jman

Yes on the 5 star. You are correct in that you can only offer 16 scholarships. If you go over...Murk will warn you and then lower the boom lol, which I believe is a loss of 5 recruiting hours.

17. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Thanks for the clarification, let the recruiting wars begin!

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, I'll post a set rule that we will go by here in a minute.

To clear things up, if you are allowed to sign 16 guys, that means you can only offer to 16 guys and no more.

I'll also be posting everyone's numbers for them, so it shouldn't be too confusing.

19. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Are we allowed to recruit players that don't have us on their initial interest list?

20. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Question about recruiting, I am allowed one five star..... if I don't recruit any five stars can I recruit an extra four star?

21. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Question about recruiting, I am allowed one five star..... if I don't recruit any five stars can I recruit an extra four star?

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes, you can recruit people who aren't interested in you. Just don't have your entire board full of 5 stars that aren't interested in you.

correct, you don't have to recruit a 5 star, and CAN recruit an additional 4 star instead.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here is the new recruiting rules...please review. I will start working on everyone's scholarship numbers now.

24. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

GT- KennyLSU

I agree to the rules.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

you sign the rules in the thread that has all the rules, and I need you to do your pre season stuff so we can advance to week 1. Just waiting on you and jmill and he is on right now.